• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New ASR logo proposal

Booker

Forum Donor
I like your work. I chose the one below and replaced the original using GreaseMonkey.

1708032537795.png

Galliardist

Major Contributor

Galliardist

Major Contributor
I like your work. I chose the one below and replaced the original using GreaseMonkey.

View attachment 349820
Looking on my phone, it's not bad. It needs a version of the logo without the words round the outside (the site name is usually nearby wherever we see the logo) as they just becom dots. I think the mobile version is already produced for this one.

It means changing the colour scheme of the entire site though, as it stands, or the colours in the logo. I guess the colour scheme may also be seen as outdated, but it is distinctive and usable.

OP
Chagall

Chagall

Forum Donor
Looking on my phone, it's not bad. It needs a version of the logo without the words round the outside (the site name is usually nearby wherever we see the logo) as they just becom dots. I think the mobile version is already produced for this one.

It means changing the colour scheme of the entire site though, as it stands, or the colours in the logo. I guess the colour scheme may also be seen as outdated, but it is distinctive and usable.
Very helpful hint, as it illustrates the need for an inverted version – to be placed against white background.

Yes, letters on the ring are not needed for the desktop version.

During the weekend I'll make some website mockups with this direction, light and dark theme. Eventually, I'll do it for every direction.

Also, have some more ideas for the ear direction.

Work, work. Stay tuned.

Golf

All right – just to bring in some fresh air :cool: ...

Here’s something very simple, with an old-fashioned and even a bit nerdy attitude:

ASR-Corporate_1.jpg

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Is Amir even considering changing the logo ?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I wouldn't.

It is what it is.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
So maybe you’re not a Mercedes-Benz fan, actually ;) It’s a typeface they are using for their ads.
Very nice. :)

I now realize that while you clearly wrote old-fashioned, I read classic American. Something I do associate with serifed capitals, but not exactly how you did them.

For what it’s worth, this would get closer but I wish I could tell you what makes it different from your proposal. Not even sure it’s the font after all.

1708156095799.png

In any case I think the megaphone could be quite a keeper. It fits the forum in so many (positive) ways.

Crosstalk

I wonder why we need to change the logo? Who asked for it in the first place?

Top Bottom