• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Jpdelaney.tml

There you have it folks, Wiim Mini Home App doing AM-UHD. Cheers to Wiim!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-055913.png
    Screenshot_20220618-055913.png
    770.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20220618-055913.png
    Screenshot_20220618-055913.png
    770.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_20220618-055529.png
    Screenshot_20220618-055529.png
    1 MB · Views: 163

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
When I sent them email saying that they will release the beta amazon hd, it was released as promised. Now it’s weekend we have new features to enjoy.

Music1969

Major Contributor
WiiM's releases are generally staggered.

And remember majority WiiM Mini are not here on this thread...

This might be a public release or could be a second slightly larger group beta release.

Either way, I can confirm casting Amazon UHD has worked flawless yesterday and today for me. I can't break it, no matter what I try

Smartplug

I hope tidal master can be played on wiim apps instead of tidal connect. Also, if they can do the first unfold or pass mqa to dac to get it all the way to 192khz.

AyGee

Try a factory reset, it will make direct update search without waiting on specific time frame where they update usually occur.
I just tried did. Unfortunatly this did not help. It said after finding the "new" device, that it checked the firmware and it is up to date (430). :(

Music1969

Major Contributor
I hope tidal master can be played on wiim apps instead of tidal connect. Also, if they can do the first unfold or pass mqa to dac to get it all the way to 192khz.
First unfold means either 88.2k or 96k (unfold 44.1/48 once)

Why don't you like Tidal Connect?

Going from Tidal app user interface, to inside WiiM Home is going backwards in time by 10 years.

Smartplug

First unfold means either 88.2k or 96k (unfold 44.1/48 once)

Why don't you like Tidal Connect?

Going from Tidal app user interface, to inside WiiM Home is going backwards in time by 10 years.
I like to have both like what they did on amazon hd. I also went to the thread of ifi stream, all I been reading are nothing but problems. In fact, I have the unit but guess which one I’m using and which one just collecting dust?

Merifon

It's strange, I found wiim like just did update, with the prompt of change but it shows the same (430) as before...

murzik

WiiM's releases are generally staggered.

And remember majority WiiM Mini are not here on this thread...

This might be a public release or could be a second slightly larger group beta release.

Either way, I can confirm casting Amazon UHD has worked flawless yesterday and today for me. I can't break it, no matter what I try
Is it casting UHD from Amazon app or we must use WIIM app? or both?

Brantome

Major Contributor
Is it casting UHD from Amazon app or we must use WIIM app? or both?
The initial beta was just casting, but with the latest it's both. However, as has been mentioned, why would you want to use the WiiM app as the Amazon Music app has so much more functionality.? Or you can ask Alexa :)

morillon

Major Contributor
for those using modestly wiim home and changing a little from the amazon hd alexa etc. ;-)
could we take stock of the latest news from wiim home
beta search and beta recently played?
;-)
for my part under android the search mode seems to work without bug
but the recently...search mode does not seem to be able to return to the tracks already listened to...
when is he with you?
;-)

Jpdelaney.tml

Maxed out bitrate, sounds great! Yahoo!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-085627.png
    Screenshot_20220618-085627.png
    798.1 KB · Views: 113

Smartplug

The initial beta was just casting, but with the latest it's both. However, as has been mentioned, why would you want to use the WiiM app as the Amazon Music app has so much more functionality.? Or you can ask Alexa :)
I like flexibility that can do both on all streaming services. Eventually at the end of this year most features will be incorporated. Who knows wiim may release new product that has more features such as coax and usb output. I will be buying their future product if there’s a wiim version 2

Jpdelaney.tml

Okay, time to get back to "my" first world concerns.... UHD Alexa multi-room with mini included. Currently, with the Mini included in speaker group, all play except mini :(. Home app no help :(, . Used to at least put out [email protected]. re did group and appears to work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-143000.png
    Screenshot_20220618-143000.png
    799.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
I like flexibility that can do both on all streaming services. Eventually at the end of this year most features will be incorporated. Who knows wiim may release new product that has more features such as coax and usb output. I will be buying their future product if there’s a wiim version 2
Yeah, if they release a product with the same hardware quality as the Audioengine B-Fi and add a coaxial output, I'm in. I think the B-Fi goes for < $200, which would kill the Bluesound Node and Sonos Port if it had the bit-perfect WiiM firmware, and perhaps a better DAC. Oh, and Roon support, lol.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Okay, time to get back to "my" first world concerns.... UHD Alexa multi-room with mini included. Currently, with the Mini included in speaker group, all play except mini :(. Home app no help :(, . Used to at least put out [email protected].
On the latest beta 420352, it works for me - I have an echo plus, gen 2 show (with lyrics :) ), two gen 3 dots and the WiiM Mini all playing in a MRM group, but only at HD as that’s what all devices in the group support - as mentioned previously the WiiM MIni won’t support UHD in a MRM group unless all the other devices also support that too.

Smartplug

I’m enjoying my weekend on the right timing of the release of amazon uhd. Thanks to wiim and their hard work. I don’t know a company who does so much for such low cost. The idea of making a profit by selling a product at most people can afford even a low margin but sell them by million of quantities.

Top Bottom