• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

O-Noorus D1 - TPA3255 PFFB Stereo Amplifier - Front Display, Tone Control (with bypass) and Remote

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I suppose I must not exist then. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d-measurements-of-hifiberry-dac-pro-xlr.8569/ for £60 is the first that springs to mind. I spent a bit more (but still 2 figures) on used interfaces, and would certainly look at amps in the same ballpark, although I probably have too many already.
Interesting, I do hear you but I can easily find a cheap better single ended output DAC (better in terms of measurement) than this balanced DAC if I have to. But its just me.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Yeah, like SMSL SU-1

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
The thing with frills, bells & whistles is that many just desire and wish for those even if needed or not.

Its all about the used case, a DAC without remote like SMSL PS100 that has HDMI ARC, SPDIF & USB inputs can get benefit out of it.
Some may care, many won't.
its more to my point that adding these things always incurrs a cost

i notice the competition sometimes does not offer these things.. if you want a more traditional 'power amp' then you can go down the route where you dont even need a vol. ctrl.

i give a lot of credit to companies who add the extra features that does cost money to include but then keep the price at $100

grogi.giant

Any links, searching on aliexpress gives me nothing. Gonna build a first stereo for nephew based on this..

Search results are region limited. If the vendor doesn't ship to your country, you will not see it in the search results.

gwing

Forum Donor
I really don't get it. If amp has hiss, it is no good for anyone...
It does depend on circumstances. What is intolerable hiss for someone with sensitive speakers listening nearfield may be completely inaudible to someone else using less sensitive and more distant speakers.

Bleib

Major Contributor
I really don't get it. If amp has hiss, it is no good for anyone...
Most won't hear as it as the amp is used at a distance. It also depends on the display strength used..lowest setting gave least hiss

YesChickenNuggets

Yeah, like SMSL SU-1
Exactly,

I also do not want xlr. 100+ sinad on RCA. I don't even want to spend the extra $2 on xlr cables. Over the years the audiophile hobby has gone in a stupid direction, vanity driven, vapid, broken.

If it wasn't for Amir holding the scammers accountable, the community could only have gotten more idiotic.

Thank god for ASR.

There's really no reason for the vast majority of the products today to exist. Given time, we'll have SU-1 dacs bolted to something like the TPA3255 w/ pffb, and that will be the default device people buy. Unless the big $$ amps can put up some BIG Sinad numbers, they're not truly useful. 10 watt is more than most people need, and 3255 can already do 250 in the v3mono.

Last edited:

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
you can rest a
There's really no reason for the vast majority of the products today to exist. Given time, we'll have SU-1 dacs bolted to something like the TPA3255 w/ pffb, and that will be the default device people buy. Unless the big $$ amps can put up some BIG Sinad numbers, they're not truly useful. 10 watt is more than most people need, and 3255 can already do 250 in the v3mono.

there's people behind the scenes planning what's coming up next and what you describe isnt far off

i find it kind of curious how things have panned out so far

the A70 has had teething problems and price is kind creeping up to ~$200... to me is there $200 worth of 'innovation' there?

and makes it harder to justify when the V3 mono system is around $250... if you're going to get in to this hobby then $50 isnt a big deal

so there still upcoming stereo products from fosi to come

BUT as you say, you dont need to even spend $200 to get comparable quality

If this company can get it done, for less they why bother? this is from someone who loves spending money on big class a/b amps

and so i'm waiting to see what this D1 is like and I expect they will follow up the D3 with a PFFB product with updated DAC and BT stages

I am running the D3 on a set of speakers right now that are $1,000 and it really is more than good enough

even for older folks like me who was around when there was only tapes and vinyl, there's still new innovations coming

ALSO my SMSL C100 on the D3 is a real good combo

Bleib

Major Contributor
Why do you need a C100 when you have a D3? :confused:
An external dac might be better. I use a SU 1 for Toppings mx3s

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
An external dac might be better. I use a SU 1 for Toppings mx3s
If using an external DAC then D1 is a better choice between D3 & D1. They both are around same price point.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
the dac stage on the d3 is passable but i dont think its as good as the c100 (but its $100 dac on $120 amp)

i have a few dacs obviously for testing etc.

the drawcard of the D1 is the pffb.. the D3 does not

ALSO in this category its nice to have discrete components so you can chop n change as you wish.... eg. the D3 does not have DSD or MQA if you want these things

nor do any of these have headphone support, some of you guys like that

Bleib

Major Contributor
If using an external DAC then D1 is a better choice between D3 & D1. They both are around same price point.
I bought the D1 not for myself though, it's going to nephew. He's getting my Topping D10s

Top Bottom