• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

Meloman

@guddu Aiyima don't mess up anything with this amplifier after incorporating 63v caps. Very good product for that price. For me, it's better than V3 from Fosi.

Meloman

Yeah, I was thinking of changing out the op-amps, but I did not want to strip out those lower case screws. They were in there extremely tight. I kinds figured that's why you did the hole-peek approach!

I think with Aiyima promoting the op-amp swap capability, those screws are a bit of a problem.
I think it's because aluminum and iron are different metals, they stick together and you can't do anything afterwards. I have quality tools, but the bolts themselves can't withstand such a load when unscrewing.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Right!

But advertising upgrade components does not mean the internet will believe it. If the social media response mirrors Fosi's with the V3 Op Amps; Aiyima will need to provide receipts proving they are not smaller value caps with 63V silk screened on them ;)
Amazon product page pics still have 50v caps, and they haven't updated anywhere about 63v caps there yet.

Personally I would not complain much about lousy social media engagements if they can keep the cost lower, from whatever they are saving by not investing more on social media advertisements and engagements, to give some of that benefit to end user.

*and one could go to cap model datasheet (if available) to find out every details if desired.

Yeah, I was thinking of changing out the op-amps, but I did not want to strip out those lower case screws. They were in there extremely tight. I kinds figured that's why you did the hole-peek approach!

I think with Aiyima promoting the op-amp swap capability, those screws are a bit of a problem.
I never had any issues, these 2 screws are tight for sure but mine come out without any much efforts.
On the other hand, these bottom screws are supposed to be a bit tighter fit to have maximum sandwiching contact for hear transfer (but don't think can compare with proper thermal bounding solutions).

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@guddu Aiyima don't mess up anything with this amplifier after incorporating 63v caps. Very good product for that price. For me, it's better than V3 from Fosi.
I wish if I had Fosi v3 to compare with my average human hearing capacity, so won't be making any comments. But I am not surprised if you liked A07 Max.
OTOH, don't want v3 lovers to start scolding me here :oops:

But I have got a Fosi ZA3 and started a separate thread to discuss it there.

Last edited:

carpman

Previously in this thread someone posted an email from Aiyima in which they claim they will be making new boards with 63V caps. Well, looks like they are already selling them. Maybe @AIYIMA can confirm.

edit: there you go, post 117:
Yes, that makes sense, as they started to appear on Amazon UK around that time, and Aiyima said they wouldn't be available on Amazon UK until they'd switched to the 63V caps.

C.

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hopefully it can get measured soon. I have 2 and I offered to send one to @amirm so hopefully he can get one soon
We have send the A07 Max to Amirm at the first time when we start to sell it, but Amirm haven't tested it.
And the A07 Max ship to Amirm is 50v caps, but now all A07 Max have updated to 63v caps.
We will also gradually change product descriptions.

BeQuietZen

I hope you changed all the 50V caps in the power line, not just the "big" ones.

Capture.JPG

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
We have send the A07 Max to Amirm at the first time when we start to sell it, but Amirm haven't tested it.
I have it unpacked and hope to test it very soon.

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
I think Aiyima did miss an opportunity by not adding a trigger in for the A07 max, especially when having the ability to run it in mono mode.
I need a small monoblock for driving a center channel and was initially considering the A07 max but I will probably end up with upcoming Fosi ZA3 which has a trigger in.
Despite that, from a functional and aesthetic standpoint, the A07 max looks better than the Fosi.
These 2 amps, while being primarily used as integrated amp, can act as small stereo/mono power amps and provide good cost/quality.

Hiten

A07 Max ship to Amirm is 50v caps, but now all A07 Max have updated to 63v caps.
Components and specification wise, what are the other differences between Aiyima A07 and Ayimima A07 max ?
Thanks.

Progronom

And the A07 Max ship to Amirm is 50v caps, but now all A07 Max have updated to 63v caps.
We will also gradually change product descriptions.
Previously it was 50V 2200 mF
Now it's 63V ???? mF

Last edited:

MCH

Major Contributor
Second one ordered, this time with the 48v PSU. Ca. 1 euro more than the 36v PSU version I ordered two weeks ago. Thinking it might be worth the 48v for mono operation according to the power charts, even though I have been checking power consumption with music at normal volume and never went above 7W lol (disclaimer: feeds a sub).

Screenshot_2023-11-23-09-13-04-13_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

Btw, they changed the marketing material:
Screenshot_2023-11-23-10-54-02-85_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

No claims about the SMD ones bequietzen mentions above though. But I don't know if those are at the PSU voltage nor I fancy to check out :)

Last edited:

tades

At this stage I suggest best fit with Fosi V3 and Aiyima A07MAX (stereo config and mono config) is Audiophonics one : 42V 8.5A

Better bass and Low Mid richness as with Fosi 48V 5A
No idea about Fosi ZA3

Mike710

I have a proof. It was hard to do without disassemble but i did it)

Attachments​

Same here, did the same test (63V caps). I used a Wuben C3 flashlight at max setting (1200 lumens). I received my unit from Amazon EU last week.

Last edited:

Meloman

Sorry guys, I don't want to say bad things about it, maybe the measurement was taken at a loud volume level. Why do we see that difference in distortion, It is a mystery.

Top Bottom