• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

sifi36

IMO the colorful LS50 and LSX models work ok because they are small and more "lifestyle" products. But the strong colors for a large speaker dominating a room, I am not so sure these would work... I would bet on more on Reference line colors, refined and discreet, maybe with a colorful Uni-Q to stand out. But the entire tower in blue or red? No way.
Again, IMO.

There is a picture online of three pairs, one in blue and the other two are white and grey. All three seem to have the champagne tweeter, though the midrange is silver on the white pair.

Last edited:

F1308

Major Contributor
Very funny those subwoofers are placed at ear level.
Precisely, I was reading a couple of recommendations to do so yesterday evening.
Never saw such a thing. most subs being extremely heavy and oversized...

F1308

Major Contributor
So is that confirmation that the woofers are on both sides?
Well, I do think so.

Uni-Q 12th? generation plus subwoofers, what else ?

Uni-Q providing 45-28000 and the subs 11-200 ?

Last edited:

nick-v

IMO the colorful LS50 and LSX models work ok because they are small and more "lifestyle" products. But the strong colors for a large speaker dominating a room, I am not so sure these would work... I would bet on more on Reference line colors, refined and discreet, maybe with a colorful Uni-Q to stand out. But the entire tower in blue or red? No way.
Again, IMO.
Keep in mind that "leaked" picture was up on KEF Australia's website. Unless it was a masterful troll job, that picture is one of the color options.

sifi36

I’m super excited about these, I was toying with the idea of LS50 meta plus a couple of subs for the living room but this announcement might well usurp that.

Seeing as we’ve got a week to speculate, why don’t we have a guess at the specifications? Here’s mine:

Drivers: Uni-Q plus 4 force cancelling woofers. Marketed as single apparent source as per the Blades.
Max SPL: 106dB at 1m (might be specified higher but this will be the limit before compression)
F3: 30Hz
Preference score: 7.5
Wildcard: some kind of room correction
Price: £/$/€6000

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Drivers: Uni-Q plus 4 force cancelling woofers. Marketed as single apparent source as per the Blades.
Max SPL: 106dB at 1m (might be specified higher but this will be the limit before compression)
F3: 30Hz
Preference score: 7.5
That is some very specific guess.

BTW, compression will start much sooner than 106dB SPL...

sifi36

That is some very specific guess.

BTW, compression will start much sooner than 106dB SPL...

I have no inside knowledge. That’s a fair point about compression maybe 100dB would be more reasonable. The LS50 wireless ii starts to compress between 86dB and 96dB per Erin’s review.

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have no inside knowledge. That’s a fair point about compression maybe 100dB would be more reasonable. The LS50 wireless ii starts to compress between 86dB and 96dB per Erin’s review.
One problem with the LS50 wireless is EQ is used below 100 Hz to extend the bass a bit. That cuts dynamic range. The electronics have a built in limiter.

The more I think about the LS60, the more I think active mini Blade.

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ohhhh, don't tell me that...
Check Blade 2 specs, I think it should be a good baseline to speculate on the LS60 drivers specs.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Looking at the size, I’m guessing 125mm coax and 4x 130mm woofers. Probably reflex. Question will be price, my bet would be around € 3000 each, so €6k for the pair.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Check Blade 2 specs, I think it should be a good baseline to speculate on the LS60 drivers specs.

My starting point is the R11 for size. Assume meta for the coaxial driver.

F1308

Major Contributor

Mmmmm.... If so, another $6000 I am not spending. I had a dream...

Petrini

There is a picture online of three pairs, one in blue and the other two are white and grey. All three seem to have the champagne tweeter, though the midrange is silver on the white pair.
Where did you find them? Can’t find any pictures other than the Royal Blue. Please link.

Top Bottom