• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Al So Rand

@mirror88 Thanks for your help!

So correct me if I'm wrong; you're saying you can connect a USB connector into both the USB Audio Out and the OTG connection with a dual ended cable and then plug the single end USB in at the CD disc drive?
Unfortunately I can't do that because I'm using the bottom Audio Out port to connect to my outboard DAC and I need that USB port for this...
I bought a dual ended cable that will allow me to add power to the CD drive using a separate wall wallwart USB power adapter...
I knew what the compatibility issue was right away so I've got the products coming my way to fix the problem....A bit inconvenient , but oh well....
Perhaps on next years model Eversolo can increase the current rating at the OTG USB port to 2.1A . That should eliminate most compatibility issues and power any USB CD ROM.
Thanks again...:)

Last edited:

OdysseusG

Has the price on this gone up in the US? I see it for $899 vs $850. Seems sold out on Amazon everytime I look. :( Any physical store dealers?
Yup, it's making its way to dealers now. Saturday Audio Exchange just put out an update July 4th that their shipment finally came in (both standard and Master edition), so I swung by to check it out tonight. The joy of local dealers- they were super helpful and accommodating. Both DSD and HDMI can cause issues (often in fun and unexpected ways, as followed) so I just wanted to make sure for myself that it would smoothly play everything I could throw at it. Upon plopping in a USB drive it was quickly recognized and available. I have rips of my DVD-A, SACD, and Blu Ray discs that I had been using my Oppo to play since my trusty BlueSound Node doesn't handle those files. All the stereo stuff played just fine, so a great start. I asked if we could try multichannel and they plucked the A6 out of that room and lugged it over to another room where things got trickier, through no fault of the Eversolo.
Via HDMI the default Anthem receiver was playing everything, but converted to stereo. After trying to troubleshoot a bit he just switched to a different system, run by a Marantz receiver. Now we had surround, but it wouldn't play any DSD. Fiddling with the Eversolo menus I switched from DSD/native output to convert to PCM (DoP) and finally everything played as it should: regular stereo flac, hi res, 6 channel (DVD-A rips), DSD stereo, DSD 6 channel (SACD rips), hi res 6 channel from both the TrueHD and DTS-HD MA tracks of The Beatles Anniversary set Blu Ray discs, and the Atmos track from the Abbey Road disc. That last file makes even my Oppo choke, to the point where it won't respond to commands and I have to power cycle it. Sold

Sound_freq

Has the price on this gone up in the US? I see it for $899 vs $850. Seems sold out on Amazon everytime I look. :( Any physical store dealers?
It's always been between $850 - $899 depending on the dealer.

Werther44210

Try Qobuz. Tidal is a step up from Spotify. I find Qobuz to offer even better resolution on most recordings I have compared. Even comparing Tidal MQA on the EverSolo’s own DAC to my outboard DAC fed by the hi-res Qobuz stream, I feel the audio quality is superior on Qobuz. I think Apple Music is pretty decent too.
Qobuz seems to display a little more clarity and presence in the treble. String instruments offer a hint of additional reverb and texture compared to other services. This site has a rather classical orientation or acoustic music, hence these elements highlighted. I have been using Qobuz for a few years (I buy a few albums on the site). I tried Tidal for about a year, it offers a little more openness on certain titles, listening is quite analytical, dynamic, interesting on current music with rhythm. I kept Qobuz, I listen to more classical or acoustic. Considering the attractive price of Amazon Unlimited with Prime and the Amazon TV application and purchase of the DMP, I added Qobuz Amazon which seems efficient on voice, listening recommendations are relevant, Qobuz does not offer much in this area, but is available on Roon.

bargainguy

I'd like to thank @OdysseusG for his post about the DMP-A6 at Saturday Audio. Not from Chicago but recognized the name of the store, so this morning I shot them an email asking if they had any left. They had one left of the non-Master version, and it's headed my way. Appreciate the heads up!

Bernd

Forum Donor
A good DAC / streamer , I could easily distinguish the sound quality between Spotify and Tidal... Conversely, compare these two streaming apps via phone , it needs more effort and critical listening to find out the differences
I agree, but I suggest that you give Quobuz a try. They offer 3 levels of subscription MP3/CD Quality/High Res (which is anything with better numbers rhan 44.1 Khz/16bit). I have a 'CD Quality' subsciption on for a mont I had Tidal as well. Both were accessed via ROON and send to my RPI RooopieXXL streamer which connects to my RMI ADI 2 DAC FS / Headphone Amp. To make a long story short: I do not know what the Quobuz guys do (mastering?), but I find Quobuz sounds much better than Tidal, which is better than Spotify already.

da Choge

Forum Donor
Roon Aficianados: I believe the A6 has finally received an official Roon Ready certification (Roon-Ready Eversolo DMP-A6); YAY !!! However, I would not count on native multi-channel DSD being able to be transmitted with Roon via HDMI with the A6, as this is NOT part of a Roon-certification process. It seems that some people have got it working in certain setups with specific components (maybe). I would think there will not be any problems in having the DMP-A6 transmit native multi-channel DSD via HDMI from PC/USB drive sources or from the built-in A6's player, but I would not count on a fool-proof Roon-based (RATT) native multi-channel DSD streaming experience. Roon has stated as much. Time will tell what kind of capabilities this streamer has as far as DSD multichannel files and HDMI via Roon. Still, the A6 seems to be a great player with lots of options for the price.

Last edited:

Baldrick

Got my Master Edition tonight to replace broken sonos connect. Obviously it’s a step up. Wish I could’ve heard standard vs ME back to back but I didn’t want to wait. Have only had a couple of hours to listen so far, going through my standard set of tracks … and only on Spotify. I’m going to try Qobuz / Tidal at some point, maybe even Amazon Music. Also will b2b with my CD player as well as losslessly ripped CDs.

So far though … I’m impressed.

spizz

run by a Marantz receiver. Now we had surround, but it wouldn't play any DSD. Fiddling with the Eversolo menus I switched from DSD/native output to convert to PCM (DoP) and finally everything played as it should: regular stereo flac, hi res, 6 channel (DVD-A rips), DSD stereo, DSD 6 channel (SACD rips), hi res 6 channel from both the TrueHD and DTS-HD MA tracks of The Beatles Anniversary set Blu Ray discs, and the Atmos track from the Abbey Road disc. That last file makes even my Oppo choke, to the point where it won't respond to commands and I have to power cycle it. Sold

Are you sure it played the Atmos tracks and outputted the Atmos tracks? DTS and TrueHD were outputted all Natively? Or were all these converted to PCM?

multisport4me

Yup, it's making its way to dealers now. Saturday Audio Exchange just put out an update July 4th that their shipment finally came in (both standard and Master edition), so I swung by to check it out tonight. The joy of local dealers- they were super helpful and accommodating. Both DSD and HDMI can cause issues (often in fun and unexpected ways, as followed) so I just wanted to make sure for myself that it would smoothly play everything I could throw at it. Upon plopping in a USB drive it was quickly recognized and available. I have rips of my DVD-A, SACD, and Blu Ray discs that I had been using my Oppo to play since my trusty BlueSound Node doesn't handle those files. All the stereo stuff played just fine, so a great start. I asked if we could try multichannel and they plucked the A6 out of that room and lugged it over to another room where things got trickier, through no fault of the Eversolo.
Via HDMI the default Anthem receiver was playing everything, but converted to stereo. After trying to troubleshoot a bit he just switched to a different system, run by a Marantz receiver. Now we had surround, but it wouldn't play any DSD. Fiddling with the Eversolo menus I switched from DSD/native output to convert to PCM (DoP) and finally everything played as it should: regular stereo flac, hi res, 6 channel (DVD-A rips), DSD stereo, DSD 6 channel (SACD rips), hi res 6 channel from both the TrueHD and DTS-HD MA tracks of The Beatles Anniversary set Blu Ray discs, and the Atmos track from the Abbey Road disc. That last file makes even my Oppo choke, to the point where it won't respond to commands and I have to power cycle it. Sold

Are you sure about DSD DoP into the Marantz? I know of no Denon or Marantz receivers that support DoP. They have literally refused to adopt it as a standard even though some of the DACs in their receivers support it.

Very interesting about Atmos as well. If true, I'd love to get that working with Apple Music as that is about the only thing that service is good for to me these days.

Werther44210

Roon Aficianados : Je crois que l'A6 a enfin reçu une certification officielle Roon Ready ( Roon -Ready Eversolo DMP-A6 ) ; YAY !!! Cependant, je ne compterais pas sur le fait que le DSD multicanal natif puisse être transmis avec Roon via HDMI avec l'A6, car cela ne fait PAS partie d'unprocessus de certification Roon . Il semble que certaines personnes l'ont fait fonctionner dans certaines configurations avec des composants spécifiques (peut-être). Je pense qu'il n'y aura aucun problème à ce que le DMP-A6 transmette multicanal natifDSD via HDMI à partir de sources de lecteur PC/USB ou du lecteur A6 intégré, mais je ne compterais pas sur une expérience de diffusion DSD multicanal native basée sur Roon (RATT) à toute épreuve. Roon l'a dit. Le temps nous dira quel type de capacités ce streamer a en ce qui concerne les fichiers multicanaux DSD et HDMI via Roon . Pourtant, l'A6 semble être un excellent joueur avec beaucoup d'options pour le prix.

Got my Master Edition tonight to replace broken sonos connect. Obviously it’s a step up. Wish I could’ve heard standard vs ME back to back but I didn’t want to wait. Have only had a couple of hours to listen so far, going through my standard set of tracks … and only on Spotify. I’m going to try Qobuz / Tidal at some point, maybe even Amazon Music. Also will b2b with my CD player as well as losslessly ripped CDs.

So far though … I’m impressed.
Hi,
I received the DMP A6, frankly, it sounds very good, more dynamism than my Rose RS 250, more bass, punch, that's what I was looking for compared to the Rose which is more soft. I listened in RCA configuration on my Denon PMA 110 Hi-Fi amplifier, not bad at all, it will allow me to have two different listenings with the two streamers. I also connected the DMP coaxially with my Hi-Fi amplifier and HDMI with my other HC Denon 8500 amplifier, everything works, Roon too. The photo of the two streamers. Super happy with this acquisition.

Attachments

• EverSolo et Rose.jpeg
    EverSolo et Rose.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 177

Werther44210

Small addition, the DMP is really interesting on its HDMI output, allows to have a nice sound on its Home-Cinema installation with oversampling at 192 Khz, either with Roon, or with the player itself.

Justruckin

It is sold out everywhere as of this past Friday, July 7th 2023... I ordered one from Amir at Summit Hi-Fi. He just sold his last unit of 300 he received this past week. He will be getting more in soon, told two to three weeks and then he will ship. Great guy, free shipping and no sales tax, I paid $899.00 all in. I have never dealt with Amir and his business, so I purchased with Shop Pay just in case. Zero interest and plenty of buyer protection. Also, Amir is a licensed distributor, and he offers a two year warranty on the device. Seemed like a straight shooter, and he called me back.

goodsignal

Chat with eflc staff, mine supposed to ship out on July 4th, unfortunately, it is stranded on the west shore somewhere due to BC port strike. And the strike will last very long for sure. Hope they can get some units from airway.

Justruckin

Chat with eflc staff, mine supposed to ship out on July 4th, unfortunately, it is stranded on the west shore somewhere due to BC port strike. And the strike will last very long for sure. Hope they can get some units from airway.
May have to order direct from China...

Werther44210

Hi, I'm French, the DMP seems to have an upward price slope, is going from 859 to 899 euros. Like, I had a DMP + Audioquest cable pack, on my bill I saw the price of the DMP at 899 euros, not 859 euros, the price of my complete offer was the same, they increased the discount on the 'together. A lot of demand with us too, few sellers, rising prices... I hope you can negotiate with your suppliers...

OdysseusG

Are you sure about DSD DoP into the Marantz? I know of no Denon or Marantz receivers that support DoP. They have literally refused to adopt it as a standard even though some of the DACs in their receivers support it.

Very interesting about Atmos as well. If true, I'd love to get that working with Apple Music as that is about the only thing that service is good for to me these days.
Are you sure it played the Atmos tracks and outputted the Atmos tracks? DTS and TrueHD were outputted all Natively? Or were all these converted to PCM?
A little misleading, sure. I'm not sure at all, but as I understand it: I ripped the Blu Ray discs with MakeMKV and pulled all the separate audio tracks. I've been meaning to get around to comparing the two multichannel tracks to see if there's any meaningful differences then deleting one. The DR analyzer spits out ever so slightly different numbers for them, so something's going on...maybe.
the White Album (I don't think I've even opened that one yet) and Let it Be (ripped the CDs and listened to 2, 3, and 5; haven't ripped or heard the Blu)...and apparently all of the Sgt. Pepper's CDs? Jeez, I feel like I'd ripped the first disc for the stereo at least. Maybe that ended up replaced by the Blu stereo? These sets can be exhausting

For Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band that means
1) stereo, which gets converted to flac at 96 kHz 24 bit
2) Multichannel Dolby TrueHd, which is in my library as flac 6 channel, 96 kHz 24 bit
3) Multichannel DTS-HD MA, which is 6 channel flac at 96 kHz 24 bit.
For Abbey Road it's the same stereo, same DTS-HD MA (except for Polythene Pam at 48 kHz which I hadn't noticed until now), but by that time the Dolby was Atmos instead which got turned into 6 8 channel flac at 48 kHz 24 bit.
They're all flac and output as PCM. All the multichannel should be similarly compatible as I understand it, but for some reason my Oppo seems to crash whenever I try the Atmos track (even though it's a flac file) and just now when I tried it in J. River it didn't cooperate until the 2nd or 3rd try, after seemingly freezing up a bit.

As to DSD, the Eversolo setting is actually D2P which makes more sense for compatibility's sake.

glc650

2) Multichannel Dolby TrueHd, which is in my library as flac 6 channel, 96 kHz 24 bit
If I'm understanding you correctly you converted a TrueHD track (after ripping it from a BR disc) to FLAC? If this is the case then it is no longer TrueHD and the AVR should show mch in on the display. The quality should be the same as you are just doing the decoding manually instead of bitstreaming TrueHD to the AVR and letting the AVR handle the decoding. Also, if it was (TrueHD-based) Atmos to start it no longer is after converting to FLAC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom