• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What electronic audio products you want tested most

What electronics audio product you like to see tested more

• Power and Integrated Amplifiers

Votes: 633 55.1%
  • Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 182 15.9%
  • Home Theater AVRs

Votes: 307 26.7%
  • Home Theater Processors

Votes: 199 17.3%
  • DACs

Votes: 350 30.5%
  • Streamers

Votes: 262 22.8%
  • Combo DAC and Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 237 20.6%
  • Phono preamp

Votes: 106 9.2%
  • DSP (digital signal processors)

Votes: 379 33.0%
  • Vintage audio products

Votes: 270 23.5%

• Total voters

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Its time for cheap Chinese class TD amps!!

If the amps end up being half decent they might be potential for cheap subwoofer amplifiers.

D

Deleted member 54137

I voted dsp as I think that's where the biggest potential benefits lie; especially for those of us with modest sized rooms.

BKr0n

Can we do like a hall of fame thing maybe? Like stuff old or new that really stand out. Ex: ESS AMTs have been around since the 70s for a reason. Would also love to know how they measure up compared to just the everyday.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can we do like a hall of fame thing maybe? Like stuff old or new that really stand out. Ex: ESS AMTs have been around since the 70s for a reason. Would also love to know how they measure up compared to just the everyday.
Sounds like a project for a young energetic gentleman such as yourself. Tell me if you need hosting. :D

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm now interested in powered monitors with waveguided tweeters, like Kali Audio or PreSonus etc, as contrast to the Behringer B2031A. I'm particularly interested, since some of these don't have very much power, in how loud they can really play.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Fosi Audio ZA3 loudspeaker amplifier with differential (balanced) input. - if not already in the queue to be measured

coupon code '20FAZA3US' currently yields a 20 percent discount at checkout

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Voxx International and Sharp took control of the Audio/Video business of Onkyo in September 2021. Onkyo released their entry-level TX-SR3100 AV receiver in November 2023. I have no idea how much 'lead time' was needed to bring the Onkyo TX-SR3100 to market. I am curious whether the Onkyo TX-SR3100 uses a circuit to reduce power output similar to the effect measured when Amir tested the Pioneer VSX-LX 505 AV receiver. I'd like to see the Onkyo TX-SR3100 AV receiver measured.

Golf

Would just love to see the Denon PMA-1700NE testet!

Its predecessor, the PMA-1600NE, is since 1.5 years with me now, and I can hardly complain about anything. Except maybe the volume knob sensitivity via remote control.

The latter may have been addressed with some new way of volume handling.

Besides, the sales price seems to be as low now as 1,350 € :)

PMA-Box-Web.jpg

spigot

I think it was the Topping D30 review way back in 2017 that initially brought a lot of attention to this site, would be quite nice to see it tested using the latest suite of measurements, if it's still around.

Barrelhouse Solly

My interest is not so much in types of gear as the limits of human hearing. I'd like to see products rated for performance relative to the threshold of audibility. A composite price/performance rating might be fun.

Mikig

If possible, some preamplifiers, and perhaps some comparisons between active and "passive" (attenuators). I would like to see some measurements of the "passives" just to understand in a more scientific way how they behave. Thank you

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If possible, some preamplifiers, and perhaps some comparisons between active and "passive" (attenuators). I would like to see some measurements of the "passives" just to understand in a more scientific way how they behave. Thank you
take a look at the Schiit Freya S

Ghostofmerlin

Forum Donor
I would like to see you test a Sonos Port. WhatHiFi eviscerates it, but, as usual, provides no real data on the unit.

Very objective review

I have one and think it seems fine. I don't really have anything to blind test it against, so would like to see some numbers on what it can do.

Hart

I think there are a lot of great DACS and headphone amplifiers, ASR has seen to that. I think we need to see better AVR's, pre-amps and amps. I really like to see coveted products from around 1980 - 2010 are reviewed. Especially ones that audio magazines said were great at the time. I find that interesting. More Krell, Levinson, Proceed, Adcom, Arcam, Aragon, Acurus, Bryston....

Last edited:

nagster

This post may be helpful. Comparison of digital volume control, Behringer Monitor1 (passive) and several preamps (active).

Last edited:

HD800Fan

Want Topping DX9!

Pasnin

Would like to see PSB Passif 50 measured. Can not find measurements online for these. Would be interesting to see a spinorama, as Paul Barton (designer PSB) states the importance of measurements in speaker-design.

HD800Fan

We need more dongles reviewed. The best ones, the Hidizs, are all discontinued.

Top Bottom