• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi ZA3 TPA3255 Mono/Stereo Switchable Amplifier, and vs Aiyima A07 Max

doug s.

The Aiyima A07 Max is poor performer....huge channels dismatch..... To put it mildly, a big design error.
If ASR tests exist it is precisely to avoid this type of error that you have just made))) :facepalm:

View attachment 349000

108db VS 88db is a huge difference for me.....
As such, if you don't see the difference or the problem with this Aiyima A07 Max, you might as well not read the tests offered by Amir....
nope, sorry - amir's sample was obviously an anomaly, re: channel balance. even if you think 1db gain difference is "huge". there's absolutely NO channel mismatch with my amps. and, i don't use their volume pots anyway - they're wide open, w/my preamp controlling the volume. imaging is dead center.

shake your head, but i made NO error - these are fantastic amps! and why should i not read these asr reviews? they're just one data point. and while 88db vs 108db sinad is a huge difference to you, since it's a difference that is totally inaudible, it's not even a tiny bit important to me.

wait for your sylph audio amps; i'm sure they will be nice. and if it makes you happy, spend more for them, because they undoubtedly will look better on paper. even if they don't sound any better.

believe me, i'm interested in measurements. it's useful to know when the measurements are good enough that no difference will be heard. ;)

doug s.

daniboun

Major Contributor
nope, sorry - amir's sample was obviously an anomaly, re: channel balance. even if you think 1db gain difference is "huge". there's absolutely NO channel mismatch with my amps. and, i don't use their volume pots anyway - they're wide open, w/my preamp controlling the volume. imaging is dead center.

shake your head, but i made NO error - these are fantastic amps! and why should i not read these asr reviews? they're just one data point. and while 88db vs 108db sinad is a huge difference to you, since it's a difference that is totally inaudible, it's not even a tiny bit important to me.

wait for your sylph audio amps; i'm sure they will be nice. and if it makes you happy, spend more for them, because they undoubtedly will look better on paper. even if they don't sound any better.

believe me, i'm interested in measurements. it's useful to know when the measurements are good enough that no difference will be heard. ;)

doug s.
In any case if you are happy with your Aiyima I hope you keep it as long as possible) It will prevent us from cutting down trees and preserving the planet :)

doug s.

In any case if you are happy with your Aiyima I hope you keep it as long as possible) It will prevent us from cutting down trees and preserving the planet :)
i agree 100%. i am extremely conscious of issues regarding the preservation of the earth's biomes. (ever hear of earth overshoot day? the circular economy? degrowth? check 'em out.) i hardly ever purchase anything new, except things like toilet paper - heh! and even then, i purchase tp sourced from 100% recycled goods. i'm in my 7th decade, and i have never purchased a new vehicle. 95% of my audio system was purchased used.

the reason i considered purchasing these new amps, was because, together, they draw ~12w at idle; replacing the (used) amps i was using that draw ~300w at idle... and, compared to typical amps, they're each about twice the size of a deck of playing cards... i suspect i will be keeping them - in use - for quite a long time.

doug s.

LSPhil

I would like to show you the meaning of 80 dB. -80dB means 100,000,000 smaller. So if I have an amplifier that delivers 1000W, the interference signal is 10μW. I don't know of any speaker that can play 10μW and also 1kW. Humans can't do that either. I can still hear 20dB and if I add my 80dB I'm at a painful 100dB. I'm afraid to think what would happen at 100dB.

T&T

I have no problems with Aiyima 07Max...I sold my Fosi V3 since 07Max sounds better with Muses02, I tried the dual akliam lc2, noisy opamp on 2 Dac and Amp, pops all the time, so not sure what is the hi on Aliexpress, any of my opamps sounds better.

doug s.

I have no problems with Aiyima 07Max...I sold my Fosi V3 since 07Max sounds better with Muses02, I tried the dual akliam lc2, noisy opamp on 2 Dac and Amp, pops all the time, so not sure what is the hi on Aliexpress, any of my opamps sounds better.
the akliam lc2 sounds very nice in my a07 max; it's quiet, no weird popping noises, etc. maybe yours was/were defective? what power supply were you using; maybe it doesn't like less than the 48v/5a supply? i haven't tried any other op amps, except the stock op amps that came w/it.

doug s.

T&T

the akliam lc2 sounds very nice in my a07 max; it's quiet, no weird popping noises, etc. maybe yours was/were defective? what power supply were you using; maybe it doesn't like less than the 48v/5a supply? i haven't tried any other op amps, except the stock op amps that came w/it.

doug s.
The pop noise is only went is power on but sparkos ss3602, Muses02, opa1656 sounds better

doug s.

The pop noise is only went is power on but sparkos ss3602, Muses02, opa1656 sounds better
i haven't heard any pops at all. interesting, re your sonic impressions; most folks seemed to prefer the lc2 over the muses02. which power supply are you using? one sparkos costs the same as the amp itself. still relatively inexpensive, in the grand scheme of things...

doug s.

Reactions: T&T

T&T

i haven't heard any pops at all. interesting, re your sonic impressions; most folks seemed to prefer the lc2 over the muses02. which power supply are you using? one sparkos costs the same as the amp itself. still relatively inexpensive, in the grand scheme of things...

doug s.
The best time to buy Sparkos is on BlackFriday, using 48v power and Geshelli akm4499 with Wiim Pro.

GabrielPhoto

I ordered this from Amazon:
But what I received was this instead :/
20240327_191210.jpg

GabrielPhoto

...and problem is? Do you think Aiyima actually makes and/or bothers to rebrand the commodity power bricks they sell? It sure looks like you got what you paid for from here -- so, what am I missing?
Is what I received the advertised GaN? Does it look like the photos and model listed at all????

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Is what I received the advertised GaN? Does it look like the photos and model listed at all????
Other people have reported a similar problem, that they had ordered the new and more expensive adapter and instead received the old one... The people doing fulfillment do not seem to see the items as distinct...

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
GaN 48v 5a for 56.99$ cannot be true, but you should query the seller. However, It seems decent price for non-GaN psu to me.
You can always send it back if you want to stick to GaN.

GabrielPhoto

GaN 48v 5a for 56.99$ cannot be true, but you should query the seller. However, It seems decent price for non-GaN psu to me.
You can always send it back if you want to stick to GaN.
Well it does add power compared to the regular and it seems other than size, I wont get much benefit from the GaN so I guess I will just move on and keep it lol

Top Bottom