• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Worlds Best Cables are always sold out.

Pancreas

Why even have a business? I want to buy 2 cables on Amazon and it says it only has one cable available.

Like what the heck. It's just a regular 6 feet cable and it won't let add more than 1. There is nowhere else to buy them.

I wonder if I buy one and purchase, it will sell out, or if it will let me buy another one separately

I tried it with other products and won't let you add more than one

People recommend this brand everywhere yet you can't even buy their stuff. Always sold out, they only sell on Amazon like a typical Chinese brand, is it even a company? their website is trash, they have NO contact info on their site, their linked Facebook is like a ghost account with no likes, no activity

Yet people say there is no difference between these "world's best" and actual Mogami cables. When it comes to sound, there is no difference between Mogami and Guitar Center cables either, but how do we know they are using the parts advertised?

At least with Mogami, you can actually buy them

How do you even know is a legit cable with the parts they claim anyway? How do we know their Neutrik and Mogami wires are not a copy? You can't unless you open up the cable, even then copies are really good and there are tons of scammers in the audiophile cable world

The fact that you can't buy more than one of their cables tells you everything you need to know, is a scam, cables that have fake parts and people are falling for it

if they were a legit company, they'd have plenty of inventory available

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, ok. I'm sure Amazon has some perfectly good alternatives.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why even have a business? I want to buy 2 cables on Amazon and it says it only has one cable available.

Like what the heck. It's just a regular 6 feet cable and it won't let add more than 1. There is nowhere else to buy them.

I wonder if I buy one and purchase, it will sell out, or if it will let me buy another one separately

I tried it with other products and won't let you add more than one

People recommend this brand everywhere yet you can't even buy their stuff. Always sold out, they only sell on Amazon like a typical Chinese brand, is it even a company? their website is trash, they have NO contact info on their site, their linked Facebook is like a ghost account with no likes, no activity

Yet people say there is no difference between these "world's best" and actual Mogami cables.

At least with Mogami, you can actually buy them

How do you even know is a legit cable with the parts they claim anyway? How do we know their Neutrik and Mogami wires are not a copy?
With the way this purchase attempt from this particular supplier is clearly making you feel - you should probably take it as the universe sending you a strong message.

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

This particular cable which is a very common one, is nothing out of the ordinary, it has been out of stock for months which is ridiculous. It's in stock now, but apparently, the manufacturer only has one. I tried with other World's best cables and it always tells you that it only has one.

Amazon is the only place they sell cables. They have no contact info on their website.

Where is the proof the parts they use are legit and not fake?

If they are so recommended and apparently an affordable alternative with the same components as Mogami, why is their inventory always out of stock?

boxerfan88

A few months ago I bought some WBC Mogami XLR, all good. Recently I wanted to buy more, no more stock.

Looks like they are a very small biz and don’t really replenish stock quickly.

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

A few months ago I bought some WBC Mogami XLR, all good. Recently I wanted to buy more, no more stock.

Looks like they are a very small biz and don’t really replenish stock quickly.

to the point where they only have one cable? I tried with other cables, almost always gives you the "seller only has one". How do we know the parts are not fake?

I could buy one then I'll have to wait who knows how long till I can buy the other one

and for what to save a few bucks over Mogami?

What is suspicious is that they have NO contact info, no phone number, and nothing except a Facebook page where they are inactive and don't respond.

middlemarch

Forum Donor
OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

With the way this purchase attempt from this particular supplier is clearly making you feel - you should probably take it as the universe sending you a strong message.

is telling me to buy Mogami and stop dealing with cheap crap

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried with other cables, almost always gives you the "seller only has one". How do we know the parts are not fake?
This can be a tactic that small sellers use to manage order volume. They may have more than one in stock, but only add 1 unit to Amazon inventory at a time to keep things under control. Possibly someone is on vacation, or something. Amazon severely penalizes you if you over-sell inventory (i.e. sell units you don't actually have) so it can also be a way for businesses with poor inventory control to avoid that situation. Again, maybe they actually have more... but obviously it's inefficient and annoying for the customer.

Grumpish

A logistics issue, maybe Amazon, maybe WBC - go to Amazon UK site and there is plenty of stock available.

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

This can be a tactic that small sellers use to manage order volume. They may have more than one in stock, but only add 1 unit to Amazon inventory at a time to keep things under control. Possibly someone is on vacation, or something. Amazon severely penalizes you if you over-sell inventory (i.e. sell units you don't actually have) so it can also be a way for businesses with poor inventory control to avoid that situation. Again, maybe they actually have more... but obviously it's inefficient and annoying for the customer.

so i should order them separetly? I'll try that and what if then tells me, out of stock lol

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

I tried with other cables from them and you can add more than 2

OP
Pancreas

Pancreas

Nevermind. I had to buy them separately, but now we will see if I get both cables or if one of my orders will be canceled.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The fact that you can't buy more than one of their cables tells you everything you need to know, is a scam, cables that have fake parts and people are falling for it

if they were a legit company, they'd have plenty of inventory available
Huh? Sometimes people quit, get sick, die, or the factory burns down etc.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Sometimes people quit, get sick, die, or the factory burns down etc.

Sometimes they are a small manufacturer in Sri Lanka...

World's Best Cables...

I'd give them a call!

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For what it's worth I bought several WBC interconnects a while back, zero issues.

Inventory weirdness is not a great sign, but IMO has nothing to do with a scam per se.

In fact, an ecommerce scam will tend to show higher inventory than they have, not lower. When I first started selling on eBay, I tried to list something like $200K of inventory (which I did have.) They limited it to $50K at first (IIRC, maybe it was $100K) to avoid the possibility of scams being big.

Scammers try to sell as much as they can before they get shut down, and run off with the money. A scammer would never sell one fake cable at a time, they'd try to sell 10,000. ;)

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i almost guarantee these small companies rely on an OEM... that is invariably chinese?

and so they may see a need for say 1,000 items but they can only engage the factory to run 1,000 and no more

and so if it runs out they will wait until there's enough demand and then they will run off 1,000 and then run down inventory

the above would not be an item in huge demand

SSS

World best cable is the one you solder by yourself. Buy a good cable, Neutrik connectors and go. This is how I do it almost always.

Top Bottom