• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 345 86.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 38 9.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 10 2.5%

• Total voters
I own an audio component that uses a Mean Well supply with a significant output filter. It’s great!

I'm enjoying the Audio Science thread over at Roon.

I find it amazing that some people think they have golden ears because they are highly educated and go to lots of classical concerts.

So we should follow their ears and not the lousy measurements posted here ?!? Hell even the filters don't work on the Mytek.

The only audio equipment that should have intentional distortion is guitar amps.
"Distortion" answered Pete Townsend to the question what property he would consider to be the most important of a guitar amplifier. Synths have options to create and distort sound as well as add noise to the generated sounds as well. I just mean to say sometimes noise and/or distorion is desired. If so, it will be generated by the musicians or added by the recording and mixing sound engineers. Noise and distortion from the hifi playback system is unintended as far as I'm concerned.

"Distortion" answered Pete Townsend to the question what property he would consider to be the most important of a guitar amplifier. Synths have options to create and distort sound as well as add noise to the generated sounds as well. I just mean to say sometimes noise and/or distorion is desired. If so, it will be generated by the musicians or added by the recording and mixing sound engineers. Noise and distortion from the hifi playback system is unintended as far as I'm concerned.
"Noise and distortion from the hifi playback system is unintended as far as I'm concerned."

And very unwanted as well, at least by me, so no Tubes!

This is so strange to read, though I didn't read more than a few pages of this thread. I am a former recording studio owner / engineer, and mastering studio / engineer. How anyone can crap on Mytek is cuckoo, at least from my experience as an audio engineer. For many audio engineers and mastering engineers, these are among the finest converters that have ever been made. As a mastering engineer, I used them for pitch, catch and monitoring (analog signal path) and frequently won shootouts with grammy winning mastering engineers. I haven't checked out the Brooklyn Bridge so perhaps there is something I am missing here, but the converters they make are among a handful of the very best. One of my friends is a mastering engineer in Japan and does a lot for Sony Japan, Mytek converters. The Brooklyn ADC was the first ADC I heard that I thought bested the Pacific Microsonics II for musical preservation. Scratching my head.

Send a device to Amir for measurement.
Keith

This is so strange to read, though I didn't read more than a few pages of this thread. I am a former recording studio owner / engineer, and mastering studio / engineer. How anyone can crap on Mytek is cuckoo, at least from my experience as an audio engineer. For many audio engineers and mastering engineers, these are among the finest converters that have ever been made. As a mastering engineer, I used them for pitch, catch and monitoring (analog signal path) and frequently won shootouts with grammy winning mastering engineers. I haven't checked out the Brooklyn Bridge so perhaps there is something I am missing here, but the converters they make are among a handful of the very best. One of my friends is a mastering engineer in Japan and does a lot for Sony Japan, Mytek converters. The Brooklyn ADC was the first ADC I heard that I thought bested the Pacific Microsonics II for musical preservation. Scratching my head.

Things change.

Reactions: VQR
How anyone can crap on Mytek is cuckoo, at least from my experience...

Do you not understand the measurements?

It likely sounds fine, but has some issues that are hard to make excuses for in what is sold as a premium device.

How anyone can crap on Mytek is cuckoo, at least from my experience as an audio engineer.
The consumer electronics and professional gear design teams of the same brand don't necessarily work in the same building nor to the same standard. At this price they should...

Back
Top Bottom