• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Jpdelaney.tml

Alexa Multi-room rebuilt, now all speakers working. Amazon Music app says UHD . Is it really on the Mini speaker?(amp).

Jpdelaney.tml

Here is a pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-143000.png
    Screenshot_20220618-143000.png
    799.1 KB · Views: 146

Brantome

Major Contributor
Alexa Multi-room rebuilt, now all speakers working. Amazon Music app says UHD . Is it really on the Mini speaker?(amp).
No, the amazon music app is showing the track, not playing, quality. If you look at the Alexa App, it’ll only show as HD and that’s all that will be getting fed to your WiiM Mini/ amp if it’s in a MRM group with run of the mill echo devices as per my previous posts.

Last edited:

NoWorries

The initial beta was just casting, but with the latest it's both. However, as has been mentioned, why would you want to use the WiiM app as the Amazon Music app has so much more functionality.? Or you can ask Alexa :)
How are you casting from the Amazon Music app? I can't figure out why the Wiim doesn't show as an optional device. My Alexa and Firestick are there but no Wiim?

Jpdelaney.tml

Alexa mp3, mini UHD. Your comment is true. Polk's are mp3 streaming.......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-220734.png
    Screenshot_20220618-220734.png
    794.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20220618-220631.png
    Screenshot_20220618-220631.png
    803.1 KB · Views: 97

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So far Amazon hd using wiim app and amazon music cast working great. Pretty much only the certification is left to fulfill. I’m excited their next mission is tidal master. Stay tuned!!

Brantome

Major Contributor
How are you casting from the Amazon Music app? I can't figure out why the Wiim doesn't show as an optional device. My Alexa and Firestick are there but no Wiim?
Have you signed in to Alexa in the WiiM app? Does the Mini show under Echo&Alexa devices in the Alexa app?

NoWorries

Have you signed in to Alexa in the WiiM app? Does the Mini show under Echo&Alexa devices in the Alexa app?
Bingo! No, I had not signed into Alexa on the Wiim app. I had everything except Amazon Music hidden from when I first got it. Working now from Amazon Music app! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

AyGee

The weekend is almost over and I did not get a change to test Amazon UHD.
Still on FW 430, although I sent a request on friday and ask, if I could be added to the Beta list. No reply at all. I am a bit disapointed. :confused:

thomasward00

Still on FW 430, although I sent a request on friday and ask, if I could be added to the Beta list. No reply at all. I am a bit disapointed. :confused:
I'm still on 0352

Music1969

Major Contributor

Given you sent a request on Friday and today is Sunday, I think it's more reasonable to give them the working week to reply...

And if they are still wanting to keep beta group to a small group (but bigger than the 1st lot) then people will just have to wait.

The good news is the beta is working really well. I've tried to break it and can't. So I expect a public release very soon.

thomasward00

Amazon UHD should be their top priority, they are by far the largest High Res streaming service...
If they can get Qobuz right, Amazon should be also.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Amazon UHD should be their top priority, they are by far the largest High Res streaming service...
I think it is - however dealing with Amazon is a completely different kettle of fish to dealing with Qobuz, and I’d argue a different level of complexity.

Update: see the comments here from the software director at Naim Audio - I’d argue implementing Qobuz is like implementing lossy Amazon Music which WiiM has had from day one, while implementing lossless thru the MRM model which WiiM is now doing is another matter entirely with “certification that is really tough”

Last edited:

Smartplug

In the next coming weeks, they will be working on tidal master. It’s unfinished work. We will be expecting wiim app that will support master as well as first unfold.

morillon

Major Contributor
amazon on the sites in French they announce 7 million titles (out of 90million...) ...not 10%
including how many in really native hd? and even more.. interesting titles in those in "hd native" ?
;-)

"jusqu'à 24 bits, 192 kHz"
"up to 24 bit, 192 kHz"
48 to 192k

Last edited:

Smartplug

Wiim not only is affordable that most can afford but their superior software and firmware development are world class beating big manufacturers. Soon, wiim will take the market by storm leaving expensive streamer to dust. I will be linkplay forever loyal fan and buying their future product.

Smartplug

When I send them email within wiim, I get an answer within 12 hours atlist. Maybe I’m very good looking I get a priority!

ClassicGuy

Okay, time to get back to "my" first world concerns.... UHD Alexa multi-room with mini included. Currently, with the Mini included in speaker group, all play except mini :(. Home app no help :(, . Used to at least put out [email protected]. re did group and appears to work.

AFAIK Alexa multi-room is achieved via Bluetooth? You have the main Echo device as the master, which sends music data to the other devices in the group via Bluetooth.

If that's the case, not sure how Wiim Mini would work in this context.

Top Bottom