• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima’s TPA3255 PFFB based amplifier, coming soon

daniboun

Major Contributor
Not doubting your good intentions, but it is Friday 21:30 in China.... I think it would be fair to at least explain your motivations.

If you don't see a problem here.....
Thank you guys for believing in my good attention therefore)

index.php

MCH

Major Contributor
If you don't see a problem here.....
Thank you guys for believing in my good attention therefore)

index.php
And the model and serial number of the power supplies are going to help you determine.... what exactly??

daniboun

Major Contributor
And the model and serial number of the power supplies are going to help you determine.... what exactly??

From Aiyima store (Amazon) I see this for the 48V/5A Gan PSU
Model starts with a GN22404048005000 (GN for GAN 485000 for 48V / 5A).

In the picture shared by Amir for the 48V/10A Gan PSU, I see that the model starts with JYH37Z (looks like this one but in 48V/10A version) which seems to be more commonly a traditional brick PSU.

But I could be wrong so I would be curious to have a picture of the 48V/5A Gan which was sent to Amir....

AIYIMA DC48V 5A GaN

1709921992886.png

Last edited:

312elements

In the picture shared by Amir for the 48V/10A Gan PSU, I see that the model starts with JYH37Z (looks like this one but in 48V/10A version) which seems to be more commonly a traditional brick PSU.

But I could be wrong so I would be curious to have a picture of the 48V/5A Gan which was sent to Amir....

AIYIMA DC48V 5A GaN

View attachment 355062
I’m still not clear as to what you’re getting at. Are you suggesting that the power brick is not a GAN model in the measured unit?

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning

AIYIMA DC48V 5A GaN

View attachment 355062
What is wrong in it, if he wants to get more information on PSU and relative tests if possible?
He surely has some doubts and the findings will only benefit others.

MCH

Major Contributor

AIYIMA DC48V 5A GaN

View attachment 355062
So you suspect the power supply they sell as GaN is not GaN? Or not even 10 Amps? Fair enough, I have no clue, you must have your reasons, I only know that jyh are the initials of a known PSU maker.
But man, next time you could just make it clear from the start, it only takes one sentence.

daniboun

Major Contributor
So you suspect the power supply they sell as GaN is not GaN? Or not even 10 Amps? Fair enough, I have no clue, you must have your reasons, I only know that jyh are the initials of a known PSU maker.
But man, next time you could just make it clear from the start, it only takes one sentence.

Sure ) I am French and French people always make things complicated )))))

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I will come back to you when I have Aiyima's response and you will understand where I am going with this. While waiting for this response from Aiyima annoys me a lot and it is even misleading

Here you accuse them of being "misleading" for some reason that you refuse to disclose - and you link to your own earlier post in another thread where you accused them of "just marketing" because their GaN 48V PSU's outer casing is slightly longer and wider - but also slightly thinner - than their non-GaN 32 or 36V PSU.

Sure ) I am French and French people always make things complicated )))))

"Making things complicated" does not accurately describe your approach here.

Reactions: MCH

daniboun

Major Contributor
Here you accuse them of being "misleading" for some reason that you refuse to disclose - and you link to your own earlier post in another thread where you accused them of "just marketing" because their GaN 48V PSU's outer casing is slightly longer and wider - but also slightly thinner - than their non-GaN 32 or 36V PSU.

"Making things complicated" does not accurately describe your approach here.

I blame no one but I find this explanation to be extremely pointless.... :

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I blame no one but I find this explanation to be extremely pointless.... :

“Just marketing” and “misleading” are negative judgments, so Yes, you are blaming them.

As for the explanation you linked to, it makes perfect sense, and increased power efficiency in a PSU is not pointless.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Are you saying that the actual amperage is not as advertised?

No, just want to compare the stock 48V/5A Gan PSU to the one sold in the Aiyima Store :

AIYIMA DC48V 5A GaN

What has been bothering me from the start for those who have not yet understood it: is that Aiyima asked Amir to only test their Amp with the 48V/10A PSU when they shipped the two PSUs to Amir . Why did you impose this request?

1709974718830.png

xschop

Did I miss something? I'm looking for inner layout/design pics of this new amp. Thanks

AIYIMA:GUO

@AIYIMA:GUO. / @AIYIMA
- Could you please share for all members pictures of the 48/5A Gan PSUs. with model / Serial numbers )
- Why did you ask Amir just to test the 48V/10A and not the 48V/5A ? Please answer honestly !

In fact, the 48V5A power supply also allows Amir to test the machine. At least we have developed 48V5A and 48V10A GAN power supplies for this project. Our colleague also sent Amir a 48V5A and asked Amir to help test the performance of the 48V5A.

daniboun

Major Contributor
In fact, the 48V5A power supply also allows Amir to test the machine. At least we have developed 48V5A and 48V10A GAN power supplies for this project. Our colleague also sent Amir a 48V5A and asked Amir to help test the performance of the 48V5A.

This is a response that could not be more ambiguous or even ambivalent.... This is what pushes us to be suspicious. All we are interested in is knowing the measurements with the stock PSU..... Maybe you could tune your tuning forks with Amir?

Could you please share a picture of the stock PSU ??? Or can you confirm it is this one from your store?

AIYIMA:GUO

This is a response that could not be more ambiguous or even ambivalent.... This is what pushes us to be suspicious. All we are interested in is knowing the measurements with the stock PSU..... Maybe you could tune your tuning forks with Amir?

Could you please share a picture of the stock PSU ???
We are communicating with Amir and asking for help in testing 48V5A data to address issues that everyone is concerned about.:cool:

daniboun

Major Contributor
We are communicating with Amir and asking for help in testing 48V5A data to address issues that everyone is concerned about.:cool:

Many thanks ))) I do appreciate this answer.

Top Bottom