• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NEWS: monolith amp with Hypex amplification!

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I was told by Emotiva that the XMC-1 is running a different version so it won't work. I've tried using windows VM software but that only works on Intel chips not Apple's proprietary ones. Such is life. It was a great sounding processor otherwise, just got tired of some of the bugs for HDMI and lack of surround formats. Here's to hoping someone sells their Trinnov for half price in the near future!
Well that is silly. What about running BootCamp? or Parallels (cost of $99)? Parallels should work on both intel and apple chips.

Last edited:

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok guys, Monoprice NC502MP on sale for $2,149 and NC252MP for $1699. Looks to be the "new" price not a sale.

Apparently, the Monoprice NC502MP sale is over and price back to $2999.99 plus tax. Back to $900 more than Buckeye version. :facepalm::D

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Apparently, the Monoprice NC502MP sale is over and price back to $2999.99 plus tax. Back to $900 more than Buckeye version. :facepalm::D
Maybe it was a "Halloween month is here" sale

PJ 1

I have been living with the Monolith M8250x for about a week now and am very pleased. SOLIDLY built, quality XLR and speaker terminals, and fairly cool running. I have about 50 hours listening and rotating it and my Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 3 in/out of my system. What I noticed the most is I find the XPA-3 fatiguing and it didn't matter if I used my Marantz 8805 or my Emotiva XMC-1. I'm left guessing that the distortion issues ASR found with the XPA DR3 was the culprit. I don't consider myself an "audiophile" but am a musician with experience in studios listening for issues on recordings using many different speakers and amps. I find the ATI implemented Hypex modules quiet, clean, powerful, and dynamic without the issues in the top end I found with the XPA. Now, that's MY OPINION ONLY and others may not feel the same. I just didn't care for the Emotiva "sound" if there is such a thing in an amp. (I didn't notice any issues with my Emotiva BasX A5175 and would recommend it to anyone if they still made it. It was a 125w/channel class A/B powerhouse for like $700.) Anyway, for the sale price of $2149 I paid for the Monolith, I'd say instant "yes". For $2999? I'd probably have kept shopping for awhile but ultimately gone with it after swallowing a stiff whiskey...

Last edited:

pfgiv

I purchased this too, still haven’t opened it yet. Waiting for Avm70 8k to arrive.

I’m using this for the surrounds, rear surrounds and atmos, and I need to get a 3 channel or 3 monoblocks (I have 3 outlaw 2200s for the time being but want to get a hypex or purifi amp).

Suggestions for something to match the monoprice? NC500?

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I purchased this too, still haven’t opened it yet. Waiting for Avm70 8k to arrive.

I’m using this for the surrounds, rear surrounds and atmos, and I need to get a 3 channel or 3 monoblocks (I have 3 outlaw 2200s for the time being but want to get a hypex or purifi amp).

3x NC500
3ch Purifi
3ch NC5xxMP

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
No issues gain matching between purifi and hypex?
It would depend on the implementation by the brand you choose. As an example, I made sure that one of the gain settings that can be used on my Purifi builds matches with the Hypex modules.

PJ 1

Not sure which versions you have but ASR tested the Outlaw 2200 and found them to be solid and made Amir's recommended list. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...outlaw-2220-review-monoblock-amplifier.31520/
They were also on my "short list" but like a one box solution and won't be going past 5.2.2 anytime soon.

pfgiv

pfgiv

For anyone interested in the 8125 but missed out on their recent sale price of 1699, the monoprice eBay store is selling it for $1444.15. Not sure how long this price will last. You can also use a cash back site for further savings.

m8125x

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ordered. Will test it at 2 and 5 watts when it arrives. The grounding lug is an interesting addition to the design relative to others.

pfgiv

For anyone interested in the 8125 but missed out on their recent sale price of 1699, the monoprice eBay store is selling it for $1444.15. Not sure how long this price will last. You can also use a cash back site for further savings.

m8125x

Because I viewed this on eBay, they just sent me an offer for $1,371.94. Check your emails for offers.

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Not that it should scare anyone off, but it should be noted the eBay offered Monoprice M8125X only has a 1yr warranty (according to their eBay page).

I an genuinely curious as to why they have a sale like this on their eBay page since eBay takes a decent percentage of the sale away vs. a CC processing fee if purchased directly through Monoprices online storefront.

pfgiv

Not that it should scare anyone off, but it should be noted the eBay offered Monoprice M8125X only has a 1yr warranty (according to their eBay page).

I an genuinely curious as to why they have a sale like this on their eBay page since eBay takes a decent percentage of the sale away vs. a CC processing fee if purchased directly through Monoprices online storefront.
It's possible that its not actually them making the sale price. I've purchased a lot of expensive electronics over eBay, and many times items were on sale. I remember one time when I purchased about $700 in monitors from buydig, and a day later they were $75 off each. I called buydig to see if they would just do a price adjustment, and they informed me it wasn't them that put the sale price on. The only way I could get the discount was to return the monitors they sent and reorder. I know eBay also did this with LG OLED tv's in the 2017s, because I called sellers asking about prices and they told me it wasn't sales they put on.

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
It's possible that its not actually them making the sale price. I've purchased a lot of expensive electronics over eBay, and many times items were on sale. I remember one time when I purchased about $700 in monitors from buydig, and a day later they were $75 off each. I called buydig to see if they would just do a price adjustment, and they informed me it wasn't them that put the sale price on. The only way I could get the discount was to return the monitors they sent and reorder. I know eBay also did this with LG OLED tv's in the 2017s, because I called sellers asking about prices and they told me it wasn't sales they put on.
Interesting. I know Amazon has the "Fulfilled through Amazon" type setup where a business can keep their items stocked in an Amazon warehouse for faster shipment/delivery but they (the business) still controls the listing/prices.

I guess it might be different for eBay. Maybe Monoprice "sells" them items for eBay to sell. IDK. I may contact Monoprice this week to see. Mainly out of curiosity.

pfgiv

Interesting. I know Amazon has the "Fulfilled through Amazon" type setup where a business can keep their items stocked in an Amazon warehouse for faster shipment/delivery but they (the business) still controls the listing/prices.

I guess it might be different for eBay. Maybe Monoprice "sells" them items for eBay to sell. IDK. I may contact Monoprice this week to see. Mainly out of curiosity.
It's for sure not like Amazon fulfillment. I have no reason to doubt the companies I spoke with about this in the past. This may not be the case with this amp. It is indeed odd that their price on their website is higher than eBay, where they have to pay some sort of (depending on what these big corps actually pay) final value fee.

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
It's for sure not like Amazon fulfillment. I have no reason to doubt the companies I spoke with about this in the past. This may not be the case with this amp. It is indeed odd that their price on their website is higher than eBay, where they have to pay some sort of (depending on what these big corps actually pay) final value fee.
Yea the Final Value Fee is the part that makes me scratch my head more. Unless they pay a set amount/membership type thing being a big seller/corp.

Because for the average seller, Final Value Fee's are usually at least 10%. Which makes selling my current Revels and Anthem on eBay very hard as I can't list for what I'd actually accept for them from anywhere off of eBay.
Also makes it so I never have plans to selling my amps on eBay.

pfgiv

Yea the Final Value Fee is the part that makes me scratch my head more. Unless they pay a set amount/membership type thing being a big seller/corp.

Because for the average seller, Final Value Fee's are usually at least 10%. Which makes selling my current Revels and Anthem on eBay very hard as I can't list for what I'd actually accept for them from anywhere off of eBay.
Also makes it so I never have plans to selling my amps on eBay.
it's 12% now if you have a store

Top Bottom