• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My account is hacked

I created this account as a temporary means to let people know that my account 'sarumbear' is hacked. Someone changed the email address and password and locked me out of the account. I have tried to get in touch with the limited means available to let admins know but so far I have not received a reply.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow, that sucks. Maybe the mods can tell from the IP address of the perp what's going on.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I created this account as a temporary means to let people know that my account 'sarumbear' is hacked. Someone changed the email address and password and locked me out of the account. I have tried to get in touch with the limited means available to let admins know but so far I have not received a reply.
Your actual account has just (suspiciously) posted two items for sale - presumably trying to trade on your reputation here.

I'd suggest posting a warning on those threads that the person posting is not you.

@AdamG247, @BDWoody - can the account be frozen until sorted out.

You do need to worry about how they have obtained your logon credentials, and have they been able to access any other accounts of yours. I'd be changing passwords left right and centre right now.

EDIT - I've just posted a warning on those two threads.

Last edited:
OP
S
Your actual account has just (suspiciously) posted two items for sale - presumably trying to trade on your reputation here.

I'd suggest posting a warning on those threads that the person posting is not you.

You do need to worry about how they have obtained your logon credentials, and have they been able to access any other accounts of yours. I'd be changing passwords left right and centre right now.
Thank you for the quick response through this temp account. I was using an old password on ASR which is seen on the Internet. I had since changed all my passwords but stupidly omitted ASR.

When and how can I access to my normal account @sarumbear so that I can make the corrective posts or better still delete them?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

We will lock your accounts until you tell us it’s clear. Send an email to Amir when things have resolved.

AdamG

Forum Donor
Thank you for the quick response through this temp account. I was using an old password on ASR which is seen on the Internet. I had since changed all my passwords but stupidly omitted ASR.

When and how can I access to my normal account @sarumbear so that I can make the corrective posts or better still delete them?
Do you have control of your email? If yes we ask Amir to reset your password and then you can go from there. @amirm can you please reset @sarumbear account password.

Are all the 4 recent adverts for stuff for sale all bogus? If so I can delete them?

OP
S
We will lock your accounts until you tell us it’s clear. Send an email to Amir when things have resolved.
I checked and so far only ASR has been compromised. I use 1password and I checked the password I used on ASR was not used anywhere else.

This is the email I received from @amirm's email address, to which I replied. There is no other option to contact an admin on ASR, hence I created this temporary account to get in touch with an admin.

sarumbear,
Your email at Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum was recently changed to [deleted]. If you made this change, you may ignore this message.
If you did not request this change, please log in and change your password and email address. If you are unable to do this, please contact an administrator.
Your email was changed by the IP [deleted].

Last edited:
OP
S
Do you have control of your email? If yes we ask Amir to reset your password and then you can go from there. @amirm can you please reset @sarumbear account password.
My email is changed. The correct one is the one used on this temporary account, hence I can access it. I need this account to be deleted and @sarumbear account email to be changed to the email currently on this temporary account. If there is another way please let me know.

Are all the 4 recent adverts for stuff for sale all bogus? If so I can delete them?
I didn't post anything for sale.

AdamG

Forum Donor
I checked and so far only ASR has been compromised. I use 1password and I checked the password I used on ASR was not used anywhere else.

This is the email I received from @amirm's email address, to which I replied. There is no other option to contact an admin on ASR, hence I created this temporary account to get in touch with an admin.

sarumbear,
Your email at Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum was recently changed to [deleted]. If you made this change, you may ignore this message.
If you did not request this change, please log in and change your password and email address. If you are unable to do this, please contact an administrator.
Your email was changed by the IP 3[deleted].
OK, you’re account is locked. The 4 adverts have been locked and deleted. We now wait for Amir to show up and then he will help you recover your account. This happens from time to time and don’t worry you won’t lose everything.

Send your new email address to this email and explain who you are: [email protected]

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So when did this happen? I noticed the items for sale which seemed odd along with some comments that seemed out of character.

AdamG

Forum Donor
So when did this happen? I noticed the items for sale which seemed odd along with some comments that seemed out of character.
Based on when the false adverts were posted around 1849 hrs EST yesterday.

OP
S
OK, you’re account is locked. The 4 adverts have been locked and deleted. We now wait for Amir to show up and then he will help you recover your account. This happens from time to time and don’t worry you won’t lose everything.

Send your new email address to this email and explain who you are: [email protected]
The email change notification was sent from @amirm's email address. I replied to that email, hence @amirm will be able to understand, I hope..

OP
S
I received the email changed notice at Sunday 11 December 2022 22:53 (GMT) but only saw the email today.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well when you commandeer accounts you could also use that CHAT AI to keep posting comments to make it look good. ;)

AdamG

Forum Donor
Well when you commandeer accounts you could also use that CHAT AI to keep posting comments to make it look good. ;)
Phase II Sir, don’t get ahead of yourself….

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So, that stuff you're selling. Money-back guarantee? ;)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wondered why anyone would hack an ASR account. Now we know.

Top Bottom