• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
You are correct that the cost is expensive for the amp and the op-amps, but the outcome you get for audio clarity and sound stage presence is unbelievable.
I'm sure that's your perception based on uncontrolled listening. Whether you'd still be able to hear it in controlled listening (so a genuinely audible effect rather than a placebo) is another matter entirely.

Progronom

People, and please look at what is written on these chips (highlighted in yellow)?

Attachments

• a07-2.jpg
    a07-2.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 265

bramsat

Too dficult to read .....but the opamps are the JRC5532D but i've cot the JRC5532DD.

space_duck

Just got my Fosi BT30D in the mail, and it turns out the amp has a mute "feature": if it detects no audio for a few seconds it will mute itself, and unmuting it takes half a second. This has already happened inbetween songs on an album, thus cutting off the start of the next song. Would be a great feature if unmuting was instant but as it is it's unacceptable.
Can anyone confirm whether or not the Aiyima A07 Max has the same design flaw? I have one in the mail already and really hope it doesn't.

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
I see you have an op amp party here,some even say to put op amps which costs more than the amp itself :facepalm:
I better say it before the brutal truth emerges for some EE's here who don't have the patience:

At best,with whichever op amp you'll get what you already have.
At worst you'll fry your speakers at some point.

Every op amp has a suitable circuit around it and everyone's is different,even if you "google" for suitable replacements to the ones which the circuit was designed in the first place.

(I'll say it again,the sole gain of these cheap amps is their price.Burn it with "upgrades" and you're left with nothing,the sum of them would get you a far nicer amp)

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I see you have an op amp party here,some even say to put op amps which costs more than the amp itself :facepalm:
I better say it before the brutal truth emerges for some EE's here who don't have the patience:

At best,with whichever op amp you'll get what you already have.
At worst you'll fry your speakers at some point.

Every op amp has a suitable circuit around it and everyone's is different,even if you "google" for suitable replacements to the ones which the circuit was designed in the first place.

(I'll say it again,the sole gain of these cheap amps is their price.Burn it with "upgrades" and you're left with nothing,the sum of them would get you a far nicer amp)
I am always in favor of replacing the opamps with the same ones if you have any doubt on the stock one's genuineness, I have did the same on Aiyima 07 (the first 07, opms were bought by my group just for testing) but it didn't do anything different we all felt the stock ones were perfectly fine.

Meloman

Temporarily have Fosi V3 with stock OP amps, he sounds a little warmer than 07 Max, also when putting the volume knob on at 10 o`clock aiyima has a disbalance in channels Fosi doesn't have it, also when turning off the amplifier knob on Fosi click differently than aiyima I think is 100% different potentiometers is used.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Temporarily have Fosi V3 with stock OP amps, he sounds a little warmer than 07 Max, also when putting the volume knob on at 10 o`clock aiyima has a disbalance in channels Fosi doesn't have it, also when turning off the amplifier knob on Fosi click differently than aiyima I think is 100% different potentiometers is used.
Take 10 potentiometers of the same type and you will have 10 different deviations.
Under no circumstances can you determine this by comparing two devices, because the deviations of the potentiometers will be different in the next devices and then it can also be the other way around.

Normal potentiometers are a matter of luck, unless they are high-quality versions that have been selected for deviations. But then they cost more than these amplifiers.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Sounds strange to me that your amplifier has such channel balance issues.
I know Amir has shown in measurements with test unit but he hasn’t mentioned it in his listening test, and neither do I have any such issues at all.

Meloman

Мені здається дивним, що ваш підсилювач має такі проблеми з балансом каналів.
Я знаю, що Амір показав у вимірюваннях із тестовою одиницею, але він не згадав про це у своєму тесті на прослуховування, і я також не маю жодних подібних проблем.
At a low volume level between 9-10 o`clock it has, I put it on 12 always and everything is fine. I have now 2 pcs Aiyima and it's the same little problem.

Meloman

Take 10 potentiometers of the same type and you will have 10 different deviations.
Under no circumstances can you determine this by comparing two devices, because the deviations of the potentiometers will be different in the next devices and then it can also be the other way around.

Normal potentiometers are a matter of luck, unless they are high-quality versions that have been selected for deviations. But then they cost more than these amplifiers.
Don`t tell me that thing, now have 2 pcs Aiyima and it's the same little problem. Fosi also now I have 2 pcs no problem with both, I think Aiyima have some part potentiometers with problems

OP
Guddu

Guddu

At a low volume level between 9-10 o`clock it has, I put it on 12 always and everything is fine. I have now 2 pcs Aiyima and it's the same little problem.
Just tried mine A07 Max with less than and equal to 9am positions and I have no balance issue. iOS spl app also isn’t showing any difference as well.
But what you are seeing isn’t ideal for any amplifier, a disappointment really

Roland68

Major Contributor
Don`t tell me that thing, now have 2 pcs Aiyima and it's the same little problem. Fosi also now I have 2 pcs no problem with both, I think Aiyima have some part potentiometers with problems
But that's 30 years of experience with a few hundred stereo and quad pots, but I'm talking about high-quality versions from the companies Alps RK27, TDK Leitplastik, etc.
But the pots used in these amplifiers are many times cheaper. Anyone can imagine what this means for the quality and synchronization of stereo.

You can be lucky or unlucky with a pot like this, it depends on the way these pots are manufactured.
And the cheaper a pot is, the greater the probability of bad luck, or great bad luck.

Meloman

But that's 30 years of experience with a few hundred stereo and quad pots, but I'm talking about high-quality versions from the companies Alps RK27, TDK Leitplastik, etc.
But the pots used in these amplifiers are many times cheaper. Anyone can imagine what this means for the quality and synchronization of stereo.

You can be lucky or unlucky with a pot like this, it depends on the way these pots are manufactured.
And the cheaper a pot is, the greater the probability of bad luck, or great bad luck.
Yes. Fosi use better quality potentiometers.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Yes. Fosi use better quality potentiometers.
If you have this information, it would be nice to share it with us. Exact name or a link to the potentiometer’s data sheet?

rafal.plk

I don't know how people's likes the unnatural sound of sparkos OP amps, it's most overpriced amps with terrible sound .Most relevant OP amps OPA 1656 and 2604,and price is very cheap for good sound. But I say many times, the MAX is the first amplifier what I can listening with stock OP amps.
“I think I would be willing to spend around $5 to find out if ‘day comes after night’.” Which one to choose for 07 max, OPA1656 or OPA2604?

Toku

Major Contributor
People, and please look at what is written on these chips (highlighted in yellow)?
The IC on the left that resembles an OP amplifier is a step-down converter IC. Generates the 12V power supply voltage that supplies the TPA3255 and the power supply voltage of the OP amplifier.
The 16-pin IC on the right is an MCU (small CPU) that controls the operation of the A07 Max.

space_duck

Received my A07 Max, quite like it. Using it as power amp for the mains in my HT, it has no issue at all pushing my Q500s to 95dB, which I am pleased with. Didn't try much louder than that as I'd like to keep my hearing.

I also think offloading the mains to a separate amp has made the AVR sound better, more "open" and dynamic, though I have no way to prove if there actually is a difference or if it's just my brain playing tricks on me. Sounds good tho.

Top Bottom