• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My account is hacked

gvl

Major Contributor
Can we get some context how this happened? ASR just seems like an odd target. It blows my mind to think someone would break in here to list some rather obscure items in hope for a quick sale before being detected. This person is either an idiot or there’s a story behind it, well, or both :)

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have been scammed on Audiogon. I think it’s because audio gear is high priced and sadly, even though most of us are “happy” with gear, we look at reviews here to find the next best thing and probably frequent classifieds for good deals…. ASR is a popular website for sure.

It would be interesting to see where the IP address (@sarumbear-temp) geolocates to. Ipvoid.com has an IP Blacklist Check and you can see if it’s a VPN or somewhere else.

I did just buy some 708p’s from a fellow member here and both of us recognizing each other’s user account went a long way in adding trust. The PayPal address may very well be an account that is unrelated to the actual seller but a quick conversation with the seller confirmed the identity. I don’t think scammers can actually talk the talk, but you never know. The 708p arrived safely in perfect condition for what it is worth. :).

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m back as the person you got to know. I will ask the temporary account to be deleted. Just to confirm, I do not have anything on sale.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hope you've got two factor authentication turned on now!
I didn’t know that it was a possibility. Thank you. I set it up now.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

punosion

Forum Donor
74362v.jpg

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So the $1500 in Apple cards I sent to your address in Bangalore for the pair of Wilson WAMMs was a scammer? Damn. ;)
As you are a Grand Contributor I offered you a discount ;)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I do wonder how this happened using 1password. You might want to tell them. Maybe they've been hacked and don't know yet.

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m back as the person you got to know. I will ask the temporary account to be deleted. Just to confirm, I do not have anything on sale.
I don't know... Prove that it's you by anwering 3 questions...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom