• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 146 27.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 360 66.9%

• Total voters
This is a discussion from the zidoo forums...

Me:
Could I have accidentally updated the A6 with the A8 firmware?

Me:
Yes ..because the updater did
I`ve updated the firmware using the 1.06
but soon after reboot, there was an update this time V1.80 so I did...nothing more
also, it doesn`t even see the added files from the CD burner
Yes I did it myself because it made me do it
now I`m left with a broken $1k streamer
Doesn't look good

Please let me know If anyone can help
Thanks

You are trying to install an old firmware. The current firmware version for the A6 is 1.2.50.

Posted this question in Zidoo forum?

Yes, I did post it in the Zidoo forums and sent an inquiry to Eversolo Tech which was kind enough to respond. I explained every step I made until the unit (dmpA6) was fully functional and upgraded to v.1.2.50
If you want I`ll explain the steps I`ve taken
I`ve assumed the unit software was compromised and hoped for a replacement or some kind of software tool to reset the unit

Sorry for the late reply, and I appreciate your inquiry

@mirror88 Any news on the next firmware update, even a beta release? I have seen no news since the beginning of March, when it was suggested that an update was a month away.

It’s been quiet for quite a while, and its coming up to 1 year since the A6 product announcement, could there be a new product on the horizon that is drawing their attention away from this I ponder….

It’s been quiet for quite a while, and its coming up to 1 year since the A6 product announcement, could there be a new product on the horizon that is drawing their attention away from this I ponder….
In terms of software development resource (rather than hardware design and development) I can't think of an Eversolo hi-fi product that would require more effort than a streamer, with all of the standards and third-party services that it has to play nicely with. I would also assume that this development effort would continue to be leveraged; the A6 and A8 share the same basic software with feature differences, and I would expect this to be true for any new similar products.

Given their decision to launch a gold badge version of the A-6 a ‘special edition’ A-8 wouldn’t surprise me.
With ’femtos’ .
Keith

Given their decision to launch a gold badge version of the A-6 a ‘special edition’ A-8 wouldn’t surprise me.
With ’femtos’ .
Keith
I have no problem with that; there are many things that influence people purchasing decisions beyond a products performance and I am fine with the company catering to that. What I was suggesting is that this should not impact the development of their streamer software.

Doesn't the optical port accept Dolby Digital signals, not even 2.0? I tried from the TV but it just gave me a buzz or put PCM and it works

@mirror88 Any news on the next firmware update, even a beta release? I have seen no news since the beginning of March, when it was suggested that an update was a month away.
There will be a new firmware in May. Except with some new streaming services, I'm sure it will bring Gapless playback of CDs

There will be a new firmware in May. Except with some new streaming services, I'm sure it will bring Gapless playback of CDs
Also M3U playlist support? Would be really important for many.
The implemention could be done quickly with this shortcut: Take all files in the M3U file and push into the playing cue.
The MusicRemote.exe already creates M3U files for other devices. It would be great if those could be also played on the A6.

Is there a gapless playback on the internal player, when playing FLAC files from the SSD?
I saw some information about gapless playback in Ever solo Engine, but gapless playback doesn't work for me even if I activate Eversolo audio Engine.
Am I doing anything wrong or Gapless playback still not available for Local files?

Is there a gapless playback on the internal player, when playing FLAC files from the SSD?
I saw some information about gapless playback in Ever solo Engine, but gapless playback doesn't work for me even if I activate Eversolo audio Engine.
Am I doing anything wrong or Gapless playback still not available for Local files?
Gapless processing will only be used when the sampling rates are the same.

I would like to be able to cast Youtube Music to the DMP-A6. I know I can do basically the same thing with Bluetooth from my phone, but casting from my Chromebox would be nicer.

I would like to be able to cast Youtube Music to the DMP-A6. I know I can do basically the same thing with Bluetooth from my phone, but casting from my Chromebox would be nicer.
We would love to integrate Chromecast audio built-in, unfortunately we contacted Google multiple times and got no response from the Google Team.

We would love to integrate Chromecast audio built-in, unfortunately we contacted Google multiple times and got no response from the Google Team.

Never mind. I just realized that my Chromebox can connect to the DMP-A6 with Bluetooth. Playing Youtube Music on this Chromebox now with Bluetooth output to the A6. The A6 shows it is receiving at 48khz which is fine for Youtube Music and it sounds good.

I know some will say Youtube Music is not that great, but their Opus 256kbps sounds good to me and it has a great discovery algorithm. Almost as good as Spotify's discovery algorithm.

Never mind. I just realized that my Chromebox can connect to the DMP-A6 with Bluetooth. Playing Youtube Music on this Chromebox now with Bluetooth output to the A6. The A6 shows it is receiving at 48khz which is fine for Youtube Music and it sounds good.

I know some will say Youtube Music is not that great, but their Opus 256kbps sounds good to me and it has a great discovery algorithm. Almost as good as Spotify's discovery algorithm.
Since Linkplay (parent of Wiim) has ex-Google staff and connections with Google/Alphabet - it's unlikely that Zidoo/Eversolo can have this kind of access to get "Chromcast Built-In" capability - in fact "Chromecast Built-In" seems to be pretty rare amongst audio-only products...

Back
Top Bottom