• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

staticV3

Master Contributor
You call it frequency response. I didn't.
Can't have better bass and Low Mid richness without a change in frequency response.

Though a new power supply totally can change the frequency response under load if the old one could not supply enough power.

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
Is it possible to get this converted to english?
Sure is:
Screenshot_20231124-235251_Google.png Screenshot_20231124-235221_Google.png

Though comparing these slides to Amir's measurements shows some obvious flaws.
For example, the V3's crosstalk is nowhere near the claimed -41dB:
Fosi Audio V3 stereo amplifier budget Crosstalk measurement.png

Last edited:

BeQuietZen

Measurements are from one reputable Ukrainian audio forum.

Here is a link for Aiyima A07 Max thread and YouTube review.

Results with 36V / 6A PSU:
Carrier frequency of TPA3255 = 450 kHz
Load 4 Ohm = 21.5V, 115W per channel, both channels driven
Load 8 Ohm = 21.0V, 55W per channel, both channels driven
Load 4 Ohm = 22.8V, 130W, mono mode
Load 8 Ohm = 23.7V, 70W, mono mode

Unfortunately there is not much more power in mono mode, if the measurements are correct.

There is also a Fosi Audio V3 thread and corresponding YouTube review.

Results with 48V / 5A PSU:
Carrier frequency of TPA3255 = 600 kHz
Load 4 Ohm = 26.3V, 173W per channel, both channels driven
Load 8 Ohm = 30.6V, 117W per channel, both channels driven
Load 4 Ohm = 29.4V, 216W only one channel driven
Load 8 Ohm = 30.6V, 117W only one channel driven

RightMark Audio Analyzer results are already discussed in the last few posts (more details in YT videos).

IMHO, Fosi V3 is still the best commercial TPA3255 non-PFFB amp to beat, especially with its superb 48V/5A PSU that has almost 8 amps of peak power (usability and extra functions aside). :)

3eaudio

Audio Company
these amp are voltage output type,output power depend on load,mono mode can reduce output stage power disspation but not double like SE to BTL config.

tades

This is why 32 or 36 are less performant than 42 or 48.
After curent is important and on 4 or 8 Ohms load, 8,5A will deliver more then 5A even if voltage is only 42V.
Very good value for money for this Audiophonics 42V 8,5A PS I mentionned earlier.
Worth thé test

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yes that's right....the Aiyima A07 MAX sound's better.....sorry Fosi boy's.:facepalm:
Ordered the A07 Max today, can't wait! Every owner of the former A07 says the same thing, big improvement in sound quality with a fuller and warmer sound, more punch too. I have the 32 and 36 power bricks from Aiyima already but in my experience the 36v is best. I will team this little power amp up with the Aiyima T10 which is also a nice little unit with plenty of sonic goodies. Those 63v Nichicon caps are looking good! Cyber Monday people!
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 21.59.19.png

Last edited:
OP
Guddu

Guddu

Ordered the A07 Max today, can't wait! Every owner of the former A07 says the same thing, big improvement in sound quality with a fuller and warmer sound, more punch too. I have the 32 and 36 power bricks from Aiyima already but in my experience the 36v is best. I will team this little power amp up with the Aiyima T10 which is also a nice little unit with plenty of sonic goodies. Those 63v Nichicon caps are looking good! Cyber Monday people!View attachment 329898
Which speakers are you going to pair it with?
I would expect more like neutral less- fatigue overall presentation, rather than heavier bass and upper-mids for warmer type presentation.

Schlippwhip68

Which speakers are you going to pair it with?
I would expect more like neutral less- fatigue overall presentation, rather than heavier bass and upper-mids for warmer type presentation.
Monitor Audio Bronze 200 floorstanders. 88db, well balanced speaker imo.

Schlippwhip68

I heard that the Muses 02 is a very suitable match for this amp. Has anyone tried them or maybe the Muses 01 op amps? If so were you pleased or not with the results?

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Hello. I own AIYIMA A08 PRO. Is A07 MAX ‘better’ in terms of components / sound quality?
I don’t know why would you take my advice on this, but if you do and if you have got 100$ spare then just get A07 Max.
Amazon will have good return period safety, but I highly doubt one would return this amplifier unless get a really broken piece.

Toku

Major Contributor
Hello. I own AIYIMA A08 PRO. Is A07 MAX ‘better’ in terms of components / sound quality?
The two models use the same amplifier chip, so the sound trends are similar.
Only you can decide which one is better. The A07 Max's power supply is the same as the A08Pro, so we recommend purchasing the cheapest A07 Max model without a power supply and comparing them. That experience will never be wasted.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

I don’t know why would you take my advice on this, but if you do and if you have got 100$ spare then just get A07 Max.
Amazon will have good return period safety, but I highly doubt one would return this amplifier unless get a really broken piece.
I also should have added that if you tend to prefer a slightly more bass and upper-mid presentation then ZA3 is fantastic amplifier.
For a more perceived neutral presentation, A07 Max.

Top Bottom