• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

MarkWinston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks Yasser,i wil test the aiyima A07 next week against my audio cambridge cxa61....the A07 cost 50 euro+20 euro 32v 5A poweradapter also

from aiyima...within 2 or 3 weeks i send here my review.......sorry for me bad english;)
Do let us know how the A07 compares to the Cambridge.

Reactions: jst

Yasser 06

Today i tested the Boxem Arthur against the BC accoustic 222 using an external DAC. Huge difference, the Boxem is simply way better, no need to balance the volume or to perform A/B testing it is simp[ly obvious.

I don t have the A07 anymore, i returned it but may get it back, but the match with the Boxem was way closer, on modern music it was close and it s only on Brandebourgeois 3 allegro 3rd movement that the Boxem did clarly better, on the old well tempered piano by G. Gould Boxem and A07 were quite close, but on that piece the BC EX 222 is way behind.

Even if it may seems weird to compare the BC EX222 with an amp that i don t have anymore, i m very sure that the A07 is better, simply because it was not made ridicule by the boxem while the BX EX 222 if far behind the boxem.

Now of course the BC EX222 does 100 things, it s a DAC , a BT receiver, an headphone amplifier it has many inputs and a remote command.

But as an amplifier the A07 is certainly better .

It does not mean that the BC EX222 is bad, it got awards and in its price category it is probably a good multipurpose device but as an amplifier it is quite behind the A07.

Last edited:

Akr706

I purchased a Topping PA3 last month here locally in India and also ordered the Aiyima A07 from China which was gonna take a month to deliver. The Aiyima A07 arrived yesterday. But, turned out that the power supply of Topping PA3 is not compatible with A07 because the pin in A07 is fat. So now I have to order another power adapter from China and wait for another month to get it delivered.

Can anyone here suggest me a power adapter which would be compatible with the A07? :(

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you get an appropriate adapter to adapt the PA3 PSU to the A07?

Yasser 06

The plug on the A0 is quite an industrial standard so you should be able to find an adapter.

Otherwise i think that any power supply delivering 24-48 volts with the right plug will work, but i do not remember the amperage, probably 8 Ampères for 48v ...

Akr706

Can you get an appropriate adapter to adapt the PA3 PSU to the A07?

Thanks a lot. The availability of such stuff really sucks here in India. But I am still trying to find something like this. But again, I am not sure what are the dimensions of the Topping PA3 and the A07. I just found this one on Amazon India. Would it work?

Assuming 5.5mm x 2.1 mm is the industry standard, being used in A07 and since the pin in PA3 is thinner, it should be 1.7mm, right?

Akr706

The plug on the A0 is quite an industrial standard so you should be able to find an adapter.

Otherwise i think that any power supply delivering 24-48 volts with the right plug will work, but i do not remember the amperage, probably 8 Ampères for 48v ...

As suggested by other user above, if I can find a converter, then that would keep the amp running while I wait for the power adapter.

I found two adapters which can be shipped to India, one on Aiyima, ofcourse, for $30 and one on ebay for $22. Do you think the one on Ebay would work? It is from fx-audio I think.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

You would have to measure the pin and barrel reasonably accurately. Do you know anyone with something like this?

Alternatively you could check with Topping and Aiyma the dimensions of their connectors.

You also need to check with the supplier of the adapter if it can handle the needed current.

Tangband

Major Contributor
Follow up review on Aiyima A08. It definitely pairs up to different speakers differently than I expected. I have a pair of old JBL J2060's (upgraded crossovers and "no-rez"..) The tweeters are bright and annoying on my Integrated amplifier, I have to turn the Treble down to make them listenable. Surprisingly, through the A08 no Tone Controls necessary, good match, sounds great. I would have expected the opposite.
You should try lm4562 :)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As suggested by other user above, if I can find a converter, then that would keep the amp running while I wait for the power adapter.

I found two adapters which can be shipped to India, one on Aiyima, ofcourse, for $30 and one on ebay for $22. Do you think the one on Ebay would work? It is from fx-audio I think.

Again, you will need to check the dimensions of the connector on the PSU for compatibility with the Aiyma

Yasser 06

The A07 probably had the large one and your AC has the small one.

Then you that adapter should work but you have to reverse it, the female must be the small one so that you plug your adapter in it and the male should be the large one which will go to the A07.

Yasser 06

I can confirm that the A07 uses the standard plug 5.5x2.5mm
This is from amazon description (detailed view). And you need 24-48 volts under 5 Amp or 32 under 5amp.

1633255141178.png

Akr706

I can confirm that the A07 uses the standard plug 5.5x2.5mm
This is from amazon description (detailed view). And you need 24-48 volts under 5 Amp or 32 under 5amp.

View attachment 156878

Thank you so much! That's the problem here then. I think the PA3 uses universal 5.5 x 2.1mm, but the A07 uses 5.5 x 2.5mm.

I just found the right adapter for it but now problem is (as suggested by @tonycollinet above) that it is rated for 4A current and the PA3 adapter is 32V 5.5A.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
I just found the right adapter for it but now problem is (as suggested by @tonycollinet above) that it is rated for 4A current and the PA3 adapter is 32V 5.5A

It will work fine (and safe) for your needs. The adaptor design has enough tolerance in first place, and the music nature of the load will keep it below 5.5A [its max rating] most of the time.

jst

@Akr706 regarding dc connector , it doesn't matter much, can always use converter. My 32v 5A adapter won't fit in Aiyima, but a simple converter solved it.

jst

Better try to find higher sensitivity speakers instead.
Will PA speakers or Karaoke speakers qualify for that ? They have quite high sensitivity, probably because of full range driver.

sound test is at timestamp 7:06 , different amp but it's about that kind of speakers.

Here's the speakers he's using.

friarminor

Sharing. Driving my KEF LS50s using Aiyima A07 with SMPS adjusted to 44 (not 48 volts) and OpAmp replaced with LM4562. Shown here with Topping E30 and ifi iTube1. Quite loud at 9-10 volume mark with considerable amp warmth - not troubling hot.

243799062_1179219525903395_995227796771375335_n.jpg

friarminor

Cramped near field. Note that these KEF speakers are notorious for being like corrupt politicians as they are really power hungry that known integrated amps offering less than 100 watts simply can't cut it.

243791044_234101115356548_8810707781158843826_n.jpg

Top Bottom