• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denafrips Arce Streamer or WiiM Pro Plus?

Graham849

Forum Donor

trondav

I placed an order for the Denafrips Acre today. As I use Roon only for all my streaming this product seems to be a very nice one for my use below USD 1.000,-. It has all I need. Take a look at the video from Alvin at Denafrips. He explains in details who and what their product is for:

winnor

Denafrips Arce with ROON with HQPLAYER as Streamer external to the Pontus 12th-1 sounds great, the software features really need to be improved, currently far behind Wiim, may need to spend six months, a year to see the evolution of the manufacturer's software.

Sound_freq

The Arce may never see the light of day, they are moving too slow, and when it does actually come to fruition, it will be so outmatched in terms of features and functionality by the competition that it's really only a product for Denafrips cheerleaders.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A $1,000 streamer. What did the circus guy Barnum once say?

kchap

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can the WiiM Pro+ I mount/connect to an SMB file share? I looked at the specs and got the impression that was not supported.

Edit: I've asked ask ed this question in the wrong thread. Ignore it.

Grovkalle

Arce - what a funny name! I can imagine a scottish accent saying "I'll be streaming it through my Arce"
Going to be interesting to compare the Arce with the upcoming Wiim Ultra.
Arce not supporting neither Tidal nor Spotify connect seems like a total waste of a good product and for those money
I think I rather look at Volumio Rivo or Holo Red.

Top Bottom