• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Aiyima 3255 Amplifier | A07 v2 ??

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Friends,
I have come across a new Aiyima amplifier soon to be available. TPA3255 based amplifier, probably upgrade to their A07 amplifier.
Back panel looks simplified:
- RCA input
- AUX input/pre-out
- better speaker terminals, looks bigger than usual ones used in similar amplifiers. Seems like thicker cables/banana plugs/spades won't be an issue

Side ventilation holes on the case.
No front panel pics yet, seems like simplified with volume control in the center.
No clear pics of the PCB or design layout yet, but seems bigger capacitors. They say that they have used quality components.

1695392342459.png

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I'm really interested to see this one and try it out, compare to the Fosi V3 and the previous A07! Those do look like significantly larger caps towards the back there.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
yeah someone posted this in the V3 thread?? not sure

but to me this unit is an incremental upgrade? we will see if the vol. control. actually works the pre-out but it seems like this market is flooded with "300w" tpa3255 units

i'm curious with where they are taking this but they seem to be building slightly better mousetraps

OP
Guddu

Guddu

yeah someone posted this in the V3 thread?? not sure

but to me this unit is an incremental upgrade? we will see if the vol. control. actually works the pre-out but it seems like this market is flooded with "300w" tpa3255 units

i'm curious with where they are taking this but they seem to be building slightly better mousetraps

it's all about competition, and surely is an incremental upgrade to A07.
These TPA chips have been available from long time but we have only started seeing more usable iterations and developments in last 2 years or so.
Probably Aiyima A07 was the first 3255 amplifier which measured better and was stable/reliable product, and then Fosi came along and many started looking up to them.
We all tend to look to something new, probably batter within reasonable price range for the product.

I am waiting to get more information, but looking forward to something new in terms of feature and usability.
There is scope for improvement of all these small amplifiers, like:
- better thermal performance and capability
- better or none speaker load dependency
- ability to use bigger/powerful power supply safely
- and most important, safety and stability for long run
and so on.

And to add, Aiyima have various products, like balanced xlr 3255 amplifier etc., available in EU or Asia but bit in US yet.

Last edited:
OP
Guddu

Guddu

Der Immolator

Friends,
I have come across a new Aiyima amplifier soon to be available. TPA3255 based amplifier, probably upgrade to their A07 amplifier.
Back panel looks simplified:
- RCA input
- AUX input/pre-out
- better speaker terminals, looks bigger than usual ones used in similar amplifiers. Seems like thicker cables/banana plugs/spades won't be an issue

Side ventilation holes on the case.
No front panel pics yet, seems like simplified with volume control in the center.
No clear pics of the PCB or design layout yet, but seems bigger capacitors. They say that they have used quality components.

View attachment 313849
Where did these pics come from... Are there overhead Pics?

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Its
Where did these pics come from... Are there overhead Pics?
It’s Aiyima A07 Max.

Der Immolator

Its

It’s Aiyima A07 Max.

I know what it is... It's in the thread title after all - I asked where the pictures were sourced from and are there overhead pics of the board.

Last edited:
OP
Guddu

Guddu

I know what it is... It's in the thread title after all - I asked where the pictures were sourced from and are there overhead pics of the board.

I wanted to change the title after knowing the published name, but no option.
I got those from a friend before the amplifier came to market, from his bench.

robertospeed

Video

Photo

Top Bottom