• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a black brick PSU 32v 5A GZD-0325000.

(If you're concern with the unpleasant sound I said, it's probably because of the speakers I'm using, it's from Sony Compo lbt.lv100, it may sound harsh/attacking the ears if too loud but it's good esp for movies. The characteristic of the tweeter is like that, very sharp, but at some sound it's very tickling the ears in a good way. So, unpleasant is probably too strong word.)
That should work.

Just looked up that sony. Looks like the sort of kit designed to generate bleeding ears, and not much else :)

Reactions: jst

Sandor

TI manual for 3255 lists max input voltage as 7V, max input current 1mA - does performance change if I feed the amp with 1V, 2V or 4V?

Is there an optimal input voltage to get the best quality output?

jst

Is it safe using 48VOLT with Aiyima 07 ? I kinda read somewhere to use slightly less like if the max is 48 then use 42.

I found a 48v 5A black brick adapter, it should boost 1.5x of power from 32v5A, but still hesitate. This 32v 5A feels so safe it is not even warm for both the amp and psu.
1383881_16511b2e-1160-41e0-9b60-c64a3bc8ca14_1512_1512.jpg

I'm scared looking at industrial psu like it will zap me one day if I'm not careful.

=========================

Oh and i want to ask about adding subwoofer with Aiyima A07. I usually use azur640a before aiyima, and azur has PRE-OUT which I can use it for my subwoofer, but since Aiyima doesnt have it, so I use Splitter on my Topping D10s DAC to output to Aiyima and Subwoofer, but damn the sound is kinda distorted, and I have to turn down the volume on my subwoofer, volume setting is usually at 80 with preout from Azur, but with dac output using splitter to aiyima and sub, I have to turn sub volume down to like 40, even then it still distorts depending on the bass from different kind of music. It's like the input volume from d10s is too high if I connect it directly to my sub. Is there any workaround for this ?

Last edited:

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The aiyima has a "splitter". The RCA inputs and the 3.5mm input are both pass through outputs when using the other one. As in, if you connect RCA inputs to the Aiyima, you can use the 3.5mm as an out. Or if you connect via 3.5mm, you can use the RCA's as outs.

I use this though (Macbook -> DSP board -> Aiyima/sub). It lets you learn most of the stuff underneath of most of the dsps on the market. A lot just have a nicer GUI that controls things on this part.

You would need this control board to get into sigma studio (the dsp software) as well.

jst

The aiyima has a "splitter". The RCA inputs and the 3.5mm input are both pass through outputs when using the other one. As in, if you connect RCA inputs to the Aiyima, you can use the 3.5mm as an out. Or if you connect via 3.5mm, you can use the RCA's as outs.

I use this though (Macbook -> DSP board -> Aiyima/sub). It lets you learn most of the stuff underneath of most of the dsps on the market. A lot just have a nicer GUI that controls things on this part.

You would need this control board to get into sigma studio (the dsp software) as well.
HAHAH you're right, I never notice there's that AUX at the back panel lol.

Now I hope I have the cable for that aux, stereo to 2 rca coz my sub has long rca cable with it and I don't feel like replaceing the whole cable.

Thanks for the info, I'll post later how it goes, hope it sounds normal, if it's the same as output from dac then it will sound the same.

---edit---
Using Aux from the back panel of Aiyima has the same result, the input is kinda too boosted and makes the bass coming out distorted, looks like it's still the same output as coming out from d10s and being inputted to subwoofer.

Fixed it using tube preamp. Have to use output from a preamp then.

Last edited:

friarminor

Is it safe using 48VOLT with Aiyima 07 ? I kinda read somewhere to use slightly less like if the max is 48 then use 42.

I found a 48v 5A black brick adapter, it should boost 1.5x of power from 32v5A, but still hesitate. This 32v 5A feels so safe it is not even warm for both the amp and psu.

I'm scared looking at industrial psu like it will zap me one day if I'm not careful.

=========================

Oh and i want to ask about adding subwoofer with Aiyima A07. I usually use azur640a before aiyima, and azur has PRE-OUT which I can use it for my subwoofer, but since Aiyima doesnt have it, so I use Splitter on my Topping D10s DAC to output to Aiyima and Subwoofer, but damn the sound is kinda distorted, and I have to turn down the volume on my subwoofer, volume setting is usually at 80 with preout from Azur, but with dac output using splitter to aiyima and sub, I have to turn sub volume down to like 40, even then it still distorts depending on the bass from different kind of music. It's like the input volume from d10s is too high if I connect it directly to my sub. Is there any workaround for this ?
I did not max out the 48V. Lowered the power to 42 only since I read somewhere that it might cause problems and also shortens amp lifespan. So far so good. Will report shld there be problems. Sound-wise, still good!

jst

I did not max out the 48V. Lowered the power to 42 only since I read somewhere that it might cause problems and also shortens amp lifespan. So far so good. Will report shld there be problems. Sound-wise, still good!
Seems like we both read the same source lol, but since I couldnt find 42v then I bought 48v 5a, hope it wont produce too much heat.

friarminor

I don't think there's a built one with 42V so just had to get that "cringey" 48V SMPS where you have to connect the wires and use multimeter to set the voltage yourself.

jst

I don't think there's a built one with 42V so just had to get that "cringey" 48V SMPS where you have to connect the wires and use multimeter to set the voltage yourself.
I found and bought this brick 48v 5A, it has arrived and using it now, the amp sure is hotter than when using 32v 5A, but can still bare touching it, checking its thermal using infrared its only around 38.9 degrees celcius, the adapter is only warm 35-36 degrees celcius.

More power more vibration coming from the speakers when I touch it.

=============

Can I use something like this for Aiyima A07 ? I figure I have to recase the amp if permanent, or make this doughnut psu in an adapter box. But that's probably overkill lol , better buy a new amp than doing that. Just curious though.
b2a26921-a220-4349-9b48-34739e5a37d0.jpg

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I found and bought this brick 48v 5A, it has arrived and using it now, the amp sure is hotter than when using 32v 5A, but can still bare touching it, checking its thermal using infrared its only around 38.9 degrees celcius, the adapter is only warm 35-36 degrees celcius.

More power more vibration coming from the speakers when I touch it.

=============

Can I use something like this for Aiyima A07 ? I figure I have to recase the amp if permanent, or make this doughnut psu in an adapter box. But that's probably overkill lol , better buy a new amp than doing that. Just curious though.
b2a26921-a220-4349-9b48-34739e5a37d0.jpg
That toroid will be outputting around 48V at full load, 56V at no load. But that is AC with a peak of 67 to 79V. So if you peak wave rectify that, you are going to get around 67V to 79V DC depending on the load..

So no - you can't use that transformer, unless you want to put a linear regulator on the output dissipating in the region of 125W at 5A

Reactions: jst

jst

That toroid will be outputting around 48V at full load, 56V at no load. But that is AC with a peak of 67 to 79V. So if you peak wave rectify that, you are going to get around 67V to 79V DC depending on the load..

So no - you can't use that transformer, unless you want to put a linear regulator on the output dissipating in the region of 125W at 5A
Thx for the explanation. Better buy more powerful amp that has built in psu like that then.

Is "more vibration" good in our business? :)
I use PA/Karaoke speakers that's labeled 450watt , so I thought I would need more power, but I play around with equalizer from voicemeeter banana and I think it helps a ton to push more db into the speaker on top of the more watt.

jst

I sense some confusion here… can you please explain what do you mean by “more dB on top of more watt”?
I mean i just changed from 32v5a to 48v5a = more watt, I didn't use eq before then I cranked up some freq with this eq = more db. Was talking about changes I made. Which I thought was good....since you asked.

Do you really know what 450 Watt is? o_O
This is why I'm more comfortable posting in newbie section lol.
Say anything wrong and I'll feel like being held at gunpoint with funny emote :eek:
Anyway, please do explain coz what I thought I knew I'd need more power to feed it and can push it a bit more with eq.

=============

Does anyone know how to bridge Aiyima A07 ? It will make it mono, right ? So have to get another one for stereo. Tempted to test how it goes when bridged with one speaker. Is it done by modding the inside or simple jumpering things at the backpanel ?

Last edited:

SEEDSTAR

has anyone confirmed how many watts the 07 or 08 is really outputting at 8ohm?

also curious about the mono block question guy above asked

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
has anyone confirmed how many watts the 07 or 08 is really outputting at 8ohm?

also curious about the mono block question guy above asked
Yes, in the test results at the start of this thread (at least for the 07)

Top Bottom