• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Pro Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 98 52.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 21 11.2%

• Total voters

Repdetect

Forum Donor
I have my center channel (only) hooked up to an A07. Can anyone tell me if using only 1 ch on the A07 provides that channel with more power than using both the left and right channels of the A07 amp?

Thanks

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have my center channel (only) hooked up to an A07. Can anyone tell me if using only 1 ch on the A07 provides that channel with more power than using both the left and right channels of the A07 amp?

Thanks
Yes, the output power and dynamic power output will be a bit better with mono output than both channels being used at the same time.

grogi.giant

Thanks

It depends on your power supply and your speaker.

In majority of cases yes, single speaker gets more power than one out of the two. Not twice as much though.

Repdetect

Forum Donor
Thanks much Doodski and grogi.giant

an anyone direct me to any tests etc. on this topic?

dr_mick51

I recently purchased the new version of Aiyima A04. It is very similar to the A07 Pro with the exception of BT, and it uses the TPA3251 chip as the original A04.

It is nice to know that newer designs based on the TPA325X are all using the Sumida inductors (for class D amps). Anyway I proceeded to replace parts that I considered could be better:

The power Supply decoupling capacitor looks very weird. The Nichicon label does not look like the one I know, So I replaced that capacitor for a Nichicon UBY 3600uF 50V.

The output filter capacitors (Epcos MKT) were replaced by a 1uF Panasonic EWC Polypropilene capacitor and a 1nF Wima FKP 2.

I tried replacing the 4 coupling capacitors (after the opamps) but the holes are too small for Nichicon FG, KZ or Elna Silmic II. I'll see if I can find ones with thinner leads.

The 2 RCA coupling capacitors were upgraded to some big Nichicon UKZ.

The 4 opamps (the A04 does not have that 5th opamp used by the BT input) were replaced by 2 OPA1656 for the buffer and Tone control sections, and 2 OPA1612 for the differential inputs to chiptset. I soldered/assembled them myself, I noticed that those purchased from Ebay or Aliexpress seem "weirdly/suspiciously not authentic".

During amplifier reassembly, the thermal paste was replaced with a higher performance one.

I'll leave the amp running for 8 hours, but so far the upgrade worth it.

Attachments

• 20230805_170451.jpg
    20230805_170451.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 285
  • My mods.jpg
    My mods.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 20230814_130023.jpg
    20230814_130023.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 291

KaeliKoo

I recently purchased the new version of Aiyima A04. It is very similar to the A07 Pro with the exception of BT, and it uses the TPA3251 chip as the original A04.

It is nice to know that newer designs based on the TPA325X are all using the Sumida inductors (for class D amps). Anyway I proceeded to replace parts that I considered could be better:

The power Supply decoupling capacitor looks very weird. The Nichicon label does not look like the one I know, So I replaced that capacitor for a Nichicon UBY 3600uF 50V.

The output filter capacitors (Epcos MKT) were replaced by a 1uF Panasonic EWC Polypropilene capacitor and a 1nF Wima FKP 2.

I tried replacing the 4 coupling capacitors (after the opamps) but the holes are too small for Nichicon FG, KZ or Elna Silmic II. I'll see if I can find ones with thinner leads.

The 2 RCA coupling capacitors were upgraded to some big Nichicon UKZ.

The 4 opamps (the A04 does not have that 5th opamp used by the BT input) were replaced by 2 OPA1656 for the buffer and Tone control sections, and 2 OPA1612 for the differential inputs to chiptset. I soldered/assembled them myself, I noticed that those purchased from Ebay or Aliexpress seem "weirdly/suspiciously not authentic".

During amplifier reassembly, the thermal paste was replaced with a higher performance one.

I'll leave the amp running for 8 hours, but so far the upgrade worth it.
Thanks for the pics - ordered this yesterday, will be here tomorrow. Getting some good reviews on upgraded A04...

KaeliKoo

Seems to be okay, sounds very similar to new Aiyima A06 which I picked up. One use TP3251 and other TDA 9478. Was going to send it for measuring but thinking now I will return as its a higher price than similar and I prefer the smaller A06, which also has better knobs than A04. Also no midpoint indents for tone controls, which I really like to have. Was curious about this from the kickstarter run campaign. It definetely has longer case then any of my other Aiyima amps.

Birdy

I found that they have been upgrading in quality. Recently, I saw the news about their new products. I don't know if you have received the news
How can you tell that the upgrades have influence on the sound quality, beside personal subjective observation? Did you measure any change in distortion? What are your impressions about this upgrade?

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I found that they have been upgrading in quality. Recently, I saw the news about their new products. I don't know if you have received the news

Birdy

First time i see it, thanks. Lets see how it compares to V3 and 07. I run two 07, great amps love it. Had several A B and tube, this is not less.

Frank_G

Hey guys. I just picked up the a07 pro along with a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 12.3. Amp came with the 36V 6A psu. I figured this amp at least should be able to drive these speakers (they recommend 30-150W amp), but if I turn up the audio up to even medium loudness the sound cuts off completely, and when I turn it down it comes back after a few seconds. Is this normal? It's not even enough volume for casual listening. Do I need a higher psu? or a more powerful amp alltogether? Also it sounds pretty flat, but I guess I need to let the speakers burn in for some time before I can make any judgment on the audio quality. Issues persist both on BT and analog in. I'm new to hifi so any help is much appeciated.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
f I turn up the audio up to even medium loudness the sound cuts off completely, and when I turn it down it comes back after a few seconds. Is this normal?
Sounds like a protection preventing something worse. It certainly isn't normal.
A normal amp would be able to play louder and louder, into clipping, forever.
Is the Diamond 12.3 known to suck a ungodly amount of current? That could lead to the amp going into protection.

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hey guys. I just picked up the a07 pro along with a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 12.3. Amp came with the 36V 6A psu. I figured this amp at least should be able to drive these speakers (they recommend 30-150W amp), but if I turn up the audio up to even medium loudness the sound cuts off completely, and when I turn it down it comes back after a few seconds. Is this normal? It's not even enough volume for casual listening. Do I need a higher psu? or a more powerful amp alltogether? Also it sounds pretty flat, but I guess I need to let the speakers burn in for some time before I can make any judgment on the audio quality. Issues persist both on BT and analog in. I'm new to hifi so any help is much appeciated.

It does not sound sound usual at all.
If I were you:
- Try using a different set of speakers if possible to rule out speakers causing anything problematic
- A different PSU

If both above does not give you any useful indication then something might be wrong with amplifier.

Diamond 12.3 are 8 Ohm 87.5db rated speakers, this amp should be able to light these out pretty loud without any issues.

grogi.giant

No, it's broken. You can test one speaker at a time to make sure if there is not a rogue speaker...

But beyond that, don't try to debug the issue. Demand replacement of the amp, end of story.

Toku

Major Contributor
ASR has had questions similar to yours many times in the past. When using a Class D BTL amplifier, special attention must be paid to speaker wiring.

This is the first thing to check to find the cause.
Is there a speaker switcher etc. connected between the amplifier and the speaker?
Are any wires from other than the A07Max connected to the speaker terminals?

gentlejax

I have to laugh at those that cant simply appreciate things for what they are. always have to find fault in these new "toys" despite the fact that they will work for a large majority of people out there who think tiny bluetooth speakers are just fine.

my son blew the speakers out on my Samsung. he is new to music and got carried away I guess. I bought a cheap samsung soundbar/sub thing that worked but I had to make changes and for some reason I havnt been able to get it reconnected.

fast forward to now. I had a pair of old JBL ported bookshelf speakers. the woofers were dry rotted but since they came to me free from a close family member who passed , I decided to hit parts express and get some new drivers . did that and they sound great when powered by the A07 PRO I bought to run them . better than sound bar.

I was thinking about hooking up this A07 Pro to my JBL 590's towers that I run off my real amp but I dont think it would take the abuse.

But thats ok. its cheap. plays loud actually thru the bookshelves and my son wont blow up my expensive gear.

People are being silly to complain about a device that can do all this that the A07 Pro can do for under $100 and take up next to zero space.

CassilinRyan

Today, i purchase a AIYIMA A07 Pro,The A07 Pro unit is working fine, but the 3.5 mm AUX output of the A07 Pro surprisingly can be controlled by the Volume knob (same as A08 Pro), Not as the case of my two A07 units.Anyone know if this is updated?

Top Bottom