• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

heart condition

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Best wishes for a quick and lasting recovery.
I spent a few weeks stalking up and down hospital hallways (stairs were the toughest challenge, but they insisted).
Modest weight loss and exercise have helped since, with about a 90% recovery?
Stick with it.
Keep the kitties in mind - maybe look for a 'cat walker' you can trust to visit and calm them down - I know some of them can get really stressed their pal is missing.
During my hospitalization, one of mine ended up being boarded at my vets; though they don't normally offer that, and one of the techs was gratious enough to come in on weekends to feed and play with him. (Vet techs around here are eager for side jobs, like grooming and vacation & hospital stay support in home.)
The cats will really appreciate it when you are back healthy and home again - keep up the exercise and get back to them soonest!
stay well , yourself and good on walking hospital corridors
i often popped into the chapel to share with , the supreme maker of the universe , told him how i was feeling and the mixed up troubles here on this , pale blue dot
relaxing at present in bed with one my cats laying beside me , Bear the ragdoll cat , Magic tux he's standing by kitchen for auto biscuit feeder , thanks

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Be careful of tomato juice and order a low sodium one!!! Typically it is LOADED with salt.

Get well soon!
umm , i had a feeling myself there maybe too much salt as it often does taste a bit salty and too much of salt won't do my blood pressure any favours , where before i seemed to manage it okay , but now less of it , thanks

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
My prayers are with you Andy. Remember your Cats need you so get better get healthy and get home. Easier said than done I know. But you have many friends here that would miss your THX rumination's. Portion control. Eat a little and tell yourself you will come back later and finish it. Start stretching the time frame and before you know it you have reduced your daily caloric intake. I love food. Who doesn’t. You’re not alone in this Andy. Stay positive and stay committed to getting better and loosing some weight.

Best wishes Andy. ;)

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Don’t worry. You can still eat pizza. Just make them yourself! Leave out the salt, add some fresh home made tomato saus, and some healthy toppings: veggies, fish, garlic and leave (most of) the cheese, add some herbs. You can also use alternative doughs if that’s healthier. And then don’t eat too much (or just make a small one). You can portion the dough and freeze it for the next time. And the best ging is: it’s way tastier than a supermarket deep freeze pizza.
i saw Jamie Oliver , chief make pizza quicker than takes to order one and all done in a frying pan , i was rather impressed with that and the cooked texture look of the pizza , a frying pan , usually ovens , a frying pan , all i need is basic ingredients for dough and some toppings , thanks , pizza delivery not bad , i try go little on cheese or type of pizza , i even threw the cheese away as i was making far too many cheese sandwiches , i don't miss it that is if its going to add extreme weight back on , thanks

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
My prayers are with you Andy. Remember your Cats need you so get better get healthy and get home. Easier said than done I know. But you have many friends here that would miss your THX rumination's. Portion control. Eat a little and tell yourself you will come back later and finish it. Start stretching the time frame and before you know it you have reduced your daily caloric intake. I love food. Who doesn’t. You’re not alone in this Andy. Stay positive and stay committed to getting better and loosing some weight.

Best wishes Andy. ;)
we have to eat for energy otherwise we wouldn't have strength to exercise which i going to do some now on the indoors bike , and listen to my body , i know my upper part oof legs are going to feel heavy weighted as if injured , they seem to have less muscle strength to 8 weeks ago , was it the condition i didn't foresee ? as i was walking slower middle december , i'm not sure if the medication could also be having likely side-effects as all medication would have ,

i check myself on my EGC pulse rate see where i am with graph reading
a little ache lower left side body , not sure i was laying on my hand or to do with the recent install ordered it early this morning , Philips Air Humidifier2000 arrived in few hrs that was fast ? as humidity is rather low indoors and it can bear effect on , " us ", i doubt it as only had it in bedroom for few hrs and moved it to cinema room , to see if humidity level can be increased with some moisture , last checked 54% , room over past few months has been as low , 35% and my hands feel very dry as leafs , but gradually climate is shifting upwards , i noticed daffodils and some tress starting to early blossom at least 8 to 9 weeks too early , thanks

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Take care Andy.

I did my surgery 7 months ago and have recovered fast and well (heart valve change, bypass, +infection).

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
i shall look into that , or would the sardines be enough ?
Fish in generally, avoid sardines in much vegetable oil. In natural oil, olive oil or low on oil is fine. More of omega oils and less fat saturated ones to help you lower cholesterol and purge clothing. D vitamin in oil form but just doing the cold weather, on hot weather absorption will be very low besides moderate exposure to the sun will do the trick. Not to get you down to the remedies you can eat some almonds as a snack instead of oil and supplements for vitamin D if you want of course.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
OK ... Vintage stuff, but still good for a little giggle:

they of course get workouts ,
managed only 10mins on exercise bike 32 cals , not a lot but upper legs was aching and that is to do with what happened around middle december ?
i see how i feel later on , but i have to be realistic about myself , i doubt i be on the bike this spring and that is disappointing :( takes 30 mins to cycle down to the beach and i'm barely managing that on the indoors bike at best okay 30 34min but totally exhausted so how i;m going to manage 7 to 9 hrs ?

cats can run at least faster than any human at 30mph , my best speed on the bike is 30 , at present now , 16mph on indoors bike , most some tour de france riders , way faster myself at 85mph , i must have misread that ? i don't care for that speed if break suddenly will go flying ! a downward hill last year , must have been going +40mph and it scared me

i need Dr physiotherapist with my medical history and so can work from that to see if i'm able or i should retire from cycling as if i had heart issue where going over the threshold limit as the medication is stabilising heart rate speed , it still fluctuates oxygen 98 over pulse rate 113 130 then starts to come down , i have to use caution , it really does , i'm going miss going out in the warm sunny air , with my cats , but i have to play it by ear each days and see if there is any good progress ? thanks

Last edited:

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
they of course get workouts ,
managed only 10mins on exercise bike 32 cals , not a lot but upper legs was aching and that is to do with what happened around middle december ?
i see how i feel later on , but i have to be realistic about myself , i doubt i be on the bike this spring and that is disappointing :( takes 30 mins to cycle down to the beach and i'm barely managing that on the indoors bike at best okay 30 34min but totally exhausted so how i;m going to manage 7 to 9 hrs ?

cats can run at least faster than any human at 30mph , my best speed on the bike is 30 , at present now , 16mph on indoors bike , most some tour de france riders , way faster myself at 85mph , i must have misread that ? i don't care for that speed if break suddenly will go flying ! a downward hill last year , must have been going +40mph and it scared me

i need Dr physiotherapist with my medical history and so can work from that to see if i'm able or i should retire from cycling as if i had heart issue where going over the threshold limit as the medication is stabilising heart rate speed , it still fluctuates oxygen 98 over pulse rate 113 130 then starts to come down , i have to use caution , it really does , i'm going miss going out in the warm sunny air , with my cats , but i have to play it by ear each days and see if there is any good progress ? thanks
Excercise is always good but don’t overdo it and listen to your body. The key to recover is to change several things and be determined about it. Excersice is one part, but type of food and daily routines are equally or more important. You should get that kind of advice from your doctors/physiotherapeuts.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Get well, Andy.

Your enthusiasm and no-Fs-given approach to this hobby have been an inspiration.
new ache , must have laid on right side wrong and typical muscle ache least i think , breathing inwards feels like , thanks , stay healthy

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So sorry to read about your situation Andy. I hope you recover soon and well. We don't appreciate our good health until we don't have it. Hug the cats and keep your spirits high!

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Get well.

007Shortz

It looks like my comment got embedded in the middle of those messages for some reason so I will repeat it here. Get some reasonably priced fish oil capsules and take them daily for your heart health. Also a good vitamin D supplement for your immune system unless you are able to get a lot of sun every day. I am 62 and don't feel any different than I did at 25.
Get healthy and take the time you need.

You can find some useful information about vitamin D in the following thread:

As Brian mentioned, omega3 is also important. And magnesium can't hurt either.

All the best,
Martin

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
So sorry to read about your situation Andy. I hope you recover soon and well. We don't appreciate our good health until we don't have it. Hug the cats and keep your spirits high!
thanks Amir ,
not been so good to day , took one type medication advised in letter from doctor to day , as likely i may have possibility blood clot , oh great its all i need :(
i felt dizzy and faint and came close to blackout collapse around afternoon while watching a movie ,
i think all to do with my walking which has since late decmeber become slow , stuttering , sharking , on and off on most days ,
since hospital i saw small improvement , while striving to exercise my right leg was okay and my left leg sort of being dragged , depressing

walking around indoors at home , slow , its to do with standing up and pressures that our bodies usually do and they all feel okay , have stable pressure to walk , well its discomforting upper legs feels aching and unstable , when walking , if i even attempted to run i could likely fall over and injury myself , i feel so furious with myself for this to have happened to me , ( i have the stent in 2015 yet new development happens , very disappointed with myself )

so that is to day , i lay off the exercise bike for day or two even thou i can only manage 10 mins 34 calories rather than 31 to 34 mins 106 to 110.1 calories , way less than i used to at and speed 16 miles that's half my usual 30 mph , so i know my body % how i feel by listening to it , we all do
thanks

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Get healthy and take the time you need.

You can find some useful information about vitamin D in the following thread:

As Brian mentioned, omega3 is also important. And magnesium can't hurt either.

All the best,
Martin
thanks , going to have cod fish and broccoli

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
report on how felt when at hospital , coughing breathing issues that was fluid build up in my lungs

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
finishing rest of medication while at the hospital

Top Bottom