• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Master Review Index

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
This thread contains links to interactive tables for ASR's speaker and electronics reviews.

Speakers
Electronics
Compilations
Explanatory Articles & Primers

Understanding Measurements (ASR)
Understanding Measurements (External)
Tests & Studies
Analog Audio
Digital Audio
Acoustics & Psychoacoustics
Listening Tests
Software

Last edited:
OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #3
That's a lot of work, hats off ....
Thanks. I wanted to represent all the work our community has done. I'm pretty sure I've included all the formal reviews.

@Rja4000 you started a thread recently about the front page. Since these tables contain everything and are linked from the main forum page and main reviews page, as well as elsewhere, does this suffice?

Last edited:

da Choge

Forum Donor
WHOA!! These are super-nice -- a whole lot of work went into the compilation of these tables; thanks SO much!

Wes

Major Contributor
Thx for the compilation!

But it is hard to pick thru and find things - is there a searchable compilation anywhere?

OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #9
Thx for the compilation!

But it is hard to pick thru and find things - is there a searchable compilation anywhere?
Which findings do you mean?

Wes

Major Contributor
I'd like to find out if say the DAC in an Imac (or any mac) was tested and what was found.

The 'advanced search" is not very advanced or I'd use that.

OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #11
I'd like to find out if say the DAC in an Imac (or any mac) was tested and what was found.

The 'advanced search" is not very advanced or I'd use that.
What about the Audio Electronics Review & Measurement Index linked in the first post?

There's no universal search as yet, but you can type in entries into each filter. For example, under "Brand" you can type "Apple" and see what pops up.

If it's not clear, you need to press the funnel icons under "Posted By" and "Review Type" to see everything (they appear when you hover your mouse near the filter):
1585618048068.png

E.g.:
1585618137093.png

Unfortunately that iMac measurement is just of the USB port noise level.

Wes

Major Contributor
That didn't work for me. "All" was checked and I couldn't get it unchecked. When I checked "Apple" it just added that to "all"

OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #13
That didn't work for me. "All" was checked and I couldn't get it unchecked. When I checked "Apple" it just added that to "all"
Did you:
  1. Click the (All) check mark
  2. Type Apple
  3. Click Apple check mark
  4. And Click Apply?

1585655449758.png

1585655770894.png

1585655533701.png

1585655691453.png

I didn't realize this was so non-intuitive

OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #15
Please check why the Zaph ZA5.2 does not show up in the index. :)

Thanks,

Rick
It does, as DIY (Zaph Audio)

1585664344332.png

1585664397258.png

I'm open to other sorting options if you have ideas.

Rick Sykora

Forum Donor
It does, as DIY (Zaph Audio)

View attachment 56522
View attachment 56523

Thanks!

Strange I missed but was looking at the Zs. Suggest dropping the DIY part on the brand.

There are number of brands that we may test that span DIY and COTS (like Selah Audio). See the DIY aspect already shows in Review Type anyway. :cool:

Last edited:

HammerSandwich

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This works fine, IMO. It finds "zaph" even though that's not at the beginning of the entry.

I agree that the filtering is intuitive enough to use, but it is inefficient. When you open a field, the cursor's blinking away for you to start typing. But immediately typing breaks it. First, you need 2 extra clicks so that your typing can work properly. How about automatically clearing (all) IFF the user begins typing before making any other changes?

OP
pozz

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Thread Starter #18
I agree that the filtering is intuitive enough to use, but it is inefficient. When you open a field, the cursor's blinking away for you to start typing. But immediately typing breaks it. First, you need 2 extra clicks so that your typing can work properly. How about automatically clearing (all) IFF the user begins typing before making any other changes?
I'm not sure if Tableau can accomodate that. It's not 100% customizable. I'll look into it.

Top Bottom