• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rythmik L12 Subwoofer Review

Anyone know why the Rythmik L22 were discontinued? Doesn't appear to be a successor on their page either.
Check the Rythmik thread on AVS; pretty sure Brian discussed it there. I do not remember the reasoning. https://www.avsforum.com/threads/official-rythmik-audio-subwoofer-thread.1214550/#post-17875554 I have not figured out their search function (do not visit as often as I used to).
Well I don’t know, but cost containment is usually the driving force in situations like this. Their drivers are custom made, in house, I believe. Could be they didn’t sell enough units to give workable economy of scale. Dual 15 or single 18 is probably enough for most domestic applications. Some folks would rather do two or more 18’s placed in different locations vs a single 22. And not as many people have the space for a 22, too.
The L22 is (was) two 12" drivers stacked vertically to provide greater output with a smaller footprint. It is not a 22" driver. The largest driver Rythmik offers is 18".

@enricoclaudio might know? Maybe wasn't selling enough to keep stock of these large cabinets. Personally, I would pick two individual 12"s over a dual. Better options for placement to address room nulls.

L22 never sold well. Most American customers want big and large subwoofers. Then we started offering E22 with HX800XLR3 amp and dual DS1204 aluminum cone drivers. At the same time we were also offering the G22 which is the baby brother of the G25HP with the same components of the E22. So we discontinued the L22 and kept the E22 and G22. 4 months ago only G22 was selling so we decided to discontinue the E22 too. Honestly, it’s unfortunate as I personally have a L22 in my home office and a pair of E22s in my bedroom setup and I find them to be the best subwoofers for mix use of movies and music in mid sized rooms. I also have a pair of G22s in my living room setup which I consider the most accurate subwoofers we sell for only music systems. So for anybody looking for a L22 or E22 replacement, I would recommend the G22 or the E15HP2.

Why does anyone in their right mind need what you describe?
Your question seems rhetorical, i.e., no answer expected. But I’m not sure what you’re referring to. Obviously, I was mistaken about what an L22 is, but I don’t think that’s what you were saying in your post. So, either you are saying no one would use something like a 22” driver, or multiple distributed 18”, neither of which is true in all cases, I believe. If your room is big enough, you may feel you need them.

Check the Rythmik thread on AVS; pretty sure Brian discussed it there. I do not remember the reasoning. https://www.avsforum.com/threads/official-rythmik-audio-subwoofer-thread.1214550/#post-17875554 I have not figured out their search function (do not visit as often as I used to).

The L22 is (was) two 12" drivers stacked vertically to provide greater output with a smaller footprint. It is not a 22" driver. The largest driver Rythmik offers is 18".
Thank you. I obviously wasn’t understanding correctly.

L22 never sold well. Most American customers want big and large subwoofers. Then we started offering E22 with HX800XLR3 amp and dual DS1204 aluminum cone drivers. At the same time we were also offering the G22 which is the baby brother of the G25HP with the same components of the E22. So we discontinued the L22 and kept the E22 and G22. 4 months ago only G22 was selling so we decided to discontinue the E22 too. Honestly, it’s unfortunate as I personally have a L22 in my home office and a pair of E22s in my bedroom setup and I find them to be the best subwoofers for mix use of movies and music in mid sized rooms. I also have a pair of G22s in my living room setup which I consider the most accurate subwoofers we sell for only music systems. So for anybody looking for a L22 or E22 replacement, I would recommend the G22 or the E15HP2.

That's too bad. I did come across an old thread somewhere, where you indicated you got L22, so I thought they must be pretty good then and seemed like they'd be good value.

In summary, would there be an order of superiority between L22, E22 (both now discontinued) and G22? And what makes you consider the G22 the most accurate for only music systems? What about L12?

Also, in what cases would G22 be better and in what cases would E15HP2 be better?

I absolutely love my E22 with custom cabinets from Salk Sound.
The form factor is great because they are tall and slim for a sub.

- Rich

I absolutely love my E22 with custom cabinets from Salk Sound.
The form factor is great because they are tall and slim for a sub.

- Rich
Your E22s are gorgeous. BTW, Jim Salk is retiring and closing shop soon so if you need something build by Jim, do it now or never.

Why does anyone in their right mind need what you describe?
What aspect are you questioning -- multi-sub?

It's not needed unless you need/want improved bass distribution among multiple seating locations, increased output and headroom, reduced localization, better integration, flexibility in subwoofer placement, smoother frequency response and reduced distortion.

What aspect are you questioning -- multi-sub?

It's not needed unless you need/want improved bass distribution among multiple seating locations, increased output and headroom, reduced localization, better integration, flexibility in subwoofer placement, smoother frequency response and reduced distortion.
Gee, I didn't know that. I don't need two 15 or 18 inch subwoofers.

Your E22s are gorgeous. BTW, Jim Salk is retiring and closing shop soon so if you need something build by Jim, do it now or never.

I wish Rythmik would offer more cabinet choices. Unfortunately the wife has a say in how my next sub looks.

Please tell me where you can get a service manual with diagrams for Rythmik Audio L12. Burned out, the service needs a manual, I couldn't find it anywhere((

Please tell me where you can get a service manual with diagrams for Rythmik Audio L12. Burned out, the service needs a manual, I couldn't find it anywhere((
Email or call Rythmik (Enrico or Brian). The amplifier is a custom design to handle the feedback loop for the servo circuit.

Back
Top Bottom