• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What electronic audio products you want tested most

What electronics audio product you like to see tested more

• Power and Integrated Amplifiers

Votes: 633 55.2%
  • Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 181 15.8%
  • Home Theater AVRs

Votes: 307 26.8%
  • Home Theater Processors

Votes: 199 17.3%
  • DACs

Votes: 349 30.4%
  • Streamers

Votes: 262 22.8%
  • Combo DAC and Headphone Amplifiers

Votes: 236 20.6%
  • Phono preamp

Votes: 106 9.2%
  • DSP (digital signal processors)

Votes: 379 33.0%
  • Vintage audio products

Votes: 269 23.5%

• Total voters

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
D726E1B1-AAA2-4262-A99A-A68F4F6139AD.jpeg

@amirm can you buy this? I can also send you one if you can do it within the return window. It has a line in now and they are using compression drivers!

It looks like a dome driver, there is a compression chamber, and then the horn for the side oblique firing driver. The top driver just looks like a waveguide. So it looks like a weird hybrid between a dynamic driver with a waveguide versus one that has a compression chamber too.

Last edited:

Old Grey Punk

This (relatively) low cost phono stage seems interesting, employing some what appear to be clever approaches to phono stage design, especially at this price point:

Bleib

Major Contributor
Topping MX3s, a new all in one compact device

teashea

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Neumann KH120 II monitors.

JktHifi

I need a dedicated streamer right now. Currently considering Apple Mac Mini M2 with built-in DAC 96 Khz only. It’s $499 right now.

Last edited:

BoredErica

Any way to test DC Offset blockers? My sub was making kindda loud noises at night and it's 98% gone with one I got off Amazon. I heard some are more effective than others. Maybe some graph to show difference electrically before and after.

Bleib

Major Contributor
SMSL M300SE DAC seems to be new balanced DAC king when it comes to value?

Petevid

A gentle reminder that a test of the very reasonably priced Behringer PP400 phono pre-amp would be most welcome. I read in another thread that apparently you do own one?

Thanks

ohnonotagain

Gruesome

Forum Donor
I know many (most?) here would consider it a waste of time and effort, but I am interested in knowing the noise and distortion levels of a simple tube amp like the Elekit TU-8200R. Maybe somebody in the Seattle area would have one for Amir to test?

MacClintock

Any device, dongle, soundcard, software, whatever that has to do with spatial audio (7.1, Atmos, Binaural, 3d, virtualization,...), especially for headpones/IEMs

MacClintock

The Sanders Model 10e electrostatic speakers in conjunction with the Magtech Amplifier and the Loudspeaker Management System including digital crossover with a Room Correction System, Digital Signal Processor, and Real Time Analyzer: http://sanderssoundsystems.com/price-list

Waxx

Major Contributor
I would love to see more speakers tested, and less the next dac from topping and smsl (they are all good enough, we know). Testing some of the mainstream brand speakers (Dali, Monitor Audio, ATC, Graham, Kiplisch, B&W, Totem, Devore, PMC, Moon, Kef, ...) would be very good.

Gruesome

Forum Donor
I know many (most?) here would consider it a waste of time and effort, but I am interested in knowing the noise and distortion levels of a simple tube amp like the Elekit TU-8200R. Maybe somebody in the Seattle area would have one for Amir to test?
And the Topping MX3s, please. The predecessor tested not so good, but this class of integrated amplifier fits the needs of many people with more modestly sized listening rooms, I believe.

Regarding Elekit tube amplifiers, and other tube amps: The distributor for North America, Victor Kung, is right across the border in Vancouver. Maybe he could drop something off with Amir?
Publishing test results for this kind of equipment would give those people that have their heart set on a tube amp the chance to at least buy a competent one, albeit not 21st century state-of-the-art.

Top Bottom