• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

O-Noorus D1 - TPA3255 PFFB Stereo Amplifier - Front Display, Tone Control (with bypass) and Remote

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Dear FMs,

O-Noorus are working towards finishing their TPA3255 PFFB Stereo Amplifier "D1", I am sharing here some early information got so far and would add up more as and when I get any.

Input:RCA
Output:
- PRE OUT(Sync with volume)
- Subwoofer(Sync with volume)
- Speaker Output - Stereo L and R Channels

Audio Modes:
- Volume Control Potentiometer
- Tone Control (bass / treble)
- Tone bypass

Front Panel Display: Shows tone control, volume level, mode (Bypass Mode), brightness control
Remote: To control Tone mode, power on/off, mute, change mode

Pre-production only:
index.php

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
really nice there's competiton in the market... fosi has yet to show their stereo contender

keeps everyone on their toes

aint capitalism great?

or maybe its centralised command hyper capitalism?

Bleib

Major Contributor
Hopefully with better display settings...like off as a choice

Bleib

Major Contributor

daniboun

Major Contributor
FYI : D1 will be released for the first time on April 10th @ $ 89. I got confirmation about the PFFB implementation. BUT no idea about the balanced inputs....

@Guddu If your picture is correct... I dont see any balanced inputs = you must consider this like a power dac )

OP
Guddu

Guddu

FYI : D1 will be released for the first time on April 10th @ $ 89. I got confirmation about the PFFB implementation. BUT no idea about the balanced inputs....

@Guddu If your picture is correct... I dont see any balanced inputs = you must consider this like a power dac )

Your observation is correct.
It has PFFB implementation, and no balanced input/out - only RCA.

You mentioned "Power DAC"- D1 has no digital input or DAC, do you mean power amp?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
jeez

$89! that's really market disrupting

rca only is fine for the money

i think only here among the ASR autists (!!!) is XLR truly needed

any ext. unit case shots? also what is the sub cutoff?? I think fixed 80hz would like suit 90% of people

and remote too... and a display and dimming etc. far out

also we will need to see the range of psu? like i expect 48v 5a as std?

let me put it like this... certain companies are watching this place to see where the market needs are... it seems we are asking for a pffb conventional int. amp and its nice they add many QOL features AND the pffb addition is not a huge add to the cost

daniboun

Major Contributor
jeez

$89! that's really market disrupting

rca only is fine for the money

i think only here among the ASR autists (!!!) is XLR truly needed

any ext. unit case shots? also what is the sub cutoff?? I think fixed 80hz would like suit 90% of people

and remote too... and a display and dimming etc. far out

also we will need to see the range of psu? like i expect 48v 5a as std?

let me put it like this... certain companies are watching this place to see where the market needs are... it seems we are asking for a pffb conventional int. amp and its nice they add many QOL features AND the pffb addition is not a huge add to the cost

You will be fixed soon )
On paper we can announce anything and everything.... I'm waiting for the measurements to judge

daniboun

Major Contributor
You mentioned "Power DAC"- D1 has no digital input or DAC, do you mean power amp?

Power dac Amp yes. If it works like the D3 :
Description:

"O-NOORUS D3 is a Bluetooth 5.0 audio amplifier for passive speakers that features a stereo 300 watt x2 power output. D3 is a 2.1 channel power DAC amplifier which is equipped with Bluetooth, USB, coaxial, optical, and 3.5mm aux input. Volume/input/treble/bass/color/brightness are controlled by remote control or knob."

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Power dac Amp yes. If it works like the D3 :
Description:

"O-NOORUS D3 is a Bluetooth 5.0 audio amplifier for passive speakers that features a stereo 300 watt x2 power output. D3 is a 2.1 channel power DAC amplifier which is equipped with Bluetooth, USB, coaxial, optical, and 3.5mm aux input. Volume/input/treble/bass/color/brightness are controlled by remote control or knob."

D1 is different than D3.
D3 is DAC/Power-Amplifier unit, D1 is just power amplifier with RCA inputs.

By the way, O-Noorus D3 has just joined my bench and looks really nice and cute. Case and build quality is really good with decent vents on the bottom plate as well as sides, ventilation should not be an issue. Seems like D1 will have similar build & case quality too.

*Aiyima A07 Max - has kind of mild metallic finish with a bit of shine.
*Fosi ZA3 - Matt finish, looks good but you can see finger prints easily
* O-Noorus D3 - Very nice metallic shiny finish, don't think finger print would be an issue

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

daniboun

Major Contributor
D1 is different than D3.
D3 is DAC/Power-Amplifier unit, D1 is just power amplifier with RCA inputs.

If this is true then it is a huge error on the part of the manufacturer to offer a PFFB power amp without balanced inputs.... especially since we know that performance drops drastically in RCA with a PFFB implementation. Arffff I understand the price better now.....

OP
Guddu

Guddu

If this is true then it is a huge error on the part of the manufacturer to offer a PFFB power amp without balanced inputs.... especially since we know that performance drops drastically in RCA with a PFFB implementation. Arffff I understand the price better now.....
Agreed, but it is what it is.
and there aren't any less RCA users.

MCH

Major Contributor
I don't know but I am not sure it is necessarily related, the SE signal is converted to balanced before the feedback is fed in. Maybe it was the one tested that is somehow not properly implemented. Also, seen Amir's results for v3 mono, RCA shows 6 dB less sinad but 5 dB more gain, what seems reasonable (?). That measurement is noise dominated, distortion even seems a tad better with RCA

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
I don't know but I am not sure it is necessarily related, the SE signal is converted to balanced before the feedback is fed in. Maybe it was the one tested that is somehow not properly implemented. Also, seen Amir's results for v3 mono, RCA shows 6 dB less sinad but 5 dB more gain, what seems reasonable (?). That measurement is noise dominated, distortion even seems a tad better with RCA

What is not reasonable is to produce an unbalanced PFFB TPA3255 amp in 2024 )

Top Bottom