• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Which part of the World do you live in ?

• Africa

Votes: 7 0.4%
  • Asia

Votes: 142 7.2%
  • Europe

Votes: 982 49.7%
  • North America

Votes: 727 36.8%
  • South America

Votes: 33 1.7%
  • Oceania

Votes: 85 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ASR World map-3-2.jpg
Hi Folks,

Back in November 2019, I started a thread/poll thread here, in which I was wondering where our fellow members were actually living. Initially, when ASR started back in 2016, most first registered members were either from USA, UK, Canada, or Australia (according to @amirm), with somehow the intention of being multinational from the start. I remember my first days visiting ASR, when I personally felt like I had landed mostly in NA territory. With the forum getting more and more popular over the years, this feeling went away, and I observed quite an amount of people coming from literally everywhere in the world.

@AdamG made a relevant suggestion about posting a new thread, the previous one being somewhat outdated, after four years... When I posted it, we had just reached the 7 000 members bar. By today, there are more than 52 000 ASR Members. To put things into perspective, I believe that we were only around 3k when I created my account here, so quite a few things could have changed since. I also remember the very first time when I saw the forum reaching 1k visitors online, while it is common to see 2.5k peaks, and this, just about any day of the week.
For the record, this is the (now final) result of the first poll :
Capture d’écran (1324).jpg

Surprisingly, the absolute majority (>50%) of members that voted during this period claimed to be from Europe. As Amir said quite a few times, tho, members and visitors are indeed two different things. If you are more interested in the latter, you could check the overall traffic publicly, on websites such as Similarweb :
Capture d’écran (1335).jpg

Side note: About overall visits, and according to SimilarWeb only : while the USA is still the most represented country, it would now generate only 15.90% of the total traffic over the last three months. Meaning, 84% is from... everywhere else.

After talking with @Rick Sykora about it, we decided to make a few changes regarding this updated poll :​
  • Only one vote is now possible. The question is about where are you located at the moment. It is always cool to know about our multiple origins (also, I know that some people tend to move quite often, for job or family matters), but numerous choices could give misleading results.
  • The votes are not displayed publicly.
  • This poll will end 14 days from now. So, be quick or be dead. :cool:
The choices are still about continents. There would have been way too many countries to list that could lead to extremely hard to read results. Yet, you are free to proudly (or not) talk about your place in the posts below ! ;)

...ASR Citizens, vote !

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I would very much like to be back in Europe, if someone can arrange that…
IMG_3438.jpeg

nick-v

edmonton-in-winter-min.jpg

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Alsager in South Cheshire, UK.

Pretty certain I can't find an iconic picture from my small town of 12K people. So I'll go a little wider into Cheshire.

I give you the Lovell Radio Telescope at Jodrell Bank. Built in the 50's (finished '57) it was the largest of its time at 76 metres in diameter.

Perhaps more importantly and more up to date, the site is now the headquarters of the Square Kilometer Array project.

P1000299.jpg

GDWL34

Hi Folks,

Back in November 2019, I started a thread/poll thread here, in which I was wondering where our fellow members were actually living. Initially, when ASR started back in 2016, most first registered members were either from USA, UK, Canada, or Australia (according to @amirm), with somehow the intention of being multinational from the start. I remember my first days visiting ASR, when I personally felt like I had landed mostly in NA territory. With the forum getting more and more popular over the years, this feeling went away, and I observed quite an amount of people coming from literally everywhere in the world.

@AdamG made a relevant suggestion about posting a new thread, the previous one being somewhat outdated, after four years... When I posted it, we had just reached the 7 000 members bar. By today, there are more than 52 000 ASR Members. To put things into perspective, I believe that we were only around 3k when I created my account here, so quite a few things could have changed since. I also remember the very first time when I saw the forum reaching 1k visitors online, while it is common to see 2.5k peaks, and this, just about any day of the week.
For the record, this is the (now final) result of the first poll :
View attachment 343518

Surprisingly, the absolute majority (>50%) of members that voted during this period claimed to be from Europe. As Amir said quite a few times, tho, members and visitors are indeed two different things. If you are more interested in the latter, you could check the overall traffic publicly, on websites such as Similarweb :
View attachment 343519
Side note: About overall visits, and according to SimilarWeb only : while the USA is still the most represented country, it would now generate only 15.90% of the total traffic over the last three months. Meaning, 84% is from... everywhere else.

After talking with @Rick Sykora about it, we decided to make a few changes regarding this updated poll :​
  • Only one vote is now possible. The question is about where are you located at the moment. It is always cool to know about our multiple origins (also, I know that some people tend to move quite often, for job or family matters), but numerous choices could give misleading results.
  • The votes are not displayed publicly.
  • This poll will end 14 days from now. So, be quick or be dead. :cool:
The choices are still about continents. There would have been way too many countries to list that could lead to extremely hard to read results. Yet, you are free to proudly (or not) talk about your place in the posts below ! ;)

...ASR Citizens, vote !
Place-de-la-comedie-de-nuit_format_1180x700-770x430.jpg

Montpellier,France

filo97s

Liguria (Italy)
seems we live very close, isn't that Ventimiglia?...
Sestri Levante, Liguria (Italy), photo is mine on a trail on the hills nearby. The opposite side of Liguria, but near nonetheless.
20200804_161808.jpg

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_1887.JPG

N. Michigan ice and trout paradise

IMG_2057.jpeg

A few months of the year in Les Baux-de-Provence, France

Last edited:
Top Bottom