• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

heart condition

Andysu

Major Contributor
415764848_1766128087162164_8153054475058178119_n.jpg

few years ago had i had mini heart attack , no smoking or drinking , diet can slowly be cause and caught up ,
i had stent fitted 2015 and was feeling well okay , a thank you to the NHS paramedics , medical doctors at royal bournemouth hospital

i didn't expect to find myself back 9 years later , seems like a few seconds , at same cardiac ward with fast heart rate with medication has slowed one of lower heart chambers down but i feel sluggish when walking , half my body strength gone from 100% to 50% some days maybe at 70% but nowhere near to +90% all that within month between late dec 2023 to jan 2024 when paramedics checked myself with 12 trace , the readings was not within normal , they said , we can't leave you hear , got come down to the hospital , where i was for just 8 days

hectic i was in two days before being moved from ground floor to first floor cardiac ward and my cats was worrying me as not had proper meal only auto biscuit feeder and water fountain
nurse was kind enough to order me taxi courtesy of hospital , for each day coming back feed my cats and then go back , walking up stairs not easy , way more than winded i was , and by time i got back to taxi i felt so far from fatigued

waiting in the room or walking wandering around the ward waiting for , like any patient for updates ?
often i take walk around the hospital corridors on first and ground floor one on west wing was 1/4 mile long and i do that twice and the east wing that was shorter ground and first to burn off body fat as i knew weight and something else was a curse to the condition , i did okay walking a bit slow but since been at home now for few weeks my walking has become a bit more slower and leg mussels ache and have to take short pauses between walking , sure like to get better as like go out with my cats on the bike around spring , if i think my heart rate or graph signal looks okay on my own personal EGG and that doctors say its okay

walking the hospital corridors
i noticed everything acoustically and mapping it xyz 3d even temperature variations , would think there would be sharp long echo sound , its got a rather sort decay time

meantime , taking medication and relaxing with some occasional indoors exercise bike to burn off calories

while in A&E doses of medication increase / tummy issues over the years that eluded me , till nurse told me sounds like what i had , hernia , still not had check on that as often when that started in lower tummy spreads upwards then i have no pressure to stand and i have often had blackouts at least over 10 or more maybe less 100 and even feel totally unconscious incapacitated first was around i think 2017 few years after i had stent fitted , and when it happens i'm totally out for 3 to 4 seconds , even the hissy tinnitus inner ear noise fades away ,eyesight fades to blackness that is scary

weight was 14.5 stone around dec and now since medication and walking or exercise bike weight is down to 12.8 stone in that short time i not been that weight for a while , goal is get weight below 12 stone, 168 ilbs , blotted tummy has faded , i can lean over tie my show laces now

i spoke to lot of in patients on the ward , even chatted to few met in the corridors as there's not much else do , than try to recover
some have situation bit worse than myself and i wish them good recovery and health , some i chatted with more often as oddly had similar common interests , i even cuddled one who was upset , and a stranger cuddle can give some peace

waiting for updates and additional medical tests , more 12 trace and x ray and ultra scan of heart ,

coughing showed with x ray lungs had filled with fluid due to lower heart chamber too fast , that has since cleared and i only got 3 hrs sleep each night out of 5 weeks , i couldn't lay down , diagonally or horizontally without feeling sense of suffocation and sitting upright or rolling around the bed or floor ,

left leg swollen puffy and i didn't even notice it till medical doctor asked if see my leg , that has since cured

i missed my cats and two of them was fighting Bear being alpha male and Magic the senior that likes to relax , often come back to feed them and kitchen was turned upside down , even managed to open cupboard and eat 3 days of cat food , empty packets all over the floor

Magic was so confused and meowed a lot he seemed to miss me the most , Bear was clam

even while in A&E as that is first level before moved to ward next to A&E and then another ward on ground floor before being moved to cardiac ward 1st floor

between going home feed my cats i brought my own personal ECG with me so i can monitor pulse rate , and graph signature is not a steady like triangle up and down per , second per second , its bit erratic with odd frequency pluses in between as our bodies generate electrical signals , resistance so on

lots of drink orange or apple juice , sugars i need not reminding , tap water well okay but prefer destill water purified with 003 TDS reading

well i just have to relax , don't often go in the THX cinema most days not up to it and stay in bed , waiting patiently for next updates for recent ultra scan to see what the story is ? i doubt i be fit for spring on the bike with one my cats , pity really , no actually if not fit it be unwise to put strain , but heart is a mussel and needs exercise to get stronger ,
indoors bike only managed 34mins 31mins with 100 to 110.1 calories , speed 16mph , usually i could do 30mph with over 1 hour , if i can only manage 34 mins or less i won't get far before aborting and turning back , only have few hills and to get down to the beach long 7 miles , i'll play it by ear and see how it is around spring

thanks and stay healthy

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Andysu,
My best wishes.
I will be thinking good thoughts on your and your cat's behalf.
Peace, MAB
thank you , i said what said in post , again i have to play it by ear till spring , thanks

Reactions: MAB

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry to hear it. No doubt your doctor has told you to limit sodium, restrict fluids, take all your meds, and exercise. I would ask my doc if I was a candidate for cardiac rehab. Also, daily meditation, stuff like 20 minute body scans and the like will help with relaxing. Try to get as much sleep as possible as it will help your body heal. And needless to say getting and keeping the weight off is critical.

Best of luck, recovery is possible, hope your feel better.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
above thank you

Reactions: MAB

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Not forgetting about the cats, even in a situation like that – that’s the real type :cool:

All the best!
i wanted to get home while in A&E but was advised it be not good idea , now they often sleep on the bed beside me , can't really leave house cats by themselves over 24 hrs , if outdoor they would have wandered into someone else home for a meal

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was in the hospital bedridden with very painful bruised kidneys for a little over a month. I was not allowed pain killers. It was so painful that I wished I never had to breath. From that I think that I understand the loneliness, boredom, lack of the comforts of home and the insecurity, worry and doubt that comes with a nagging health issue. It's important that you keep thinking positive thoughts so that you don't develop bad habits with negative self talk and get very depressed. I keep looking forward to things that I can do later, things that are upcoming and self talk of saying to myself that I can do this, that I am strong enough to get through this and that this is not the first time I have had serious health complications and I got through the others and I will get through this one too. If you can keep your head up, be positive, treat yourself to the things that you enjoy and find something to keep your mind alert and occupied it makes the nagging issues less irritating and worrisome. I don't have cats or a pet but I sure wish sometimes that I do because they are so good for mental health, relaxation and alleviating loneliness and nagging worry. The weight issue has become a thing that I have as well because I find myself eating for comfort and sometimes just for something to do. If you can find snacks and meal planning that leans out your dietary intake you can eat well and perhaps maybe even fit in a couple of small extra snacks if they are lean and healthy enough and slowly but surely get your weight down so that your energy level and subsequent physical output level increases so that you can enjoy a bike ride with your cat buddies and go to the beach and into town. You have experience in life with the things that you achieved, have overcome obstacles in your life and done some amazing things and if you can perhaps reflect on those and use that confidence and strength to be strong to carry on through this then you can get through this like the other stuff that you got through and persevere for long enough till you get back out in the fresh air, ride your bike to town and raid a salad bar. :D

Svet Angelov

The heart heals quicker when it has someone to heal for, which yours does (I've seen more pics of your cats than any other on the internet, and that's saying something) . I wish you a speedy recovery!!

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Try drinking tomato juice (potassium, lycopen) instead of apple or orange one and no more pizza. Eat easy to digest protein rich food (fish [omega 3], goat and not pork or beef) and your energy levels will go up. Don't worry it's very tasty when prepared good. I sincerely hope you will get better and wish you all the best. Hope cat's well be good too.

Frank2

Hang in there, and try to follow the advice of the doctors.

Hope your cats can give you some peace and comfort as well in these difficult times, and that you recover soon.

Don't hesitate to call your doctor if you need help or advice.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I was in the hospital bedridden with very painful bruised kidneys for a little over a month. I was not allowed pain killers. It was so painful that I wished I never had to breath. From that I think that I understand the loneliness, boredom, lack of the comforts of home and the insecurity, worry and doubt that comes with a nagging health issue. It's important that you keep thinking positive thoughts so that you don't develop bad habits with negative self talk and get very depressed. I keep looking forward to things that I can do later, things that are upcoming and self talk of saying to myself that I can do this, that I am strong enough to get through this and that this is not the first time I have had serious health complications and I got through the others and I will get through this one too. If you can keep your head up, be positive, treat yourself to the things that you enjoy and find something to keep your mind alert and occupied it makes the nagging issues less irritating and worrisome. I don't have cats or a pet but I sure wish sometimes that I do because they are so good for mental health, relaxation and alleviating loneliness and nagging worry. The weight issue has become a thing that I have as well because I find myself eating for comfort and sometimes just for something to do. If you can find snacks and meal planning that leans out your dietary intake you can eat well and perhaps maybe even fit in a couple of small extra snacks if they are lean and healthy enough and slowly but surely get your weight down so that your energy level and subsequent physical output level increases so that you can enjoy a bike ride with your cat buddies and go to the beach and into town. You have experience in life with the things that you achieved, have overcome obstacles in your life and done some amazing things and if you can perhaps reflect on those and use that confidence and strength to be strong to carry on through this then you can get through this like the other stuff that you got through and persevere for long enough till you get back out in the fresh air, ride your bike to town and raid a salad bar. :D
i can image that being for you as excruciating pain ,
when coughing all the mussels around front tightened and it felt very discomforting painful for at least 4 weeks until medication started to heal , wasn't aware my lungs was filling up with fluid

salad bar , just as long as it's not the blue oyster , mostly dancing lol
but sea food yes , fish and chips , peas slice of lemon , french bread with small butter and sparkly water

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Try drinking tomato juice (potassium, lycopen) instead of apple or orange one and no more pizza. Eat easy to digest protein rich food (fish [omega 3], goat and not pork or beef) and your energy levels will go up. Don't worry it's very tasty when prepared good. I sincerely hope you will get better and wish you all the best. Hope cat's well be good too.
tomatoe juice haven't had that for while and yes i seem to like it , i think i lay off on the pizzas , don't know what made me get i think 3 within a week , not good the vegetables are good but , i sooner have cod fish and broccoli , baked potato between with little butter spread and sweetcorn , i threw the mayonnaise away i was getting far too used it , even rid of diet pepsi and vit c tablets that i found out are loaded with salt ! got be kidding salt is not good for my blood pressure , and i even stopped adding extra salt to food , a little dap of salt if hot weather as our bodies need it for dehydration along with water

i not sure how i will cope around spring when the air gets warmer or heatwave ? humidity levels
i have to listen to my body when something i'm not sure certain about then i won't do it

i have some omega sardines

i'll order some tomatoe juice ,

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
The heart heals quicker when it has someone to heal for, which yours does (I've seen more pics of your cats than any other on the internet, and that's saying something) . I wish you a speedy recovery!!
i like to think so as medical doctors wouldn't have put me on the medication as i was thinking they were going to rush me in for op ,
thanks

DSJR

Major Contributor
I wish you all the very best. Closer to home than I can say but the pics of hospital corridors are all too familiar right now...

Top Bottom