• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My guess on price is take the $6000 R11 and add $1,000 or so for the electronics. I don't think the subwoofer opposed drivers are in there, the cabinet is too narrow. Looks like the port is just above the plinth. It comes in blue too.

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
I was fantasizing/speculating about an active Blade 3 in another thread recently. To me, this is KEF acknowledging the superiority of and eventual transition to active loudspeakers. Or at least that the market is slowly shifting. I truly hope the specs surpass my LS50Wii plus pair of KC62s, and expect they will. Wish they weren't so ugly, tho...

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@TomJ that picture has been removed twice in 2 threads, including this one, so you may want to remove it.

Unofficial Graphic of KEFs new speakers have been removed as purely a professional courtesy to KEF as these are not yet released to the public. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Some posts with quoted image content also removed or edited.

sifi36

Cabinet looks too narrow for this, unless they have shrunk them again. I'm thinking there are only 2 base drivers per cabinet, time will tell.

Is it any narrower than a Blade Two? If it is, it isn’t by much as per the oft-removed picture. Unless there are a pair of drivers on the other side it wouldn’t make any sense to put them on the side would it? It’s possible there are two passive radiators, though I’m not sure if that would work given the intention behind the force-cancelling design goals.

Ciobi69

i am curious about the bass frequencies, they should be nice from the picture i saw

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Cabinet looks too narrow for this, unless they have shrunk them again. I'm thinking there are only 2 base drivers per cabinet, time will tell.
… true. They don’t necessarily need to back to back as in the KC62. It is just that KEF uses these 165mm woofers in many (R3, R7, R11, Ref 1, Ref 3, Ref 5) of their designs and as one knows, the more you buy / produce the cheaper it gets. Plus by now they probably know these drivers inside out, so engineering gets easier too … of course I am speculating… but it’s fun … we will see next week.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
… true. They don’t necessarily need to back to back as in the KC62. It is just that KEF uses these 165mm woofers in many (R3, R7, R11, Ref 1, Ref 3, Ref 5) of their designs and as one knows, the more you buy / produce the cheaper it gets. Plus by now they probably know these drivers inside out, so engineering gets easier too … of course I am speculating… but it’s fun … we will see next week.
I believe the bass drivers are different in each range, though they may share some components.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
2e0a7168bfc91f0f6e4b893527f3e14b.1000x563x1.png

well -- it's 10 more than the LS50, innit?

juliangst

Am I the only one how actually loves the design? I'm not a fan of the blue but in black with the orange coax driver it would look even nicer.
It's like a mini blade, which I already like to begin with.
I hope there will be a passive version as well. Together with a Purifi amp and a raspberry Pi streamer it will probably be hard to beat.

Haint

Unofficial Graphic of KEFs new speakers have been removed as purely a professional courtesy to KEF as these are not yet released to the public. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Some posts with quoted image content also removed or edited.

Given the site's reputation of blunt, brash, independent indifference, this is the last place I'd expect to be running defense for KEF on leaked marketing images. Pretty disappointing honestly. I hope this "professional courtesy" doesn't slide into the review process and become like every other audio outlet.

Zvu

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Am I the only one how actually loves the design? I'm not a fan of the blue but in black with the orange coax driver it would look even nicer.
It's like a mini blade, which I already like to begin with.
I hope there will be a passive version as well. Together with a Purifi amp and a raspberry Pi streamer it will probably be hard to beat.
Like this? Agreed!

4xn8wtGtSoxIJl7oYFJ-DwBslPd7PVXEOrm26MuQ_2A~2.jpg

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Adam - not a big deal, but something about ASR removing coverage or speculation as a "professional courtesy" to a manufacturer makes me a little uneasy. Slippery slope, etc - and aren't we their masters, not their servants?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Adam - not a big deal, but something about ASR removing coverage or speculation as a "professional courtesy" to a manufacturer makes me a little uneasy. Slippery slope, etc - and aren't we their masters, not their servants?
Just a courtesy, we’re not hiding anything or acting in their interest against ourselves. It’s a graphic that got leaked. Nothing more than that. If your looking for conspiracy theories your barking up the wrong tree. It’s not coverage, it’s a pirated/stolen/misappropriated graphic that could by copyrighted. I took the safest path for ASR. We have zero business interest/connections with KEF. However, we don’t want to spoil a future opportunity that they agree to send a set to Amir for testing. Why do that over a picture that will be public in a week?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It is a favor that is being asked by the manufacturer. We choose to do it as the probative value is so low anyway. KEF is a major speaker manufacture with many members being interested in their products. As such, all of us doing a favor like this and building goodwill is worth it in my opinion.

Arnas

Size same yes, but material, magnets, cabinets are all different.

Top Bottom