• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP - DIY web control panel v1.0

Nutul

I know that, I just don’t want any computers to have anything to with my setup even for control. It’s just my thing.
I may agree with you, but you still may use the eversolo app to control it, and that is at the same level of a web interface; just the UI being presented by a browser instead of a native iOS/Android UI..
Moreover, a web interface could allow you to control and automate the A6 remotely at 0-expense... and it's not mandatory, of course.

hchris1

@neoheresy Nice dashboard, I'll definitely try it out!

I completely agree that the API response for the current status is quite uncomfortable. That actually was the most inconvenient thing when creating the Home Assistant integration.

OP
N

neoheresy

Hey! First of all - thank you for creating the Home Assistant integration. It was my inspiration and it made me try my luck with my control panel. Had I not found your HA module on GitHub, I would have not worked on my panel. Massive THANK YOU!

madrac

Very nice.
Are the 4 icons across the top supposed to work? I seem to get no response.

OP
N

neoheresy

They are supposed to work, yes. I have just checked if they work for me, and they still do their job.
Which DMP model do you have (I have the regular DMP-A6, non-Master).

madrac

I have the regular DMP-A6 as well.
I will try again from my laptop nearer the A6 and let you know one way or the other.

glc650

Any chance we can get an update to this that allows the DISPLAY MODE button to cycle through the spectrum views as well (or add a button that does)?

Last edited:

Chris Wu

Just saw this is in the eversolo A6 forum. I am a A6 ME user and I had installed this PC control panel..
like to say a big thanks for setting this up...
Also I had noticed a issue here... when I bookmark the page... after a while it becomes unuseable. I have to re-launch again from the eversolo folder/eversolo.html.
I though the idea is to bookmark the page for faster access.. or am I wrong?

Chris Wu

You can edit eversolo.html to rearrange the icons as you see fit.
can you assist as I am not sure which values to change.. appreciated if u can direct me the right lines...
I can open the .html file but not sure where to make the changes....
Would like to reduce the size to 25% of the original... my display screen is 365mm x 820mm
TIA

Keichan56

Tried this on my DMP-A8 - seems my A8 ports are 9587 & 9590 so had to change the HTML. Not working yet... but still testing. :)

Question: I tested for open TCP ports on my A8 and only got the two above. Not sure if either of these is the correct API port, but http://<ip>:9587 works as the basic web interface (to drag and drop files).

Last edited:

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
can you assist as I am not sure which values to change.. appreciated if u can direct me the right lines...
I can open the .html file but not sure where to make the changes....
Would like to reduce the size to 25% of the original... my display screen is 365mm x 820mm
TIA
That's probably easier to do in eversolo.css but exactly how might depend on the browser and version - there were a few browser-sepcific variations before it was standardised, and they didn't all adopt it immediately. You need to add some entries to the 'body' section:
CSS:
    body {
           font-family: 'Calibri Light';
           transform: scale(4);
           transform-origin: 0 0;
    }

Swoosh4004

Hey Al,

Thanks for your offer!

Over the last week I was trying to expand my little control panel by adding currently played track name, artist name and album cover - also scraping those details from another API call response generated by the DMP-A6, while still doing it all in HTML and JS (to keep usability at a high level for everybody).

I hit the proverbial wall when it turned out that the DMP server has CORS enabled, and when I fetch the deta in JS with 'no-cors' parameter, I can't get access to the api response text. Not via Fetch() and not by loading the API response into an IFRAME and accessing it that way :(

Just for testing purposes, I was able to do that in PHP on a local XAMPP installation I started in my home network. But my goal for the panel has always been to keep it simple - HTML + JS.

Moreover, the design of the API response for "current status" is flawed in my opinion. Its bad in a way that the parameters I want to read and then parse (artist, track name, album cover URL) are returned as different variables in the API response based on if you are using the embedded app (like Tidal) or if you are using TidalConnect started from another device. These values are also returned under different variable names for Tidal, Skype, and so on.

Moreover, there is no extra parameter published in the API response, which I could use to make an IF or CASE function and read the exact set of variables in case of Skype, Tidal or whatever_other_service is currently being used to play music.

I guess, I will stick to using the v1.0 version of my panel as I can't get past these limitations (an extra one would be my HTML/JS knowledge which is still very rudimentary).
What was the API URI you were calling to get this problem? I can help you get past your issue. Send me what you are stuck on and I will fix and send it back.

Chris Wu

That's probably easier to do in eversolo.css but exactly how might depend on the browser and version - there were a few browser-sepcific variations before it was standardised, and they didn't all adopt it immediately. You need to add some entries to the 'body' section:
CSS:
    body {
           font-family: 'Calibri Light';
           transform: scale(4);
           transform-origin: 0 0;
    }
thank you for the help... at scale 4...it double the size... I had replaced it with 0.5 scale.

mikemcsw

I have recently bought a DMP-A6. I have a separate audio system hooked up to a computer I work on every day, and the DMP-A6 is plugged into my second stereo system, which is located underneath my TV.

The DMP-A6 is all great, however, one thing was quite irritating - the inability to control the basic functions of the DMP-A6 (volume up/down, mute, previous, play/pause, next track and and changing the selected audio input and output via some sort of web interface.

The web interface is such a convenience! There is no need to look for the remote controller (if you bought one) or for your cell phone, no need to launch the application first, on the cell phone, etc.

Eversolo do not publicly boast about the presence of an API mechanism in their DMP series devices, but such an API exists and was built on the foundations of the solution from previous models of network devices from Eversolo's mother company - Zidoo.

The list of available API calls may not be huge, but you can control the basic functions of the DMP-A6 from a web-based panel.

I am in no way a software developer or a web developer and this panel is a total "just a total amateur at work, trying his best" product. :)

My HTML skills and programming knowledge are at a level of an absolute beginner. I struggled a lot yeterday but I finally managed to finished writing (I finished it shortly before 4am today) my own "control panel", using the basics of HTML and JavaScript, with which I currently control my DMP-A6.

Here's how it looks like:

View attachment 332775
The 4 top icons (left to right), are:
  • Device shutdown
  • Device reboot
  • Changing LCD display mode
  • Turn the LCD display off and on again
I think there are more people who would benefit from having such a solution at hand, than just me, so I am sharing the goodness with fellow ASR forum members.

I also have a request, if I may!

Could I ask a DMP-A6 Master Edition and DMP-A8 owners to test the panel with their device, and let me know if everything works as it should with the Master Edition and DMP-A8?

Also, if any of you guys use Macs, give it a try, too. Though, I think the OS/platform here would not have any impact on usability/connectivity.

Many thanks in advance!

-----

Instructions and additional information

1. You need any web browser (I checked it in Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Opera on a PC) and a computer within the same local network as your Eversolo DMP device.

2. Download the attached eversolo.zip archive and extract it on your computer.

3. Enter the "eversolo" folder and open the "eversolo.js" file in your favorite text editor.

In the second line of the file you will find the following text string:

DMPA6IP = '192.168.0.1'; //Enter the IP address of the Eversolo DMP-A6 in your local network here

Replace the default IP address of 192.168.0.1 with the IP address of your Eversolo DMP device in your local network.

You can read the IP address of the device in the Settings->About menu, as seen in the following screenshot.

View attachment 332774

4. Save the updated file, close the file editor and click the "eversolo.html" file [It is worth adding it to your browser bookmarks, so that you do not have to look for it on your disk every time]

And it's done.

Let me know if it works for you and enjoy!
Thanks for this. I am planning on buying the eversolo, but i really wish there were ANY streamers out there that have a web based player. I am older and HATE using cell phones more than i have to. This is nice that you created this basic function for web browser, but is there any way to select which song? Or is THERE any streamer that has a web browser or desktop app to control....it seems this world likes to use cell phones, where i don't.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Thanks for this. I am planning on buying the eversolo, but i really wish there were ANY streamers out there that have a web based player. I am older and HATE using cell phones more than i have to. This is nice that you created this basic function for web browser, but is there any way to select which song? Or is THERE any streamer that has a web browser or desktop app to control....it seems this world likes to use cell phones, where i don't.
Most of the Pi based offerings have web interfaces. Innuos do too - can't say I like what they've done to the LMS interface, but others apparently do.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

No need to use a phone for streaming if you don't want to. There are lots of other options. Wiim makes an iPad interface for streaming and they also have an app for computer. And if you are going to have the computer open anyway I would highly recommend Audirvana. It's streams music from Qobuz, Tidal and music on your computer to your speakers. I use Audirvana to stream to Wiim mini, Denon 4700H and RPI4. It's great to use the storage on the computer for my music library and I don't need anything like Eversolo for my setup.

madrac

And you can load the official Eversolo control app on a Windows PC by also installing a android emulator (e.g. blue stacks). This is what I've done in case using the laptop, otherwise I use my phone.

Top Bottom