• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 92 20.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 347 76.1%

• Total voters

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I do not believe manufacturers are allowed to donate to the forum.

It's the converse: some manufacturers are already forum donors, and I believe @amirm has been considering making donation mandatory for manufacturers (and dealers?) who wish to participate here, to help pay for the measurements and to level that playing field.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Neither. A non-admin making a suggestion on a private forum, with zero negative consequences to the poster threatened or implied, isn't remotely close to censorship or cancel culture.

It's called adults interacting and sharing their perspectives.

Goodness, free-speech warriors have become such snowflakes these days. It's a real problem with our culture.

mcdn

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It appears to be stand by after 10 mins...

View attachment 361524

However it's mentioned many times in this earlier thread as auto on/off;

The amp shows "auto";

View attachment 361526

@Fosi Audio, please clarify, as a number of members have asked earlier in the thread.

JSmith
Yes but it’s got nothing to do with the TPA3255, it’s a separate circuit

Reactions: MGP

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's the converse: some manufacturers are already forum donors, and I believe @amirm has been considering making donation mandatory for manufacturers (and dealers?) who wish to participate here, to help pay for the measurements and to level that playing field.
That is going to invite criticism and speculation of conflicts-of-interest.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That is going to invite criticism and speculation of conflicts-of-interest.

Yes, we already had this discussion in another thread - apologies, I can't remember which one at the moment. Manufacturers/dealers have been donating for some time apparently, so making all of them do so does eliminate the possibility of claiming that donors are getting preferential treatment over non-donors in reviews. But of course there's the larger issue which is the suspicion of favorable reviews for donations in general - although from looking at Amir's many shrugging and broken panther reviews it's hard to sustain that objection. :)

(Seriously, though, I do understand the issue, and so there's no need to persuade me.)

Ze Frog

Liam,

I have are a very particular set of skills. Skills acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you buy a poorly priced amplifier that'll be the end of it. I will look for you, I'll test your amplifier and I will kill you.

:D
Lol, it would make a great spoof movie.

Carlton80@0

The amp torture testing has yet to begin/be done and so don't get too far ahead of yourself here. There is a reason Hypex and Purifi are more money and bigger.
I would be delighted to run the cute little monos in a test of low impedance performance with the amp killing Apogee Scintilla. Although many amps baulk at the driving requirements of the 1 ohm load. I would not be surprised if it was able to play at a reasonable level before protection kicks in.

Abstracted

@amirm How well does the auto on work? In your opinion is it an adequate replacement for a 12v trigger?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, we already had this discussion in another thread - apologies, I can't remember which one at the moment. Manufacturers/dealers have been donating for some time apparently, so making all of them do so does eliminate the possibility of claiming that donors are getting preferential treatment over non-donors in reviews. But of course there's the larger issue which is the suspicion of favorable reviews for donations in general - although from looking at Amir's many shrugging and broken panther reviews it's hard to sustain that objection. :)

(Seriously, though, I do understand the issue, and so there's no need to persuade me.)
It has (I think) primarily been done because all forum members are required to be a donor in order to sell in the classifieds sections.

It doesn't seem fair that members must donate in order to sell, but manufacturers are allowed to undertake sales activities without donating.

While some people might think this brings a whiff of bias to reviews, I don't think Amir is going to compromise his integrity for the sake of $25 per year.

andreas_R

What is the maximum output power that the Fosi amplifier can deliver before clipping when driving the NAD T758 V3i?

Ze Frog

What is the maximum output power that the Fosi amplifier can deliver before clipping when driving the NAD T758 V3i?
Isn't that a surround processor? Wouldn't that be driving the Fosi?

andreas_R

Isn't that a surround processor? Wouldn't that be driving the Fosi?
Perhaps I didn't phrase it correctly. Knowing that the pre-outs of the NAD might not be the best, the question is how compatible the NAD is with the Fosi amplifier. I'm a new user and not familiar with the technical aspects.

staticV3

Master Contributor
NAD does not specify to maximum output voltage of the T58 V3i's Pre outs.

It is therefore not possible to predict how much power the Fosi will be able to output.

If you'd like, you can pretty easily measure the NAD's output voltage yourself using a basic multimeter and the 60Hz test tone attached below.

Attachments

• Sine_60_0_dBFS_44k_PCM16_01.flac (2).zip
    331.9 KB · Views: 22

PlasticDoc

See how it's a suggestion? A suggestion to help the poster stop self owning as a bit of a dick.

I see, a poster that is now defined as a dick that needs to be stopped... so it does indeed seem to be Cancel culture.
  • Cancel culture: "a cultural phenomenon in which some who are deemed to have acted or spoken in an unacceptable manner are ostracized, boycotted, or shunned."
  • Shun: "often implies an avoiding as a matter of habitual practice or policy and may imply repugnance or abhorrence."
So, once again: "Be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others."

oceansize

Forum Donor
I see, a poster that is now defined as a dick that needs to be stopped... so it does indeed seem to be Cancel culture.
  • Cancel culture: "a cultural phenomenon in which some who are deemed to have acted or spoken in an unacceptable manner are ostracized, boycotted, or shunned."
  • Shun: "often implies an avoiding as a matter of habitual practice or policy and may imply repugnance or abhorrence."
So, once again: "Be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others."
Has this happened? It doesn't appear so to me. So...

Goodness, free-speech warriors have become such snowflakes these days. It's a real problem with our culture.
It does seems so.

Anyway, back to our regular scheduled discussion on the Fosi amp...

PlasticDoc

It's a real problem with our culture.
It does seems so.

Anyway, back to our regular scheduled discussion on the Fosi amp...
Without a clear definition of what 'our culture' means, I would suggest that the issue lies with your Cancel culture.
This goes into the hermeneutics of the so called Cancel culture, so, based on the available evidence, it appears that the responsibility for censoring other forum members' opinions appears to lie solely with the Fosi V3 mono pffb hardware.

Schollaudio

Lol. Sorry. Let me retry:

This looks awesome. A $139 amp landing close to the middle of the blue zone is incredible. What more could one ask for?....

Well, just one simple thing - an Amp + PSU combo in the same chassis. I'd happily pay the extra cost for the slightly bigger enclosure.
One that can use 70V PSU.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Without a clear definition of ...
I, too, sometimes come to this forum with the sole intention of stirring things up.
We are one, brother!
1711889420315840.png

Top Bottom