• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello Wiim support, now that wiim support mqa core, and since I have mqa dac that support optical renderer will it be able to fully unfold mqa? As is stand right now, I don’t see it going more than 96khz.

Smartplug

Blue sound is releasing the Powernode edge for $649, hopefully that means they will be releasing a cheaper Node...
I do prefer to support a non Chinese company when possible.
You do realize that node makes a huge profit margin on each item they sell. If you look at their forum, they had issue as well. Do they support AM music cast other than their own app like wiim? I don’t know any developers out there that can produce so much features on short period of time at very affordable price. I will be buying their up coming wiim pro and any product that comes after the pro. Thanks Wiim, you’re the greatest!

thomasward00

Power node with built in amp?
Yes, Streamer, DAC and 40wpc amp...
Blue sound realizes that they must release more price completive products...
And since it's only $50 more than a node, you can rest assured they will release a cheaper streamer.

egbx

Hi Egbx, our engineers found the root cause. We have the fade-in and out for AM that we should disable it for the gapless playback. The gap that you're hearing is due to the fading. We'll fix it in our next firmware release (in early next week). Please stay tuned!

Thank you and other community members for helping us to troubleshoot this. Our apologies for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Awesome, thanks. And much respect for your willingness to tackle the problem, and for keeping up the open communication in this forum. My comments and complaints are only in hope that the product becomes as good as it can be. Good luck on this endeavor.

eduardo

Brantome

Major Contributor
As a product support member from LinkPlay, I should give our best service in whatever places w/o bringing anything else that's unrelated to the product. But seeing this type of message in this well respected forum repeatedly just hurts (to say the least). If you look at LinkPlay's founder members and our core teams, we're global company and many of us are living in the Bay area and EU, also the company is headquartered in the Bay Area. By saying this, we're not shy of admitting many of our team are Chinese and we're very proud of that. By the end of the day, I hope the product and service that we bring to community defines who we're, not by where we're born or our ethnic. Thank you!
Well said, xenophobia is never welcome. Keep up the good work :)

mediocrebutarrogant

Hi Brantome, mediocrebutarrogant

One possible reason is the pair of WiiM Mini and your DAC can't handle the 88.2k Hz audio output well. We do observe in our lab that some DAC receiver can't handle the 88.2k though they can handle 44.1k, 48k, 96k even 192k well but not 88.2k and 176.4k. We'll add one option to resample this to 96k or 192k in future. When the pair has the issue to handle 88.2k or 176.4k, we can turn on this option. Hope this clarifies.
Hey wiim support, you guys are brilliant! My topping E50 handles flac upto 192 perfectly on the wiim , so this is not a dac issue.

Raver

Seems we now have the 10 band peq on Android well done Wiim. On another note I am getting gapless playback from the Wiim Home app with the inbuilt DAC on the Denon 600NE

morillon

Major Contributor
Will there one day be a possibility of peq and not a eq had long been "suggested" "promised" by wiim?
or the hardware structure in the end will never allow it on the mini version?

Smartplug

Hi, with this latest MQA update could you tell me how it works with Wiim's internal dac too?
Thank you
Just switch to Aux out. I’m having problem of stuttering on mqa using external dac.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Will there one day be a possibility of peq and not a eq had long been "suggested" "promised" by wiim?
or the hardware structure in the end will never allow it on the mini version?
Yeah, they’ve not abandoned plans for a PEQ, but it may be a while away

morillon

Major Contributor
Yeah, they’ve not abandoned plans for a PEQ, but it may be a while away
ok
ps
the opportunity to observe something interesting...
listening to delicate things..
what do you observe between the eq off mode and "flat"?

Last edited:

Brantome

Major Contributor
ok
ps
the opportunity to observe something interesting...
listening to delicate things..
what do you observe between the eq off mode and "flat"?
Haven't compared them tbh, but have you seen WiiM's explanation of the different EQ modes here?

morillon

Major Contributor
they actually ended up settling it a few months ago...
but my question was more about the impact on the sound side now...

Merifon

they actually ended up settling it a few months ago...
but my question was more about the impact on the sound side now...
the tests I did lasted no more than 30 seconds. I have not noticed any differences but I have not paid much attention to them except for the level, since in any case I leave EQ off...

Last edited:
Top Bottom