• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL DS100

firewrath9

Anyone seen any reviews, know how this is? looking for something small and compact for college.

staticV3

Master Contributor

audiofun

The product looks interesting but they didn't spec the headphone out power.
Looks like a cheaper version of M300SE but lacks remote and XLR balanced output.
It would be easy to convert SE to BAL with just a matching resistor, but the product spec also didn't mention its output impedance:(

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i again question why this product exists and why other products FROM THE SAME COMPANY cant do a cheaper and more fully feautered job

this unit lacks bluetooth as well

also its not a 'portable music player' at all

its neither portable nor can it play music by itself

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
On Amazon you can get a used with warranty SMSL C200 for $109 and it's better in every way. I have two of them and as a DAC it's great to have the amp function as a backup plan in case an amplifier fails, least you have something ready to go.

OP
F

firewrath9

On Amazon you can get a used with warranty SMSL C200 for $109 and it's better in every way. I have two of them and as a DAC it's great to have the amp function as a backup plan in case an amplifier fails, least you have something ready to go.
Hi, I only see an amazon for $165 for the C200, can't find any used ones. Do you mind dropping a link? Thanks

OP
F

firewrath9

The product looks interesting but they didn't spec the headphone out power.
Looks like a cheaper version of M300SE but lacks remote and XLR balanced output.
It would be easy to convert SE to BAL with just a matching resistor, but the product spec also didn't mention its output impedance:(
yah its $40 less than the m300 se, but im wondering how it compares and if they are any issues or not. Balanced is not a big deal to me and I have heard of some problems with the m300 se. Thanks

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
also they are doing the DL100 which is probably the same architecture ie. i bet they are slab copying some of the schematics

this one should like $149 given its in the shell of the DL200 so more features

Top Bottom