• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Odds on this having any kind of analog/low-latency input so this can be used for home theater or gaming?

Powerbench

Quite odd (ugly) design... Hope it's a fake leak.
I think (IMHO) in another colour it’s awesome! I have still have fond memories of my Kef 104.2 Reference.

Attachments

• 95069750-45BA-421A-A17A-DD2A6B969FE9.jpeg
    95069750-45BA-421A-A17A-DD2A6B969FE9.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited by a moderator:

sifi36

That leaked image looks to have 6-6.5” woofers if the Uni-Q is the usual 5.25” (I believe all current Kef speakers are the same size). That would be the same size and number of drivers as the Blade Two. With active crossovers and DSP there’s no (engineering) reason why it can’t have an F3 <30Hz (the passive Blade Two is 33Hz with an F6 of 25Hz).

If that’s the case, and it has the same linearity and even dispersion as the other post-Meta Kef speakers, I can easily see this cannibalising their other products. The only way that wouldn’t happen is if it’s hamstrung in the SPL department or has a price approaching $10k. Imagine if it has built in room-correction - state of the art performance and all you need is a couple of electrical sockets and an internet connection.

samysound

That leaked image looks to have 6-6.5” woofers if the Uni-Q is the usual 5.25” (I believe all current Kef speakers are the same size). That would be the same size and number of drivers as the Blade Two. With active crossovers and DSP there’s no (engineering) reason why it can’t have an F3 <30Hz (the passive Blade Two is 33Hz with an F6 of 25Hz).

If that’s the case, and it has the same linearity and even dispersion as the other post-Meta Kef speakers, I can easily see this cannibalising their other products. The only way that wouldn’t happen is if it’s hamstrung in the SPL department or has a price approaching $10k. Imagine if it has built in room-correction - state of the art performance and all you need is a couple of electrical sockets and an internet connection
hope its not in the ~10K$ range. $5-6K would be great but I guess we will see in weeks time maybe

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In just 7 days...

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
hope its not in the ~10K$ range. $5-6K would be great but I guess we will see in weeks time maybe
My guess is about 9k. Though I think this will kill their reference range

sifi36

The R11 has the same number and size (by eye at least) of drivers and retails for $4k. This also includes wireless streaming and amplification so if it’s less than $6k I’ll be shocked. That being said, what would the competition be? Genelec 8361, Kii 3, Dutch and Dutch 8c? They all retail for over $10k don’t they? I suppose this is just speculation until we get full specifications.

Then there is the question of cannibalisation. There’s a large part of their customer base that won’t go active so they can continue selling the Reference to them whilst having the LS60 undercutting them on price. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see a passive version of this speaker for fear of it taking sales away from the other lines.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
KEF often use passive radiator so it could be 4 woofers or maybe 2 plus 2 passive radiators. ;)
EDIT: we only have one pic so its also possible to have the only on one side (2 woofer or 1 woofer plus 1 passive radiator)
… presumably with their 165mm woofers also used in the KC62, R Series etc. Unless someone else has better info.

Last edited:

nick-v

Having the ability to do room correction internally would be a big deal.
That's part of what makes Roon so powerful! I'm sure they'll be Roon Ready like the LS50 WII.

Last edited:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Unofficial Graphic of KEFs new speakers have been removed as purely a professional courtesy to KEF as these are not yet released to the public. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Some posts with quoted image content also removed or edited.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
… presumably with their 165mm woofers also used in the KC62, R Series etc. Unless someone else has better info.
Cabinet looks too narrow for this, unless they have shrunk them again. I'm thinking there are only 2 base drivers per cabinet, time will tell.

nick-v

Cabinet looks too narrow for this, unless they have shrunk them again. I'm thinking there are only 2 base drivers per cabinet, time will tell.
You're right. KC62 is 10" wide, the LS60 looks to be just slightly more than half that width by the looks of the leaked image.

62182_aa9392ae-47f.jpg

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Going forward. If this situation were to occur again and the poster clearly and boldly Noted something like:

Note: The attached Graphic is not Official and “may or may not” represent the final released product.

Something like this would be seen as just a reasonable guess as to the final product, and therefore avoid any potential objection from the OEM. JMHO. ;)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For those who missed the “leaked” images (they were not leaked, just accidentally placed by KEF): it’s kind of a smaller Blade with all curves removed: so coaxial in front, flanked by two woofers on each side.

nick-v

Going forward. If this situation were to occur again and the poster clearly and boldly Noted something like:

Note: The attached Graphic is not Official and “may or may not” represent the final released product.

Something like this would be seen as just a reasonable guess as to the final product, and therefore avoid any potential objection from the OEM. JMHO. ;)
It actually was official though, which is likely why they're upset.

Pretty sure it accidentally leaked on the KEF Australia website for a few hours before it was taken down.

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The LS50 wireless is $2800. Now, imagine that the new cabinets add $250 KEF cost each ($500 total) which would translate to $2000 higher price. Now add drivers and amps for 2 subs (one sub for each speaker) but no cabinet. I will call that comparable to 2 $1000 subs. (Note that I am not saying that they are subs, but that the parts content is comparable). That would put the price at $6800. So, that will be my guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom