• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer @Purité Audio

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
There are three digital ‘out’ USB ‘A’, coax and optical, you must decide how you are going to attenuate, ‘volume passthrough’ and let the KEFs attenuate or a mixture of A-6 and KEF.
If you connect via digital then obviously the KEFs dac will be making the conversion, I am certain you can’t bypass the KEFs internal dac.
Keith

alvarosalas

There are three digital ‘out’ USB ‘A’, coax and optical, you must decide how you are going to attenuate, ‘volume passthrough’ and let the KEFs attenuate or a mixture of A-6 and KEF.
If you connect via digital then obviously the KEFs dac will be making the conversion, I am certain you can’t bypass the KEFs internal dac.
Keith
thanks for your reply! I’m pretty new to this world of streamers/dacs and even the kefs. What do you mean on attenuate?

If i connect them via coax ( i think is the better way) is volume control available from the eversolo?

Thank you!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes you can control volume (attenuate) from the A-6 , be aware there is also a ‘volume passthrough’ option!
Keith

Gremlins

You are confusing

The question is : will the eversolo manahe volume control with coax or optical output?

I have similar setup with some hypex fusion that have no volume control. Currently i get in via xlr input, but i could go through optical input if iwas certain that the eversolo could attenuate volume when selecting digital output

alvarosalas

You are confusing

The question is : will the eversolo manahe volume control with coax or optical output?

I have similar setup with some hypex fusion that have no volume control. Currently i get in via xlr input, but i could go through optical input if iwas certain that the eversolo could attenuate volume when selecting digital output
that is exactly my question. I ordered yesterday the A6, will post back my findings and tweeks as soon as i get it

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I've tested with USB and if volume is not on fixed-passthrough attenuation works.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Kefs ls50wII does not have USB input :( I will try via COAX once I install it.
better use some very cheap speakers until you know it will attenuate the signal.

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The Kefs ls50wII does not have USB input :( I will try via COAX once I install it.
If it works for USB it will do so for any of the outputs, as it is internally computed before any output.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't the Kef LS50 W2 have built in streaming like the LS60? Can't you go wireless or ethernet cable straight to the speakers?

alvarosalas

Don't the Kef LS50 W2 have built in streaming like the LS60? Can't you go wireless or ethernet cable straight to the speakers?
i'd like to have direct apple music streaming as the airplay es lossy. I use tidal, qobuz and they work great!

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Kef app doesn't support lossless over wifi or ethernet cable?

Nutul

There a few streamers that support Apple Music direct lossless streaming, KEF doesnt.
The only name that comes to mind is Sonos... At Apple they seem to not like having too many non-Apple things messing around with Apple things.

shion_ca

For what it’s worth, feeding the eversolo A6 digital output into my SMSL D6s Dac, I can control the volume if I turn off volume pass through in the settings menu.

I actually run full volume on both dac and eversolo into my pass labs preamp, but the volume is a bit to high so granularity is too course on the X1. I have played with slightly adjusting volume on both the Smsl and eversolo, I might slightly prefer doing it on the eversolo

Top Bottom