• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

No Longer Posting Erin's Reviews here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not wanting to start any drama. Just want to know if there is an official position on posting threads here anymore when one of Erin's reviews come out? Haven't seen threads for his last couple reviews. Simply trying to know if I'll need to also check his page periodically now or if I can wait until they show up here (which is more convenient). Again, no drama please, just a simple question I hope.

staticV3

Master Contributor
This thread contains the whole debacle I believe:

Though I haven't read it entirely, the gist seems to be that there's beef between Amir and Erin and despite that, user @thewas consistently posted Erin's reviews on Amir's site to the point where he was accused of acting in Erin's interest to increase traffic to Erin's site, and somewhere down the line @thewas was either asked to stop, or decided to stop to avoid further drama.

(If that was in any way misrepresentative, then I apologize and by all means please correct me!)

prestigetone

You can't post video reviews of his. My last one of his was removed and I wanted feedback because it was cardioid. By the time the text review came out, I didn't think it was worth the trouble if it was going to get taken down. Seems like unnecessary censorship and throwing valuable data out with the bathwater.

OP
C

cavedriver

ok, so maybe a clarification - if someone posts just the text portion of the reviews (graphs and summary, the only parts I read anyway) it might be ok?

USER

Forum Donor
ok, so maybe a clarification - if someone posts just the text portion of the reviews (graphs and summary, the only parts I read anyway) it might be ok?
That's what's been happening and I don't see why you should feel restricted from starting a thread and doing so. My guess is that there has been a slowdown because of fatigue from the Tekton incident and also a lack of interest in some of the newer reviews. There has been a marked increase of output from Erin, which is awesome, but that also means that there will be more reviews that don't pique the overall interest of the community here.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can't post video reviews of his. My last one of his was removed and I wanted feedback because it was cardioid. By the time the text review came out, I didn't think it was worth the trouble if it was going to get taken down. Seems like unnecessary censorship and throwing valuable data out with the bathwater.

We can ask the mods for clarification, but I believe the rule here is that if you post a link to a video, the poster also has to provide a summary.

USER

Forum Donor
We can ask the mods for clarification, but I believe the rule here is that if you post a link to a video, the poster also has to provide a summary.
I mean Amir was very clear about this in his last post in that KEF thread.

"The ban would be for any monetized links. You will still be able to discuss his reviews, show images of his measurements with linking, etc."

The problem is that threads become about censorship rather quickly, get out of control, and are then shut down. This thread is going in that direction and it's not fair to blame ASR for that as everything is clear.

The rule is simple: no monetized links.

Addendum:

If Erin wants there to be a better chance at overlapping engagement here at ASR all he has to do is publish his graphs at the time of the video release. He doesn't because he wants extra income from patreon. That's fine but it is not Amir's problem. A lot of people here whine waaaaay too much.

Last edited:
OP
C

cavedriver

"The ban would be for any monetized links. You will still be able to discuss his reviews, show images of his measurements with linking, etc."

The problem is that threads become about censorship rather quickly, get out of control, and are then shut down. This thread is going in that direction and it's not fair to blame ASR for that as everything is clear.

Addendum:

If Erin wants there to be a better chance at overlapping engagement here at ASR all he has to do is publish his graphs at the time of the video release. He doesn't because he wants extra income from patreon. That's fine but it is not Amir's problem. A lot of people here whine waaaaay too much.
I think I remember reading that post a while back, but with all the responses buried in threads I wasn't sure if it was the final word.

For the record, if this is the policy, I'm perfectly happy if a mod closes this thread right now. Again, not wanting the drama, just policy. Thanks.

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
This ^^^. If you just post a video without any context or explanation/introduction about what in the video you wish to discuss, it just looks like Video link spam for redirect hits. Amir and ASR is not here to promote other sites. If the video/link leads to Any advertisement it will be removed.

USER

Forum Donor
I think I remember reading that post a while back, but with all the responses buried in threads I wasn't sure if it was the final word.

For the record, if this is the policy, I'm perfectly happy if a mod closes this thread right now. Again, not wanting the drama, just policy. Thanks.
That post is on the last page. The timing of the thread closure is not coincidental and was made to further make that post clear. And the policy has been clear for years. There is only so much hand-holding the mods can do. Come on, guys.

(I know you mean well, so please don't read this as angry.)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Addendum:

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom