• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ampli + dac + headphones ampli or All in One?

nietuzinkovy

Hi :).

The equipment I have:

• Magnat 1002 speakers (unfortunately)
  • ONKYO TX-SR494BDAB receiver (unfortunately)
  • HiFiMan HE-R9 headphones (a gift, so no complaints )
  • Sources: TV + Tidal/USB, PC
I heard very good opinions from a friend about the budget Taga Harmony HTA-25B amplifier and started thinking about modifying my first "home theater." Initially, I wanted to connect the Taga to the TV, but it doesn't have a built-in DAC. So, I started considering buying the Loxjie A30 (which received good reviews here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/loxjie-a30-amplifier-review.17547/) or possibly the Korg DSDAC100M, to connect it optically to the TV and the Taga to the Loxjie.

I also received the HE-R9 headphones as a gift and would like to buy the FiiO K7 for them (because I don't know if the Korg/Loxjie has a good headphone amplifier).

Now, the question is whether it's worth buying all these components separately or if I can get an all-in-one device with a built-in DAC, a good speaker amplifier, and a good headphone amplifier within a similar budget. If yes, what do you recommend? If not, are the components I selected in this budget a good choice, or do you have better suggestions? In the future, I will definitely be changing speakers, so it would be nice if this purchase took that into account.

Additionally, to avoid costs, I noticed that I have a PRE LINE OUT output in the ONKYO.
1500_TX_SR494_B_Rear.jpg

Does the connection TV--(HDMI ARC)-->ONKYO--(RCA)-->Taga->Magnat make sense? Will I notice a difference thanks to the Taga, or is it better to connect the TV to the DAC and then to the Taga?

I apologize for the newbie questions, but as you can see from the equipment, I'm just starting my adventure with audio :).

OP
N

nietuzinkovy

I will probably choose the Loxjie A40. The question is should i quit Taga Harmony in this setup or buy it and connect it to the Loxjie? Also, does the A40 have a sufficiently good headphone amplifier?

Last edited:
Top Bottom