• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Yasser 06

Is that the power supply suggested by Aiyiana on their website ? It is bulky and quite ugly, hard to hide such a monster ...

I almost order from Aiyiama but got it from amazon with the regular free power supply, returned it but i m thinking of getting it back this te from aiyiama but i m reluctant about the power supply since it almost double the price.

Is it worht getting it if you listen at moderate levels ?

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is that the power supply suggested by Aiyiana on their website ? It is bulky and quite ugly, hard to hide such a monster ...

I almost order from Aiyiama but got it from amazon with the regular free power supply, returned it but i m thinking of getting it back this te from aiyiama but i m reluctant about the power supply since it almost double the price.

don't really think about loudness but think in terms of this could blow up and burn my house.

friarminor

Yes, this one is ugly as hell from Aiyima and had to ditch the flimsy power cord and used one from a broken laptop charger. The lower voltage is quite fine if you've got high sensitive speakers > 88 already. No need for this SMPS. It's just that these damn LS50s that need power more to sing and I fear I was missing those having read and view YT reviews. Anyway, A07 is still way cheaper and I like em small, too.

friarminor

Tell you frankly, I too am scared as hell not knowing anything about SMPS, multimeters and all but so far, this power supply hums softly with its fan and dead cold except for that green power light as sign of life.
242439186_550292342691765_2231062889379461643_n.jpg

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
While most of my speakers are pretty efficient and I'm fine using the standard Aiyima 32v/5a brick, I'd step up to one of these better-made supplies if they just came in a case so the terminals are hidden/covered. Like the Pyramid power supplies I used to use with my 3116 builds. But I don't think they make anything in this power range.

I find even with that standard brick, I rarely need to go beyond noon volume position on the A07 even when playing loudly. Currently using with some KEF Q 15.2 speakers which sound quite good with it, I think they are about 87 db efficient.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Let me try again… Are there any known instances of [a brick power supply powering A07 or such, bought on Ali-Express or anywhere] blowing up?
The style of PSU in #1090 above is commonly used in 3D printers, and cheap ones have been known to catch fire, along with a variety of other substandard parts. A quick search for 3d printer psu fire will find you multiple references. In that application they're often run for extended periods at a relatively high proportion of their nominal output, which at least a subset of them can't handle safely. That's much less likely to happen if you're using an A07 for music, but I'd still rather have a reputable psu.

jst

It's better to read feedbacks from other people before buying, here in my country, online stores compete prices all the time including this psu, in the end it will reveal an item at its lowest price. A psu with the cheapest price will attract many buyers but lots of complain will arise and written in feedback, a more expensive psu will get much less people buying it but 100% positive feedback. Meanwell is one of the more expensive one with good reviews and another brand I posted a couple pages back.

Yasser 06

Anyway the A07 had lot of distorsion at high volume from the review. It tested it on Lyrr 222 from triangle in a 50m^2 room. I could push toe max volume but it was much louder than for regular usage, may be for a party ...

The Lyrr have 93 db sensibility.

jst

Anyway the A07 had lot of distorsion at high volume from the review. It tested it on Lyrr 222 from triangle in a 50m^2 room. I could push toe max volume but it was much louder than for regular usage, may be for a party ...

The Lyrr have 93 db sensibility.
This guy uses Aiyima A07 at max volume , sure it must be distorted but still not that bad, but when I play mine even at 10-11 the sound already unpleasant especially the high.

Yasser 06

No i actually listened most of the rime below 12 o'clock. But i pushed to hear .

I'm still recommending it for 80 euro i don't think you can get a new product that is as good, may be on the second hand market if you lucky but then it gets quite complex.

conuss

Previously, there were fair complaints about a sharp click when on-off. I hope this disgusting disease has been completely cured?

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Previously, there were fair complaints about a sharp click when on-off. I hope this disgusting disease has been completely cured?

It is a difficult disease to deal with. Often one treatment is not enough.

Toku

Major Contributor
AIYIMA A07 has no pop noise problem from the beginning.
The AIYIMA brand name-only products and unbranded products that became the base model of the A07 did not have a pop noise prevention circuit built-in. The presence of these products has spread the problem of pop noise.
However, the current product incorporates the same pop noise prevention circuit as the A07.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This guy uses Aiyima A07 at max volume , sure it must be distorted but still not that bad, but when I play mine even at 10-11 the sound already unpleasant especially the high.
What power supply do you have with yours?

jst

What power supply do you have with yours?
It's a black brick PSU 32v 5A GZD-0325000.

(If you're concern with the unpleasant sound I said, it's probably because of the speakers I'm using, it's from Sony Compo lbt.lv100, it may sound harsh/attacking the ears if too loud but it's good esp for movies. The characteristic of the tweeter is like that, very sharp, but at some sound it's very tickling the ears in a good way. So, unpleasant is probably too strong word.)

Top Bottom