• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A40 all in one amp 2024

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Because it's a first use. Electrolytic capacitors need to form.
... a process that takes seconds or minutes at best. And I bet the devices were tested before they left the factory. So, unless it was in stock for multiple months, all the forming was already done at the factory.

munin

... a process that takes seconds or minutes at best. And I bet the devices were tested before they left the factory. So, unless it was in stock for multiple months, all the forming was already done at the factory.
And the capacitors where also probably tested before beeing sold...

dpuopolo

The vast majority of infant mortality failures are due to electrolytic capacitors. Some don't completely fail but change value, etc. In the analog world we would put a Variac on gear and slowly bring its voltage up for 1/2 hour to form their capacitors. You can't do that with digital, yet the caps still need to form.

munin

In the analog world we would put a Variac on gear and slowly bring its voltage up for 1/2 hour to form their capacitors. You can't do that with digital, yet the caps still need to form.
No there is no need for that. Or I completely missed something during my years at school learning electronics, numeric and analog.

dpuopolo

No there is no need for that. Or I completely missed something during my years at school learning electronics, numeric and analog.
Probably. The fact that this isn't done anymore doesn't mean that caps don't benefit from it, does it?

munin

Probably. The fact that this isn't done anymore doesn't mean that caps don't benefit from it, does it?
You are right, but As you pretend that is has some benefits on the working of an amp and that you can hear when a cap is formed or not: do you have any scientific publication to share on the subject? Some measurement of before and after forming the caps please?

Tweeter2016

Does A40 provide this functionality:
- reads and plays audio files from USB keys/ USB memory
- works good from PC - USB connection
- have mobile app to operate/ mabage A40

?

Thanks.

treehugga

The Sabaj sounded to me like older generation class D - drier and leaner, but it did have a more holographic soundstage than the Loxjie.

rolfrander

Forum Donor
Does A40 provide this functionality:
- reads and plays audio files from USB keys/ USB memory
no
- works good from PC - USB connection
yes (depending on what you mean by "good". I don't have experience with this, but I own the D40 pro which I have connected to a Raspberry-PI, this works flawlessly)
- have mobile app to operate/ mabage A40
no (there is no network connection)

you can read more detailed specifications here: http://www.loxjie-audio.com/productshow.asp?id=161

munin

but it did have a more holographic soundstage than the Loxjie
How this can change because of the amplifier? Isn't it depending of the speaker, where and how there are place in the room from the listener?

Top Bottom