• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BUCKEYEAMPS Hypex NCx500 Amplifier 2channel Review

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi Rick,

Thank you for updating this review thread. It has been a while and it looks like we were all left hanging as to the final outcome of the failure. The the Amp module fail or did the power supply fail or was there an error in his testing procedure that caused premature failure?

Would you be so kind as to summarize where this test stands please?

Trying to determine root cause stalled after the owner did not return the power supply. So even if the OP fell ill, seems as though the owner could still return the SMPS for diagnosis. Since the OP was able to resume testing after the SMPS was replaced, appears the rest of the amp was fine.

As the owner has not resurfaced either, we are hopeful he still has a functioning amp.:)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Trying to determine root cause stalled after the owner did not return the power supply. So even if the OP fell ill, seems as though the owner could still return the SMPS for diagnosis. Since the OP was able to resume testing after the SMPS was replaced, appears the rest of the amp was fine.
In support of Buckeye and his products I would only like to make a short observation.
Buckeye is a very active member of this community and has been almost from it's beginning.
Many amps have been sold to our members and others tested by Amir with little to no complaints being made as to their reliability or customer service. Whatever the cause of the failure of this particular amp while being measured, I don't believe we can read anything into
results. Schitt happens and as long as it doesn't happen on a constant basis, looks to me as all is good at Buckeye.
If I was looking to replace the aging amplifiers in my current rig, Buckeye would be at the top of the list.
JMHO

ClaudeJ1

In support of Buckeye and his products I would only like to make a short observation.
Buckeye is a very active member of this community and has been almost from it's beginning.
Many amps have been sold to our members and others tested by Amir with little to no complaints being made as to their reliability or customer service. Whatever the cause of the failure of this particular amp while being measured, I don't believe we can read anything into
results. Schitt happens and as long as it doesn't happen on a constant basis, looks to me as all is good at Buckeye.
If I was looking to replace the aging amplifiers in my current rig, Buckeye would be at the top of the list.
JMHO
I like your Peter Aczel quote and your NO MQA sign. MQA also deserves a Paul W. Klipsch bull$hit Yellow button as a Distortion Generator. PWK was all about lowering Intermodulation Distortion in Loudspeakers, which is 1,000 to 1 Million times worse in Loudspeakers vs. Power Amplifiers. Yet still IGNORED by the industry.

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I like your Peter Aczel quote and your NO MQA sign. MQA also deserves a Paul W. Klipsch bull$hit Yellow button as a Distortion Generator. PWK was all about lowering Intermodulation Distortion in Loudspeakers, which is 1,000 to 1 Million times worse in Loudspeakers vs. Power Amplifiers. Yet still IGNORED by the industry.
I have been following this thread and also concerned about OP welfare. Perhaps a member of ASR in his vicinity could check on him and report back?

Sokel

Master Contributor
I have been following this thread and also concerned about OP welfare. Perhaps a member of ASR in his vicinity could check on him and report back?
Perhaps @Nuyes maybe has some insight through Korean forums,I would expect reviewers in a small community like audio have some interaction.

Nuyes

Forum Donor
Reviewer
Perhaps @Nuyes maybe has some insight through Korean forums,I would expect reviewers in a small community like audio have some interaction.
@TLEDDY @Sokel
He is safe. I was in contact with him just a few days ago about speakers, and he is doing well.

While I don't know the details of his situation, it seems he is currently too busy to engage in amp measurements and activities on ASR.

If there is something (or urgent) you need to ask him, please let me know. I will contact him to encourage resuming his activities on ASR.

Top Bottom