• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice needed - Kef LS60 vs Kii vs D&D

songOVERsound

I asked them. According to the representative of Kii no bass module will be released for the Seven. There is no standard attachment slot either, the bottom is flat.

According to Kii they don’t want the Seven to become too similar to the Three. By releasing a bass module this will happen.

For people that are interested: I also asked if they release other colours besides white and grey. For now they won’t, if the Seven sells well they will.

My listening experience: for such a small speaker the Seven is quiet something. It sounds really clean (though the three sounded more neutral to me, but also more fatiguing, with very sharp treble -> could be the eq setting they used; in the setting of the listening room the Seven sounded somewhat warmer but also more likeable for me).

The bass is also very clean. I couldn’t compare the bass directly to that of the Kii Three because they only wanted to play the Three with the BXT module. Which was amazing to hear, but not something for a living room setup.
Hmmm. I just realized… I wonder if they will offer advice for using a sub with these then, or is it one of those things where they don’t expect people would want to deal with subs with the “lifestyle” approach

OP
L

Laagman

Hmmm. I just realized… I wonder if they will offer advice for using a sub with these then, or is it one of those things where they don’t expect people would want to deal with subs with the “lifestyle” approach
He told me because of the question, that I don’t have to worry about a sub and played some songs to convince me. That makes me guess they don’t talk about subs with this product. But: he also told me that they he got the question about the BXT several times already. So I guess if lots of people keep asking, they maybe will consider since there is possibly a market for it.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I was told a long time ago that Kii’s aim was to create a kii only ecosystem, when they exhibit it is only Kii components you see, until their new streamer is released I guess.
So provision for an OEM sub?
Keith

OP
L

Laagman

I was told a long time ago that Kii’s aim was to create a kii only ecosystem, when they exhibit it is only Kii components you see, until their new streamer is released I guess.
So provision for an OEM sub?
Keith
Even though the Sevens have streaming support, he still used an external streamer to display them. I forgot the brand. But I found that quite strange actually, because they are trying to sell it as an all-in-one product (including the Kii Control).

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Probably because their ‘matrix’ streamer hasn’t yet been released , I believe the idea is still to present a one brand ecosystem.
Are there any sub outs on the seven, I couldn’t see any from photographs?
Keith

OP
L

Laagman

Probably because their ‘matrix’ streamer hasn’t yet been released , I believe the idea is still to present a one brand ecosystem.
Are there any sub outs on the seven, I couldn’t see any from photographs?
Keith
No there aren’t. But if they really want to add subs in some manner they probably could through another method. Integrate a sub output in the steamer or in a newer version of the Kii Control or something.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Even though the Sevens have streaming support, he still used an external streamer to display them. I forgot the brand. But I found that quite strange actually, because they are trying to sell it as an all-in-one product (including the Kii Control).
Could be because Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, Qobuz Connect aren't integrated yet and they didn't want to use Bluetooth or Airplay2? If they want all in one they should do like Kef LS60 forget the stupid wired Kii control. Integrate the functionality in the speaker and give you a remote control for volume and changing inputs

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes KEF have a neat transmitter/receiver system for subs , completely wireless so more than possible.
‘Keith

Top Bottom