• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Info. on new Matrix Audio mini-i

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah- the element i is a nicer looking bit of kit for the money they ask. Not sure why 2 similar functioning items at same price

somy

@MatrixAudio the product looks interesting and I have a few questions:
1) Is it only in colour black/dark grey? I like the silver mini-i pro 2s, will you also produce in silver (not sure why dark grey as it won't be a good fit to traditional hifi rack)?
2) Like what has been asked, can it fully decode/render MQA stream from Tidal?
3) What kind of CPU is it? It mentions single core so only 25% performance of Element M?
4) The spec says "MA Player Lite" instead of "MA Player" as Element M. What are the differences in the "lite" version?

Thanks in advance

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
@MatrixAudio the product looks interesting and I have a few questions:

1) Is it only in colour black/dark grey? I like the silver mini-i pro 2s, will you also produce in silver (not sure why dark grey as it won't be a good fit to traditional hifi rack)?
No, only black/dark grey.
2) Like what has been asked, can it fully decode/render MQA stream from Tidal?
Mini-i Pro 3, Yes.
3) What kind of CPU is it? It mentions single core so only 25% performance of Element M?
As we listed in the specs, it uses NXP iMX6 sigle core CPU for the new mini-i series, and the CPU of element M is iMX6 quad-core.
4) The spec says "MA Player Lite" instead of "MA Player" as Element M. What are the differences in the "lite" version?
The MA player Lite cannot manage music in local storage devices, including USB storage, NAS, SD cards. So the mini-i 3 is no need a companion app.

somy

The MA player Lite cannot manage music in local storage devices, including USB storage, NAS, SD cards. So the mini-i 3 is no need a companion app.
Thank you for your reply! If there is no companion app how to control playback for Tidal?

Grandzoltar

Forum Donor
If you want your bit perfect music from tidal, you should be using roon with the matrix audio device.

somy

If you want your bit perfect music from tidal, you should be using roon with the matrix audio device.
Ok that’s different from Element which supports direct stream from tidal. Roon is too expensive for my need ;-)

Qba_76

Hi,
@MatrixAudio I already pre-ordered the Pro version, but now I'm a bit confused about the MQA decoding...
I would like to connect the LAN cable and get full MQA decoding from Tidal Masters - without using a USB port or Roon.
And your answer below confirms this functionality:

Hi @MatrixAudio

Somehow still don't know the answer to my question, which is: Can Mini-i Pro fully render/decode MQA via ETHERNET and NOT using Roon?

Yes.

But the information below confuses me. So I can get a full MQA decoding, but it won't be bit perfect without Roon? What is the difference between full MQA and full MQA bit perfect?

Correct.

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
Hi,
@MatrixAudio I already pre-ordered the Pro version, but now I'm a bit confused about the MQA decoding...
I would like to connect the LAN cable and get full MQA decoding from Tidal Masters - without using a USB port or Roon.
And your answer below confirms this functionality:

But the information below confuses me. So I can get a full MQA decoding, but it won't be bit perfect without Roon? What is the difference between full MQA and full MQA bit perfect?
Sorry I'm afraid I did not noticed "NOT using Roon".
MQA full decoder only works under USB connection or via Roon.

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Although it is being advertised as Roon Ready, it doesn’t appear on Roon‘s website as being certified. Given they shut down all non-certified devices yesterday, does anyone know what the situation is?

Top Bottom