• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 341 86.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 38 9.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 10 2.5%

• Total voters

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I’d love to hear a representative from Brooklyn comment on this review.
1708782321071.gif

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The performance of this 5k steamer/dac should embarrass Brooklyn . Will it ?

I’d love to hear a representative from Brooklyn comment on this review.
Zero upside for them unless they play the "must be broken" card. Which I don't think they can or would.

I wouldn't mind, the concept as a one box does all solution is nice.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
VS the US $4999 Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II solution, there will be a lot of money left over then. Why not take them and visit the real deal for example::D

It will be a nice travel memory, plus when you get back home you STILL have a solution that is better than the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer.;)

Or, with the money you save visit Lychee Park in Shenzhen. It will be a nice travel memory. :)

shenzhen_lycheepark.jpg

lordhumungous

I’m sure Brooklyn can afford to buy Audio Precision equipment to test a 5K streamer/dac !!

Don’t they have any at their place ?

Reactions: VQR

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm pretty sure they have Audio Precision, at least one of their designers and service guy that I got to know had one privately and knew how to use it to troubleshoot their stuff

Last edited:

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Y’all have lost your minds when SINAD of 98 is "broken". It’s audibly transparent. Of course it’s not worth its price, but that should be an asterisk independent of the technical review.

Thats not why I qualified it as broken instead of not terrible , the icing of the cake and the straw that broke the camels back was the unchangeable and broken filter setting it s has a very leaky filter that migth get you audible artefacts.
One should not ever design a DAC like this It reminds me of those filter less NOS DAC’s that was very popular a while ago

If it where not for that it’s just an all in one boutique device that did not perform so well and is a bit to expensive bit sure it works , but it’s not SOTA , but that filter setting ? I take that as a proxy for their general competence , thier engineering staff must believe in a lot of audiophile myths do do it like this ? What else did they do ?

Maybe it’s Mytek that’s broken and the product is the symptoms?

Fidji

Mytek and 5k USD discussion - there is clearly a market for this things. And lot of people just don’t care about the measurements or objective performance. ASR is considered to be “SINAD cultists” by sizable part of hifi afficionados. Trust me, I know that lot. you have people agonising about differences between 2 fuses, or even better, even the DiRECTION of the fuse (whcih costs 5.000)

BTW 5k USD is considered dirt cheap in high end. You can get PC with fancy name and lot of linear power supplies inside for 25k and it is considered “good value” by some.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Mytek and 5k USD discussion - there is clearly a market for this things. And lot of people just don’t care about the measurements or objective performance. ASR is considered to be “SINAD cultists” by sizable part of hifi afficionados. Trust me, I know that lot. you have people agonising about differences between 2 fuses, or even better, even the DiRECTION of the fuse (whcih costs 5.000)

BTW 5k USD is considered dirt cheap in high end. You can get PC with fancy name and lot of linear power supplies inside for 25k and it is considered “good value” by some.
Yep, we know.

Mikig

these people are absolutely right!
I wish them lots of fun!!
handling devices with the technology of the last century, or modern but poorly designed, will clearly lead you to worry about fuses, silver, cables, capacitors, and CDs in the refrigerator...

just a suggestion to them: they should also start taking into consideration, the modern and well-designed devices, even if not "noble", children of modern technology...
they would discover that all the efforts from “alchemist” they are making, have already been widely contemplated, studied, and translated by engineers into new and simple components, which they require nothing more than having to turn them on, and press “play”…

vert

Forum Donor
Only in audio! Imagine a world where you could get a $10,000 car that trounces the $200,000 supposedly high-end cars, and a $100,000 home that outshines the $2,000,000 homes. Everybody would be very rich and happy.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have discovered the issue, Darko is building them :p

- Rich

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Y’all have lost your minds when SINAD of 98 is "broken". It’s audibly transparent. Of course it’s not worth its price, but that should be an asterisk independent of the technical review.

Yeah. But this is an engineering-oriented site. So you have to understand it within that context. It would be like if Playboy Magazine (is that even a thing anymore?) ran a centerfold featuring Jane Hathaway. I mean, there was nothing 'broken' about Jane. It just wasn't what the mag was all about, and it wasn't an article that subscribers wanted to read.

Timmeon

In fairness...

This thing packs a lot of features into an attractive (to some) and compact package. I wonder if there could be some rating scale where audible performance is taken into account first, assuming a relatively quiet listening space, and from there you can apply a certain number of points based on functionality, usability, and finally cost to extract a decent representation of value, durability/customer service excluded.

Of course, this is a science-based forum, and these devices are being scrutinized at a level far beyond what a typical consumer might ever need. I get that. But maybe a more pedestrian-friendly assessment could benefit and appeal to a broader group. Just a thought.

Top Bottom