• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Matrix Audio mini-i 4 and mini-i Pro 4 Streamers.

modified

Android is good because it allows native streaming apps which (in measurements) allow bit perfect streaming to an external DAC and also great when using the internal DAC as the number of layers is minimized.

Not all SMPS are worse than LPS anyway. Just because it doesn't show up in a measurement doesn't mean the difference cannot be heard. I know I know this is ASR.
Any comparisons Tidal Connect vs. native streaming? Volumio does native on Linux. I would prefer Linux to Android.

Last edited:

GRMZR

If you're streaming music from Spotify, while having the Mini-i Pro 4 connected to a windows pc via USB, will it allow you to see what's being played on the screen?

auronthas

Compare to Mini 3 series, now they include non-Roon subscribers' dream ... playing local files DLNA, USB C via MA player apps...

But one thing still missing ... digital output

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I presume MA strategy is not to kill their higher range of streamers like Element , etc.
The only MA Streamer with digital out is the element S which is their Digital Transport as it has no DAC inside.

auronthas

The only MA Streamer with digital out is the element S which is their Digital Transport as it has no DAC inside.
Thanks for clarification.

Wonder why Matrix Audio not provide digital output? ~ a minimalist aka all-in-one streamer, DAC, pre-amp, headphone amp?

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Thanks for clarification.

Wonder why Matrix Audio not provide digital output? ~ a minimalist aka all-in-one streamer, DAC, pre-amp, headphone amp?
No need when you get a device like MA devices which are fully transparent and with SINAD way over -115dB.

auronthas

No need when you get a device like MA devices which are fully transparent and with SINAD way over -115dB.
Worth to replace my current CXN V2 to my 2-channel audio system? plus point Mi4 Pro with headphone amp.

Don't get me wrong, I have great interest on this streamer esp. the Pro version with headphone amp. Are you a dealer? Your reply sound harsh

Last edited:

radix

Major Contributor
Does the matrix audio do multiroom (apart from Roon)?

I've been sticking with Volumio subscription mostly for that feature. I use Roon, but not always and I like to have the multiroom feature independent of source.

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Does the matrix audio do multiroom (apart from Roon)?

I've been sticking with Volumio subscription mostly for that feature. I use Roon, but not always and I like to have the multiroom feature independent of source.
No, they don't. Multi room in MA devices is done only by Roon. MA Remote app does not support multi room.

zeropoint

It transpires that the aesthetically appealing scalloped sides are an undeclared integral part of a one-piece(?) plastic base, which I find off-putting, especially at the asking price. Is it the same for the Pro? Might partially explain the light weight.

capdec

I bought one out of curiousity, its absolutely gorgeous including the screen resolution, sounds as good or better than my oppo bdp-105. Keeping my Oppo in the long run, selling the matrix if anyone has any interest!

Drejfus

Guys, can someone test it if you can use both RCA and XLR in the same time?
I would love to connect XLR to AMP and RCA to SUB with DSP..

totti1965

I bought one out of curiousity, its absolutely gorgeous including the screen resolution, sounds as good or better than my oppo bdp-105. Keeping my Oppo in the long run, selling the matrix if anyone has any interest!
Can you send yours to amir for a week or so for testing? Would be so great! I guess, the forum members would give you the new price + 10 %, if it would be the same item!
Unfortunately I live in germany, so the transfer to the US and back would be complicated.

Top Bottom