• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer is not being detected by other devices on my network

OP
P
Okay, so another hiccup. This thing is spiraling. I had the mini i-4 connected to an ethernet port upstairs, not directly into the router. That port spontaneously stopped working, which seems extremely unlikely to be unrelated. I moved the mini downstairs and connected it directly to the router, but now the mini is saying its not connected to the network. I tried another factory reset, power cycle, etc. and it still isn't connecting to the network.

I can't change the audio output on the Mac because it doesn't detect the mini at all. I guess I didn't try the iphone one; the first time I read it, I didn't see the 'Camera Adapter' and just connected the iphone directly via lightning to usb-c. I could run out and get a camera adapter now, but i don't think that would solve the issue of the mini not being detected by network device.

No, static IP means fixed IP of your streamer assigned by your home modem/Router like 192.168.0.?? in your case, not by provider.
Ah, okay. Yea the router assigned it a static IP

Routers usually only show Tx/Rx rates for wireless clients. This is because the rate changes for wireless clients depending on where they are and how good their signal is. This doesn't apply to wired clients because the Tx/Rx will be same for all of them (unless you have some kind of cable fault).

Also, you don't really need to blank out your internal IP addresses. These are private addresses and they are not routable across the internet. Most people will have the same range of IPs as you :) (the external IP address of your router is another matter, that's also the one your internet provider will likely charge you to fix)

Have you checked for a wireless client isolation setting on your router? It can cause this type of issue e.g. for Denon Heos ... https://support.denon.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3746/~/wireless,-ap-or-client-isolation
Oops! I appreciate the clarification. I wasn't sure so I figured I'd just cross them out.

I checked and the AP Isolation has not been enabled.

GaryY

Forum Donor
Okay, so another hiccup. This thing is spiraling. I had the mini i-4 connected to an ethernet port upstairs, not directly into the router. That port spontaneously stopped working, which seems extremely unlikely to be unrelated. I moved the mini downstairs and connected it directly to the router, but now the mini is saying its not connected to the network. I tried another factory reset, power cycle, etc. and it still isn't connecting to the network.
Where is ethernet port upstairs connected to? If the wire to ethernet port upstairs is defective, there is no reason it's not working connected to router. One of my experience is home network is not well arranged and some switch/router were using wrong address, in your case not 192.168.0.?? but for example 192.168.1.??. You may need to check your home network at first...but not sure...

OP
P
Where is ethernet port upstairs connected to? If the wire to ethernet port upstairs is defective, there is no reason it's not working connected to router. One of my experience is home netwokr is not well arranged and some switch/router were using wrong address, in your case not 192.168.0.?? but for example 192.168.1.??. You may need to check your home network at first...but not sure...
The provider is coming tomorrow to inspect the port upstairs. But it has always worked for my Macbook, where its been used for my home office. It stopped working just a couple hours ago, and now nothing can connect to that port. But yea, I agree that if the upstairs port was the issue, it would be working now directly to the router.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't forget the tutorial it shows pressing some touchscreen on the Matrix and iPhone back and forth to get it going.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
It does all sound spooky. It's quite tricky for a device to damage an Ethernet port.

Unfortunately unless you can log what is happening in the router or capture packets, it will feel like trying to assemble a carburettor, underwater with the lights out! There are all these conversations happening on your network, and they probably hold the clue to resolving this.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That port spontaneously stopped working, which seems extremely unlikely to be unrelated. I moved the mini downstairs and connected it directly to the router, but now the mini is saying its not connected to the network.

Did you use the same patch cable to connect the mini-i 4 upstairs and downstairs? Does the Ethernet port on the mini-i light up? If so, is it amber or green?

OP
P
I really appreciate everyone's help. Matrix Audio is closed for the week celebrating the Chinese new year. Hopefully they'll have some suggestions next week.

Top Bottom