• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New ASR logo proposal

Galliardist

Major Contributor
This seems a bit too much like a storefront…
Actually, I found it a bit aggressive. I haven't the faintest idea why, but I guess one subjective opinion counts for about as much as in a DAC review.

Changing the logo, the layout, and the entire site are different things. It may seem obvious, but still worth stating.

Maybe just increasing the size of the site name on the mobile site is worth suggesting. I think the colour scheme here, if not the most modern, does work for it compared to other sites using similar software.

LeShog

Updated version. Simpler and thicker lines

View attachment 349632
I like this one better. The last version feels overly simplified and reminds me of a corporate logo. I don't know why, but I tend not to like them. Even though these companies are multi billionaires their logos seem quite cheap more often than not. Anyway great job, I really like it, from an aesthetic point of view I always thought this site needed a refresh :D

ta240

Major Contributor
... from an aesthetic point of view I always thought this site needed a refresh :D
Nah, just make sure you view it through a CRT to get the warmth and use an upgraded cable to keep the clarity and it looks great.

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
Anyway great job, I really like it, from an aesthetic point of view I always thought this site needed a refresh :D

But this is just the logo, isn’t it? The “shepherd’s coat of arms” is shown only once on each page, at the top left, not much visual impact overall.

You can change the visuals of the site by selecting a different style (style chooser at the bottom left of the page). I changed it to XF2 Default Dark, and the difference was like day and night (literally). Even my wife yelled from the kitchen “did you change the style on the ASR page?”

nebunebu

1709628475474.png

Since becoming a member I haven't been bothered by the design off it. Various parts of the world has various style and this site reflects that it resides within US.

Just a thought - I assume the three gears represent each word - Audio Science Review?
The leaf probably represent the nature as its factual correct and cannot be changed (Just like newtons law of universal gravitation).
The also gear represent the technical aspect of it as Amir mentioned.

If there was a change I would probably try to identify how to convey the sites purpose - just like the current icon but in a bit clearer message.
(at first glance its not easy to interpret it as gears and it has some reminiscence of boy scout logo.

And probably try to bring in that 1khz signal into play because it's fundamental to most of the testing.

Last edited:

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 349632
The reference to a waterfall graph is clever, but if the typeface used in post #1 seemed strongly influenced by the typeface used on Kia automobiles, this one looks more than a little like Toyota's TRD logo. And to be honest, using the initials of the site name as a logo isn't really floating my boat. Too bad the panther is someone else's trademarked and copyrighted creation, because it'd make a swell mascot for this site, and a highly merchandise-able one at that.

Kumamon is an example of a mascot (in this case, for the Japanese city of Kumamoto) which has taken on a life of it's own.

Kumamon_illustration.jpeg

theDutchmanJames

View attachment 349632
This one and the wavelength one are really cool concepts, but I think the Ear concepts are the most creative so those get my vote :)

However, to me they are all too clinical? Or professional perhaps? Doesn't seem to match the vibe of this place, atleast for me.

dasdoing

Major Contributor

theDutchmanJames

Yes, I see what you mean by gamer-ish.. Not sure if I like it as much now haha

the Volume knob just feels very average - dime a dozen, whereas the ear concept is just very unique which makes it stand out to me.
:)

wwenze

Major Contributor
The reference to a waterfall graph is clever, but if the typeface used in post #1 seemed strongly influenced by the typeface used on Kia automobiles, this one looks more than a little like Toyota's TRD logo. And to be honest, using the initials of the site name as a logo isn't really floating my boat. Too bad the panther is someone else's trademarked and copyrighted creation, because it'd make a swell mascot for this site, and a highly merchandise-able one at that.

Kumamon is an example of a mascot (in this case, for the Japanese city of Kumamoto) which has taken on a life of it's own.

View attachment 354479
il_fullxfull.3842917798_e50m.jpg

Top Bottom