• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Could tou explain which improvements or better functions will have?

It does have playback functions and dedicated buttons for inputs. You have to update your X-SABRE 3 to the latest firmware for the RM4 remote to work.

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Wow that’s amazing news. I thought the X-SABRE 3 was hardware limited to support MA Remote but I guess it’s not :) Thanks again for enabling this new feature!!

X-SABRE 3 added successfully to the MA Remote app ;)

IMG_5966.PNG

IMG_5965.PNG

IMG_5964.PNG

Last edited:

Charlie

MatrixAudio Each time the volume after being lowered returns to a value that is too high!! Warning

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
MatrixAudio Each time the volume after being lowered returns to a value that is too high!! Warning

This is not happening to me. It could be a bad firmware update in your unit. I set the volume at 70, rebooted my X-SABRE 3 and volume was at 70 after reboot. Make sure your unit volume is set to Variable and not Fixed.

Charlie

j'ai éteint puis rallumé complètement le xsabre ... tout semble ok après ça

officialsm

With latest firmware version 1.0.2 Build018 i was experiencing two issues.
Dimmer led setup not working sometimes they goes off.
Rarely freezing of x-sabre 2 so i have to reboot it.
Anyone the same?

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
With latest firmware version 1.0.2 Build018 i was experiencing two issues.
Dimmer led setup not working sometimes they goes off.
Rarely freezing of x-sabre 2 so i have to reboot it.
Anyone the same?

Yep, I already reported the bug to @MatrixAudio . Mine also gets disconnected from the network or the screen shows No Network but it's still connected to Roon. The only way to fix it is unplugging the power cord for a full reboot.

officialsm

Yep, I already reported the bug to @MatrixAudio . Mine also gets disconnected from the network or the screen shows No Network but it's still connected to Roon. The only way to fix it is unplugging the power cord for a full reboot.

For me the same behaviour

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
You can contact @MatrixAudio over their email support providing your X-SABRE 3 serial number, and ask them to send you the previous firmware. They will send the firmware directly to your unit. I did that today and most likely my unit will get the previous firmware by tomorrow.

Charlie

I had the same problem.
suddenly, with the new firmware, we will no longer have access to Ma remote?

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
With the previous firmware you will lose access to MA Remote app, which in my case doesn’t matter as I don’t use it.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I recently saw a sabre unit (at the home of someone I bought speakers from). Really nice, and he said the all-compatible streaming works great, a lot like the Cambridge units. Still, I need a killer feature to invest the dough. You can get transparent for a lot less (I own an RME, and the EQ and loudness are my killer features).

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I recently saw a sabre unit (at the home of someone I bought speakers from). Really nice, and he said the all-compatible streaming works great, a lot like the Cambridge units. Still, I need a killer feature to invest the dough. You can get transparent for a lot less (I own an RME, and the EQ and loudness are my killer features).

RME fan and owner too but the X-SABRE 3 is my go to unit for music listening with monitors and headphones.

IMG_6183.jpeg

Charlie

Can this bug damage the xsabre3? it's a shame, I don't use roon and bubble upnp/mconnect work less well than my remote. I hope @MatrixAudio will fix this bug in the next update. I want to be able to use my remote.

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Got the previous firmware in my X-SABRE 3 and now everything is back to normal. In fact, I think they pulled the new firmware out of their servers because it's not available anymore for my unit.

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
there is a new xsaber update

The latest firmware update, 1.0.2 Build018 introduced a bug that makes the X-SABRE 3 lose network connection. I do not recommend you to update to the latest firmware. I'm getting today a beta firmware for testing to see if the network bug is fixed. I will report back in a few days.

ICantHearYou

The latest firmware update, 1.0.2 Build018 introduced a bug that makes the X-SABRE 3 lose network connection. I do not recommend you to update to the latest firmware. I'm getting today a beta firmware for testing to see if the network bug is fixed. I will report back in a few days.
That isn't the latest firmware. I just downloaded the latest firmware today (1.0.3 Build 005)

Top Bottom