• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New SMSL AL200 Intergrated Amplifier

vrobec

I got the AL200 before a few weeks. I like it very much. Comparing it to Harman Kardon HK680 it sounds crisper, the imaging is, I think better than HK680 does. The highs are good, the mids too, and I say the bass is very good. On first listening it seems the HK is better in lows, but after a few songs I felt mudier, and not that defined as the AL200. The inbult DAC is also very good, on pair with AK4493 DAC's I have (SU-1, Sanskrit 10thg MKII). The speakers in test are: JBL 4311, L110A and L19A.
I compared it to Marantz 2216, 2230 and Tandberg TR200 too. I think the AL200 wins here again. There are details which I hear on AL200.
I have to say there is a quiet pop when changing inputs, but this is nothing you need to worry about. The playback is flawless.
For this money I can say go for it and you wont be dissapointed. This is the best amp+dac combo right now.
PS: Sorry for my English :)

Kegemusha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I got the AL200 before a few weeks. I like it very much. Comparing it to Harman Kardon HK680 it sounds crisper, the imaging is, I think better than HK680 does. The highs are good, the mids too, and I say the bass is very good. On first listening it seems the HK is better in lows, but after a few songs I felt mudier, and not that defined as the AL200. The inbult DAC is also very good, on pair with AK4493 DAC's I have (SU-1, Sanskrit 10thg MKII). The speakers in test are: JBL 4311, L110A and L19A.
I compared it to Marantz 2216, 2230 and Tandberg TR200 too. I think the AL200 wins here again. There are details which I hear on AL200.
I have to say there is a quiet pop when changing inputs, but this is nothing you need to worry about. The playback is flawless.
For this money I can say go for it and you wont be dissapointed. This is the best amp+dac combo right now.
PS: Sorry for my English :)
Thanks for the input, I want o buy this or the loxjie A40, but there is not much reviews on that A40. Is only for desktop.

vrobec

My SMSL AL200 stopped working today. We are listening web radio when it became quiet. I tried all the inputs and unfortunately no sound. I bought this unit on 12th november 2023.

Top Bottom